896 users online (171 members and 725 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Daniel Marchan, 3 mos, dies of head trauma, Lake in the Hills, 23 Jan 2006

What is this judge thinking??

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...174082619.html

(CBS) WOODSTOCK, Ill. A Lake in the Hills man has received permission from a judge to move back into his home with his three children, as a murder case against him moves forward.

Julian Palomo, 35, was charged with first-degree murder in the shaking death of his 3-month-old nephew, Daniel Marchan, on Jan. 23, causing fatal head and brain injuries.

After a week with no brain activity, the Lake in the Hills boy later died when his parents removed him from life support at a hospital in Park Ridge.

More at link.
    Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    What is this judge thinking??

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...174082619.html

(CBS) WOODSTOCK, Ill. A Lake in the Hills man has received permission from a judge to move back into his home with his three children, as a murder case against him moves forward.

Julian Palomo, 35, was charged with first-degree murder in the shaking death of his 3-month-old nephew, Daniel Marchan, on Jan. 23, causing fatal head and brain injuries.

After a week with no brain activity, the Lake in the Hills boy later died when his parents removed him from life support at a hospital in Park Ridge.

More at link.
    Old Broad
    WTF

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    He's completed parenting classes and anger management classes, dontcha know. This judge is crazy!

Oh, now I see why he's allowed back in a house w/ vulnerable kids...Did he get an A in Anger Management, I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    He's completed parenting classes and anger management classes, dontcha know. This judge is crazy!
    This is OUTRAGEOUS... I can't believe this judge. I don't know where Lake Mills, IL is, but I'm right next door to IL- I'm going to write this judge. I'm so pissed about this!!

A little O/T here. You know, every time I see that "parenting class" thing, I get upset. My stepson's mother lost custody (to us) and we were raising the child. She is THE sickest person I know- mentally, physically, every which way, she's a very sick person- therefore, she's also a really world class bad mother. It was the judge's idea that she get some parenting classes. Then maybe she could have visitation every other weekend. I thought the judge was joking. I really did. Parenting classes for monsters like this is the equivalent of putting a band aid on a big huge bleeding gaping wound. It doesn't help a thing.

Ok.. sorry, I'm on a rant. Who is protecting these children that have no choice but to live with a monster? Their father killed their cousin (as I understand it)... can you imagine how afraid those poor kids are now? Ugh.. turns my stomach.

WTF ,,, shakes head
    totally speechless here,
    just shakes head again!

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO

There are no words.....

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister
    Oh, now I see why he's allowed back in a house w/ vulnerable kids...Did he get an A in Anger Management, I wonder...
    He must have. I wonder if the judge would allow him to babysit...

Palomo's wife is expected to deliver the couple's fourth child in July...tests and Chmiel's ruling showed that Palomo was not a dangerous man and that the state's case was weak against his client...Palomo's family, including the victim's parents, continue to support him...
    http://www.nwherald.com/MainSection/...0163672294.php

Looks like his family needs to undergo some counseling...A 'reality check' course wouldn't hurt the family either. I sure wouldn't have let him return home as long as there were criminal charges against him....

What is the MOTHER of his children thinking!?? How can she let this man move back into the home with her children? I am sorry but I don't think that 5 months of classes (probably less than that)can possible cure someone like him. If he should lose it and something happens to one of those kids the mother and the judge should be held just as accountable as this creep!

AND...

I am from the area and if what I am hearing during playground gossip is correct, this man lives on the SAME street as the parents of the child he killed. How can this judge just ignore their feelings and say "okay go on home now"

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    This is OUTRAGEOUS... I can't believe this judge. I don't know where Lake Mills, IL is, but I'm right next door to IL- I'm going to write this judge. I'm so pissed about this!!

A little O/T here. You know, every time I see that "parenting class" thing, I get upset. My stepson's mother lost custody (to us) and we were raising the child. She is THE sickest person I know- mentally, physically, every which way, she's a very sick person- therefore, she's also a really world class bad mother. It was the judge's idea that she get some parenting classes. Then maybe she could have visitation every other weekend. I thought the judge was joking. I really did. Parenting classes for monsters like this is the equivalent of putting a band aid on a big huge bleeding gaping wound. It doesn't help a thing.

Ok.. sorry, I'm on a rant. Who is protecting these children that have no choice but to live with a monster? Their father killed their cousin (as I understand it)... can you imagine how afraid those poor kids are now? Ugh.. turns my stomach.
    This town is about 5 miles from me. It is actually a "boom" town built on rolling farm countryside. It caters to young families who want to buy "nice" starter homes. All pre-fab construction. All about 10 years old or less. The county it is in, McHenry County, is pretty much a "rural" county. Actually, I have a friend who is a court stenographer there. Maybe I can get some details.

This doesn't surprise me. They need to get their heads out of their asses and come into the 21st century. I'd say write as much as you can to all of the people you can. That's the only way any change will take place. They have old boy politics too.

Just my humble opinion.

[QUOTE=cathieq]Palomo's wife is expected to deliver the couple's fourth child in July...tests and Chmiel's ruling showed that Palomo was not a dangerous man and that the state's case was weak against his client...Palomo's family, including the victim's parents, continue to support him...
    http://www.nwherald.com/MainSection/...0163672294.php

This is not what several of the neighborhood parents are saying...but hey I guess I should take gossip for what it is...you never know.

Prosecutors have not said if they will seek the death penalty against him.

Is this a joke? The judge allowed this man to go home to live with his children and The Prosecutors could possibly be seeking the DP. What is wrong with this picture?

What in the WORLD is the judge thinking?! Which kid next?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    I think he should be REQUIRED to babysit the judge's kids. See how relaxing the judge's night out is.
    I like the way you think...except it would put children in danger. I don't think this man should be anywhere near children.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast