GUILTY MN - Emily Johnson, 2, dies at day care, Fergus Falls, 16 June 2006

What a sad situation. Sounds like two wonderful families. I hope this was some tragic accident.

Wow, my parents live about 20 miles from Fergus Falls, and I went to school with a Koenig. Unusual name. I'll have to call some people. This is really sad for both families... I'm trying to imagine what might have happened. Trauma to the head... but not enough for the daycare mother to notice before laying her down? Maybe I read too much into it. I will wait for more word.

From February 2011:

http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2011/02/lawmaker-emilys-law-will-not-die-in-2011/

Westrom reintroduced “Emily’s Law” at the House on Thursday. It’s a bill making it’s fifth appearance before the Legis-lature after 2-year-old Emily Johnson was sexually assaulted and killed in 2006 by the 13-year-old son of her daycare operator Deborah Koenig.

Because the boy was 19 days shy of his 14th birthday, his case was handled in juvenile court and he received a penalty that Emily’s parents Lynn and Travis Johnson believe was too lenient.

For five years the Johnsons have traveled to St. Paul working to change the juvenile justice system that today projects some juvenile offenders who commit heinous crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back