1125 users online (239 members and 886 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    86

    CT - Pastor Charged With Raping Girl, 11, Who Had His Baby

    This happend literally 2 miles from my home! ITS SICK!!!!!

    A Hartford pastor was charged with raping an 11-year-old girl, who gave birth to the man's child in May, city police said Thursday.

    Police said that the rapes took place in his church at 889 Broad St. and that they are looking for other possible victims.

    Modesto Reyes of 28-30 Ellsworth St. was arrested at his home Wednesday and charged with four counts of first-degree sexual assault, four counts of second-degree sexual assault, and four counts of risk of injury to a minor. Police said he was in custody Thursday, with bail set at $750,000.

    Police said they learned of the rapes two days before the girl, now 12, gave birth to a baby on May 24 after a full-term pregnancy. DNA tests confirmed that Reyes, 52, is the father of the baby, police said.

    http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-
    ctpastor0623.artjun23,0,871688.story?coll=hc-headlines-local

    see the link for the remainder of the story and please keep in mind that you may only post about 1/10 of any article and a link MUST BE provided. Thanks.

  2. #2
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    I will bet there are more victims since his church catered to mothers and their teen daughters. The neighbor says he has seen the pastor there with teen girls at odd hours of the night.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Had a youth pastor local here get busted a couple of days ago...a FLIPPIN' YOUTH PASTOR!


    http://www.thecitizen.com/node/7738

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,356
    sadly this happens way to often in Churches and it does not matter what relgion it is. When I was involved in church years ago.It was not with a child but the pastor and choir director swapped wifes and tried hiding it. An of course heard many stories of both men having realations with females in the church. Also knew that the Choir director wife was also seeing other men.
    One reason and then of course always hearing we need your money. I live my live the way I do now. I know where I am going.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Had a youth pastor local here get busted a couple of days ago...a FLIPPIN' YOUTH PASTOR!
    Same thing in my home town. But this youth evangelist preferred young boys.

    Do they think that because they know the Bible, they get a free pass into Heaven? That they can be forgiven by God and all will be okay? The the sin isn't as bad because it was done by a "man of God."

    What a puke.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    Same thing in my home town. But this youth evangelist preferred young boys.

    Do they think that because they know the Bible, they get a free pass into Heaven? That they can be forgiven by God and all will be okay? The the sin isn't as bad because it was done by a "man of God."

    What a puke.

    If that's what they think something tells me they've got a BIG surprise coming!!!!

  7. #7
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    I don't think they believe they get a free pass into heaven. I think they think they are in heaven when they find a good place to scope for victims. Plus being a leader in a church gives you instant trust.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    The link won't work for me.

    Does it say anything about why the police did not learn of this rape until 9 months after it occured? Did the girl have family? Were her parents not upset that their 11 year old was pregnant?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    I love my church, and I love all the pastors there. I am positive that this would never happen in our congregation.

    I still would never allow my children to spend time alone with the pastor.... anywhere. Especially not at his house.

    I also know that our pastor has told us that he will never meet with (to counsel) a woman unless his secretary is in the next room and he always has the door cracked and the blinds opened. Whether it is because he is leary of being accused, worried about rumors or whatever else... he didn't say, but it seemed like a good practice to me.

    He also stated that he will not ride alone in a car with a woman who is not his wife. This is because he doesn't want to leave any room for innocent conversations to turn intimate. Again, it sounds like a sound practice to me.

    As for our singles pastor, he has stated to use that although he is friends with many young women in the congregation, and there are frequently BBQ's, pool parties, and bible studies held at his home, he will not allow a female to enter unless it is a group gathering. Because of his position in the church, he has had to turn down requests for a place to stay (he will help people find another place though). He explained that his neighbors know that he is a pastor, and even if nothing was going on, it wouldn't look right and would reflect poorly on our church.

    It's all about setting personal boundaries. As parents, we have to do the same for our children. It's a scary world that we live in, and no matter how long you have known someone, you can never be too careful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    The link won't work for me.

    Does it say anything about why the police did not learn of this rape until 9 months after it occured? Did the girl have family? Were her parents not upset that their 11 year old was pregnant?
    Try this like Cypros.
    http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc...0,871688.story


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanks, Christine

    No clar answer as to why the authorities were not notified earlier, but this passage suggests that she may have hid it from everyone until she was just about to give birth.

    "One man, who would not give his name, said he knew the girl who gave birth and was astounded to learn that she had been pregnant. He said she hid the pregnancy by wearing baggy sweat shirts and pants."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Posts
    86
    The church is located in a bad area of the city. They said most of his congregation were young women and children. How sick. I just can't fathom what that poor little girl was going through. She probably had no clue what was going on with her body the whole time. I wonder if the parents knew she was pregnant? I can't believe they wouldn't know. My daughter is the same age and I couldn't imagine what I would do if something like that happened to her.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    Same thing in my home town. But this youth evangelist preferred young boys.

    Do they think that because they know the Bible, they get a free pass into Heaven? That they can be forgiven by God and all will be okay? The the sin isn't as bad because it was done by a "man of God."

    What a puke.
    You have to view predatory pedophiles as the types of animals that use protective coloration to look like creatures they aren't, like worms that mimic snakes or moths that look like owls. These guys mimic normal humans. They aren't though. They no more believe the religious/political/ethical stuff they mouth than a hunter using a duck call thinks he's a duck. Its just stuff they have to say to get close to their prey.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,568
    link didnt work for me , so I went to http://www.courant.com/

    clicked on Local news, more.... and I found the story.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodibug
    I love my church, and I love all the pastors there. I am positive that this would never happen in our congregation.

    I still would never allow my children to spend time alone with the pastor.... anywhere. Especially not at his house.

    I also know that our pastor has told us that he will never meet with (to counsel) a woman unless his secretary is in the next room and he always has the door cracked and the blinds opened. Whether it is because he is leary of being accused, worried about rumors or whatever else... he didn't say, but it seemed like a good practice to me.

    He also stated that he will not ride alone in a car with a woman who is not his wife. This is because he doesn't want to leave any room for innocent conversations to turn intimate. Again, it sounds like a sound practice to me.

    As for our singles pastor, he has stated to use that although he is friends with many young women in the congregation, and there are frequently BBQ's, pool parties, and bible studies held at his home, he will not allow a female to enter unless it is a group gathering. Because of his position in the church, he has had to turn down requests for a place to stay (he will help people find another place though). He explained that his neighbors know that he is a pastor, and even if nothing was going on, it wouldn't look right and would reflect poorly on our church.

    It's all about setting personal boundaries. As parents, we have to do the same for our children. It's a scary world that we live in, and no matter how long you have known someone, you can never be too careful.
    Jodibug- I have always had total trust in my pastor and church as well. I never thought anything like this would happen in MY church.

    This may be a little OT, but churches, and christian families are really under attack. What better way to make people stay out of church than a scandal involving the pastor? Our pastor just did something I NEVER would have believed in a million years. He's a very good man, seemed like he had the perfect marriage, etc... His wife is also a pastor, and loved by all in the church. He did the UNTHINKABLE... he had an affair with a 22 year old woman who is also married w/ children. He didn't just have an affair, he ran off with the young woman. They ran off together and met up in another state and no one knew where to find him. He neglected to inform anyone of where he was and Sunday Services were a mess. His wife was beside herself. He finally called her and confessed everything, and resigned, after about a week with the other woman.
    It saddens me to see this happening in churches. People see the headlines and think to themselves.... 'See, that's why I don't go to church'.

    http://www.allgodspeople.com/madison...ng_affair.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NOT GUILTY NM - Julio Iturralde charged with raping 8mo baby, Los Lunas, 24 May 2014
    By nightwatch in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 02:53 PM
  2. MS - Boy, 13, charged with stabbing parents, raping 7yo girl, July 2010
    By Missizzy in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 09:51 PM