FL - Jordan Dibert-Monk, 23 mos, beaten to death, St Petersburg, 19 June 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A man was denied bond Thursday on charges he fatally beat his girlfriend's 2-year-old son.

Jordan Dibert-Monk died Wednesday after being brought to the hospital the day before with injuries to his head and eyes and bruises on his arms, legs and forehead, an arrest report said.

Kevin Daniel White, 21, the boyfriend of Jordan's mother, was charged Tuesday with aggravated child abuse. The charge was upgraded to first-degree murder after the child's death.

White, who had been seeing Jordan's mother for about a month, has denied beating the child. He claimed Jordan hurt himself by falling over backward and hitting his head.

White was being represented by the public defender's office.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/gen/ap/FL_Toddler_Death.html

How do you get eye and forehead injuries from falling over backwards?

I know my daughter had bruises all of the time, all over the place, from as active of a toddler as she was - so if she were to have been in an accident of this magnitude, it's possible it might look like something else happened due to the bruising - but I'd think the doctors could tell if an injury was days older, or from something besides abuse.

OK...shouldn't the mom be held responsible, too? They'd only been dating a month - that is NOT long enough to leave her child with him unsupervised!

cathieq said:
OK...shouldn't the mom be held responsible, too? They'd only been dating a month - that is NOT long enough to leave her child with him unsupervised!

That's not even long enough for her to have even introduced her to the kid, much less left him alone together.

Kevin Daniel White
Offense: 1st Degree Murder
6/16/2008 - Entered negotiated guilty plea and was given a life sentence
7/03/2008 - Filed motion to withdraw guilty plea - denied
7/24/2009 - Denial Appealed - Denial reversed and remanded (link below)

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2009/July/July 24,%
202009/2D08-4237.pdf

I find no further court documentation after this appeal. At this time sentence is still life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back