IN IN - Shannon Sherrill, 6, Thorntown, 5 Oct 1986

Khavna said:
this is going to sound odd, but is it me or does the women somewhat resemble Shannon? :confused:
Whether or not she resembles her doesn't matter -- she wasn't Shannon. She admitted as such, and in any case she's at least ten years older than Shannon would be now.

Serial killer Daniel Penton is being charged in Shannon's murder..

Penton is also a suspect in the abduction of
6-year-old Shannon Marie Sherrill, who was last seen
in Thorntown, Ind., playing hide and seek with friends
on Oct. 5, 1986.

Harper was hired by the Sherrill family to investigate
the abduction of their child after the case by law
enforcement stalled.

Penton is scheduled to be extradited to Indiana later
this month to face charges in the case.

“I believe this guy may be responsible for an enormous
number of missing girls and although I was hired by
the Sherrill family to find their daughter’s killer, I
want every case this monster might have been involved
in solved before he dies,” he said. “I want these
families to have some closure as to what happened to
their children.”

Harper has worked with detectives across the country
including Gary Sweet and the two men have shared a
wealth of information regarding Penton.

Sweet said after interviewing Penton and his cellmates
he knew about the Johnson case and he is now working
with Dickerson and Fitzgerald and the three lawmen are
sharing information.

“It’s my belief that Penton is their guy,” Sweet said.

“I feel pretty certain he is responsible for Ara’s
abduction.

Fitzgerald told the newspaper Thursday he and
Dickerson are planning to look at Sweet’s files to
better prepare themselves for a meeting with the man
labeled a “monster” by Collin County officials.

“Before we go up there to talk to him, we want to make
sure we have all the information available to know how
to question this individual,” he said.

Fitzgerald said a capital murder charge is not out of
the question.

“It is definitely a possibility because she was
abducted out of her house, against her will and if she
was killed then it would be a capital murder case,” he
said.

Sweet summed up his involvement with the Penton cases.

“What case can you work that is more important that a
child abduction and murder?” he said.

“I am a parent and this is a parent’s worst
nightmare.”

Kenneth Dean covers police, fire, public safety
organizations. He can be reached at 903.596.6353.
e-mail:news@tylerpaper. com
_________________________ ________
Posted by:

Mja Inc--Mandy K
Please Visit:

http://www.geocities.com/kaz_t7/Mja_Inc

Mja Inc case Photo's

http://www.myspace.com/mjainc

Mja Inc Investigations
Missing Persons & Unsolved Crimes
"We Speak For The Missing & The Dead

Hello! Bumping for Shannon. She went missing from the area I grew up in and I worked with her brother in high school. Did anything ever come of this lead?

Mike Sherrill hopes the latest tip into Shannon's disappearance will finally bring her home. This one is from 44-year-old Jeff Sunnycalb, an inmate of an Ohio prison who wrote a letter nearly seven months ago to Thorntown's town marshal. Marshal Jeff Woodard says, "The only contact we got from this guy was a letter in December. He just asked this department a question. That's all he was doing." But the question had to do with Shannon Sherrill. Sunnycalb, a convicted child rapist and prison informer helped Texas police solve a series of child murders based on information he turned over that led to the arrest of his former cellmate.

I have a friend who is convinced her cousin took shannon. what she said was this guy (not sure if i should use his name) he lived in the Thorntown area at the time and has molested his family members and convicted of other crimes. was seen looking i guess frazzled the day after shannon was missing when asked by family of his were abouts he said something about a quarry in New Castle In. she seemed convinced and said this guy was a dirt bag but wouldn't call it in. she told me some bad stories about this guy but it has been 10 years since we talked about it.

I have a friend who is convinced her cousin took shannon. what she said was this guy (not sure if i should use his name) he lived in the Thorntown area at the time and has molested his family members and convicted of other crimes. was seen looking i guess frazzled the day after shannon was missing when asked by family of his were abouts he said something about a quarry in New Castle In. she seemed convinced and said this guy was a dirt bag but wouldn't call it in. she told me some bad stories about this guy but it has been 10 years since we talked about it.

If your friend will not report this tip, I encourage you to do so. Please. It is never too late.

I agree. Please call the Thorntown police with this tip. Their number is 1-765-436-7677. As a concerned citizen, you do have the responsibility to do this.

i wrote some stuff down after she told me this. i want to see if i can dig that up because I wrote back then so it probably has more detail. I know you are right but I didn't think they would want to hear hearsay of speculation.

I think they would. Please call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back