GUILTY IL - Daniel Marchan, 3 mos, dies of head trauma, Lake in the Hills, 23 Jan 2006

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What is this judge thinking??

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_174082619.html

(CBS) WOODSTOCK, Ill. A Lake in the Hills man has received permission from a judge to move back into his home with his three children, as a murder case against him moves forward.

Julian Palomo, 35, was charged with first-degree murder in the shaking death of his 3-month-old nephew, Daniel Marchan, on Jan. 23, causing fatal head and brain injuries.

After a week with no brain activity, the Lake in the Hills boy later died when his parents removed him from life support at a hospital in Park Ridge.

More at link.
Old Broad

Old Broad said:
What is this judge thinking??

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_174082619.html

(CBS) WOODSTOCK, Ill. A Lake in the Hills man has received permission from a judge to move back into his home with his three children, as a murder case against him moves forward.

Julian Palomo, 35, was charged with first-degree murder in the shaking death of his 3-month-old nephew, Daniel Marchan, on Jan. 23, causing fatal head and brain injuries.

After a week with no brain activity, the Lake in the Hills boy later died when his parents removed him from life support at a hospital in Park Ridge.

More at link.
Old Broad

WTF:banghead:

He's completed parenting classes and anger management classes, dontcha know. This judge is crazy!

Oh, now I see why he's allowed back in a house w/ vulnerable kids...Did he get an A in Anger Management, I wonder...:furious:

SewingDeb said:
He's completed parenting classes and anger management classes, dontcha know. This judge is crazy!
This is OUTRAGEOUS... I can't believe this judge. I don't know where Lake Mills, IL is, but I'm right next door to IL- I'm going to write this judge. I'm so pissed about this!!

A little O/T here. You know, every time I see that "parenting class" thing, I get upset. My stepson's mother lost custody (to us) and we were raising the child. She is THE sickest person I know- mentally, physically, every which way, she's a very sick person- therefore, she's also a really world class bad mother. It was the judge's idea that she get some parenting classes. Then maybe she could have visitation every other weekend. I thought the judge was joking. I really did. Parenting classes for monsters like this is the equivalent of putting a band aid on a big huge bleeding gaping wound. It doesn't help a thing.

Ok.. sorry, I'm on a rant. Who is protecting these children that have no choice but to live with a monster? Their father killed their cousin (as I understand it)... can you imagine how afraid those poor kids are now? Ugh.. turns my stomach.

lilsister said:
Oh, now I see why he's allowed back in a house w/ vulnerable kids...Did he get an A in Anger Management, I wonder...:furious:

He must have. I wonder if the judge would allow him to babysit...

Palomo's wife is expected to deliver the couple's fourth child in July...tests and Chmiel's ruling showed that Palomo was not a dangerous man and that the state's case was weak against his client...Palomo's family, including the victim's parents, continue to support him...
http://www.nwherald.com/MainSection/other/294420163672294.php

Looks like his family needs to undergo some counseling...A 'reality check' course wouldn't hurt the family either. I sure wouldn't have let him return home as long as there were criminal charges against him....:doh:

What is the MOTHER of his children thinking!?? How can she let this man move back into the home with her children? I am sorry but I don't think that 5 months of classes (probably less than that)can possible cure someone like him. If he should lose it and something happens to one of those kids the mother and the judge should be held just as accountable as this creep!

AND...

I am from the area and if what I am hearing during playground gossip is correct, this man lives on the SAME street as the parents of the child he killed. How can this judge just ignore their feelings and say "okay go on home now"

mssheila said:
This is OUTRAGEOUS... I can't believe this judge. I don't know where Lake Mills, IL is, but I'm right next door to IL- I'm going to write this judge. I'm so pissed about this!!

A little O/T here. You know, every time I see that "parenting class" thing, I get upset. My stepson's mother lost custody (to us) and we were raising the child. She is THE sickest person I know- mentally, physically, every which way, she's a very sick person- therefore, she's also a really world class bad mother. It was the judge's idea that she get some parenting classes. Then maybe she could have visitation every other weekend. I thought the judge was joking. I really did. Parenting classes for monsters like this is the equivalent of putting a band aid on a big huge bleeding gaping wound. It doesn't help a thing.

Ok.. sorry, I'm on a rant. Who is protecting these children that have no choice but to live with a monster? Their father killed their cousin (as I understand it)... can you imagine how afraid those poor kids are now? Ugh.. turns my stomach.
This town is about 5 miles from me. It is actually a "boom" town built on rolling farm countryside. It caters to young families who want to buy "nice" starter homes. All pre-fab construction. All about 10 years old or less. The county it is in, McHenry County, is pretty much a "rural" county. Actually, I have a friend who is a court stenographer there. Maybe I can get some details.

This doesn't surprise me. They need to get their heads out of their asses and come into the 21st century. I'd say write as much as you can to all of the people you can. That's the only way any change will take place. They have old boy politics too.

:slap:

cathieq said:
Palomo's wife is expected to deliver the couple's fourth child in July...tests and Chmiel's ruling showed that Palomo was not a dangerous man and that the state's case was weak against his client...Palomo's family, including the victim's parents, continue to support him...
http://www.nwherald.com/MainSection/other/294420163672294.php

This is not what several of the neighborhood parents are saying...but hey I guess I should take gossip for what it is...you never know.

Prosecutors have not said if they will seek the death penalty against him.

Is this a joke? The judge allowed this man to go home to live with his children and The Prosecutors could possibly be seeking the DP. What is wrong with this picture?:banghead:

I think he should be REQUIRED to babysit the judge's kids. See how relaxing the judge's night out is.

I like the way you think...except it would put children in danger. I don't think this man should be anywhere near children.

gidget641 said:
What is the MOTHER of his children thinking!?? How can she let this man move back into the home with her children? I am sorry but I don't think that 5 months of classes (probably less than that)can possible cure someone like him. If he should lose it and something happens to one of those kids the mother and the judge should be held just as accountable as this creep!

AND...

I am from the area and if what I am hearing during playground gossip is correct, this man lives on the SAME street as the parents of the child he killed. How can this judge just ignore their feelings and say "okay go on home now"

In the post right above yours it says that the parents of the baby he killed SUPPORT HIM!!!!!!! From what I gather in that post the whole family believes he is innocent because there wasn't much evidence. Sometimes I just shake my head when I read things like this.

2012:

A Lake in the Hills man was sentenced to two years of probation for his role in the 2006 death of his infant nephew....

After an autopsy, officials from the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said the baby died of blunt head trauma and ruled the death a homicide. But defense attorney Darryl Goldberg said the baby had significant previous medical issues and that Palomo had tried to resuscitation the infant.

A plea deal was worked out because doctors had conflicting opinions on the case...

http://m.nwherald.com/2012/05/11/uncle-gets-probation-in-infants-death/ahvodzo/?page=2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back