DC - Carlo Castellanos-Feria for hiding under woman's bed, Washington, 2005

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
WASHINGTON -- A stalker was caught on tape hiding under a woman's bed for two days as he waited for the chance to be alone with her.

On Wednesday, Carlo Castellanos-Feria was sentenced to 38 months in jail.

The videotape shows the convicted stalker carefully hiding his video camera on a desk in the victim's bedroom. When he hears the woman and her boyfriend come in the apartment, he disappears under her bed.

Castellanos-Feria remained under the bed for two days, until he was discovered by the victim's boyfriend.
// Set DC ad position if(typeof dcadposition == 'undefined')dcadposition = 1; else dcadposition++; if (typeof segQS == 'undefined')segQS=''; if (typeof adid == 'undefined')adid='false'; document.write(""); http://a.tribalfusion.com/h.click/P...p://www.beazer.com/bigredweekend/?ic_campID=2 if ((!document.images && navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Mozilla/2.") >= 0) || navigator.userAgent.indexOf("WebTV")>= 0) { document.write(""); document.write(""); }

The incident had the makings of "an urban nightmare," said U.S. Attorney Ken Wainstein. "(You're) nice to someone then you end up having that person under your bed trying to record your most private moments in your bedroom."

The nightmare started at Holy Cross Hospital, where the victim met her stalker, who was working as a parking valet.

In court, the victim told the judge that the discovery of the valet in her bedroom was a horrible experience.

"Her life is dramatically changed," said prosecutor Keri Barta. "She is fearful when she hears strange noises (and) she doesn't know where they are coming from. Her husband, who was her boyfriend at the time of the incident, now has to be careful not to approach her from behind because it just startles her."

Moments before he was sentenced, Castellanos-Feria apologized. "I fell madly in love and that blinded my judgment. I beg your forgiveness. I need help, your honor."

Judge Herbert Dixon handed down a three-year sentence, including treatment for mental illness and sex crimes.

Court documents show the Hyattsville, Md., man had a change of clothes, condoms, a power cord and latex gloves with him under the victim's bed at the time of his arrest.

Wainstein said Castellanos-Feria got access to the victim's keys as a parking valet and "took that opportunity to get those keys copied. That's something we should all think about next time we leave our keys somewhere."

When investigators searched Castellanos-Feria's home, they found six framed photographs of the victim, as well as a stack of vacation photos and a wedding photo with her ex-husband.

Investigators later determined they items were stolen from the ex-husband's home.

Wow now this is sick. He gets 38 months . Thats all he gets.

WOW, that guy is scary and crazy. I would be freaked out just like she is. But I don't think he is getting enough time, who is to say he wouldn't have murdered her.

The fact that he had a power cord with him sounds to me like he planned to murder her. I think this deserves a much longer sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back