Aaron Spelling dies at 83

Cypros

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was checking the CNN.com website for current news and I saw a Breaking News baanner at the top of the page saying that Producer Aaron Spelling has died. I checked again to see if an article had appeared so I could provide a link but nothing yet. They just announced it on the TV as well.

We have Spelling to thank for many many TV favorites since the 1960s:
# "Charmed" (executive producer)
# "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990)
# "Melrose Place" (1992)
# "T.J. Hooker" (1982)
# "Dynasty" (1981)
# "Hart to Hart" (1979)
# "The Love Boat" (1977)
# Fantasy Island (1977)
# "Charlie's Angels"
# "Family" (1976)
# "Starsky and Hutch"
# The Rookies (1972)
# "The Mod Squad" (1968)
# "Daniel Boone" (1964)
and many more...

Aaron Spelling, as in Tory's Dad??
Wow was he that old.....well thanks Mr Spelling for keeping half the civilized world entertained for so many years!!

I was surprised to learn today when reading-up on Aaron Spelling that he and his daughter had been estranged until just a week before his stroke, and that at such time, Tori was still estranged from her mother.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005455/news

Also here:

http://socialitelife.com/2006/03/21/tori_spellings_not_getting_any_candy.php

Candy and Tori have their work cut-out for them...too sad.

Also I hadn't heard of the other legal issues with which Aaron Spelling had been involved of late. Maybe I don't want to know, ack. Had he spoken publicly in recent years or was he perhaps suffering from some dementia?

I believe the lid was put on the seriousness of his recent stroke if not its critical consequences.

For his surviving and extended family, I wish Peace.

shana said:
I was surprised to learn today when reading-up on Aaron Spelling that he and his daughter had been estranged until just a week before his stroke, and that at such time, Tori was still estranged from her mother.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005455/news

Also here:

http://socialitelife.com/2006/03/21/tori_spellings_not_getting_any_candy.php

Candy and Tori have their work cut-out for them...too sad.

Also I hadn't heard of the other legal issues with which Aaron Spelling had been involved of late. Maybe I don't want to know, ack. Had he spoken publicly in recent years or was he perhaps suffering from some dementia?

I believe the lid was put on the seriousness of his recent stroke if not its critical consequences.

For his surviving and extended family, I wish Peace.
and Tori, is nothing to the world but a rich jerk-did u hear how she stayed in toronto even after her dad had the stroke??
I would have gone home but not her..she is annoying and insignificant-money buys fame in her case.

<<she is annoying and insignificant>>

Straight up!
Ouch :p

newtv said:
and Tori, is nothing to the world but a rich jerk-did u hear how she stayed in toronto even after her dad had the stroke??
I would have gone home but not her..she is annoying and insignificant-money buys fame in her case.
Actually, Tori did go home after her father's stroke. She might have made some poor choices in her life, but she is a very nice girl who has always struggled for her mom's approval. The fallout with her mom was a longggggg time coming. It was pretty bad - her mom really put a strain on her relationship with her father, whom she has always been close with.

Masterj said:
Actually, Tori did go home after her father's stroke. She might have made some poor choices in her life, but she is a very nice girl who has always struggled for her mom's approval. The fallout with her mom was a longggggg time coming. It was pretty bad - her mom really put a strain on her relationship with her father, whom she has always been close with.

What's the problem with the mom? Does it have anything to do with Tori's back-to-back marriages in the past few years? That is a shame. I'm so glad Tori made it up with her father before he passed away.

englishleigh said:
What's the problem with the mom? Does it have anything to do with Tori's back-to-back marriages in the past few years? That is a shame. I'm so glad Tori made it up with her father before he passed away.
Apparently, the back-to-back marriages are okay. The linked articles say that Tori's parents were estranged from her after she poked fun at the Ebay room in the parents' home. So what??!! They have mega amounts of money. What is the big deal about poking fun of the Ebay room that the mother has??

As Dr. Phil would say, 'It's really not about the Ebay room. The problem stems from something else...' :rolleyes:

Think just how cooler/better looking Tori would have been if her biological mom had been her dad's first wife Carolyn "Morticia Addams" Jones.

BillyGoatGruff said:
My favorite Spelling show was "Burke's Law", which shows how old I am.

don't remember Burke's Law...i guess the earliest one i remember would have to be The Mod Squad :cool:

BillyGoatGruff said:
Think just how cooler/better looking Tori would have been if her biological mom had been her dad's first wife Carolyn "Morticia Addams" Jones.

no kidding!!!!...i always thought Carolyn Jones was so pretty....poor Tori...all the plastic surgery & all; she looks almost freakish to me..

He sure produced a lot of great TV shows.. :p I'm surprised he died, even though he's 83.. I wasn't aware he was that old.. FYI: I don't care for Tori :snooty:

BillyGoatGruff said:
My favorite Spelling show was "Burke's Law", which shows how old I am.
I LOVED Burke's Law. Gene Barry was a dream. I loved him as Bat Masterson too

PaperDoll said:
He sure produced a lot of great TV shows.. :p I'm surprised he died, even though he's 83.. I wasn't aware he was that old.. FYI: I don't care for Tori :snooty:
I agree PD with everything yousaid. R.I.P Aaron....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan
Back