MD - Ja'Niya Williams, 4, raped & murdered, Baltimore, 23 June 2006

michelle

Joy comes in the Morning
Reaction score
A 4-year-old girl who police said suffered a severe brain injury when she was brutally beaten and raped in a Northeast Baltimore apartment Wednesday died yesterday at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Janiya Williams died the same day that her 15-year-old cousin -- arrested in the attack -- was ordered held without bail by a District Court judge during a brief hearing at the Central Booking and Intake Center.

Ronald Hinton, who police said was baby-sitting Janiya and her brother, has been charged with first-degree rape, assault and child abuse.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2006-06-24/news/0606240083_1_hinton-cousin-4-year-old-girl

This poor little girl, how she suffered! Her brother was in the home also and no telling how he was abused. IMO this 15 year old had done things leading up to this. I hope he's never allowed to get his hands on other victims.

Old Broad

Old Broad said:
This poor little girl, how she suffered! Her brother was in the home also and no telling how he was abused. IMO this 15 year old had done things leading up to this. I hope he's never allowed to get his hands on other victims.

Old Broad
My hubby is the one who told me about this case I was so sad! I cant believe how cruel and sick kids are today. That poor liitle baby girl..:(

His comment was that "it was dumb".....Incredible cruelty to the little girl and he says it was dumb. Too much!!!

This is exactly why there why never be any boys babysitting my kids. Nor will my son ever babysit. Not that I think he would do anything, but if anything is going on in the home prior to him sitting I would not want him blamed.

gardenmom said:
This is exactly why there why never be any boys babysitting my kids. Nor will my son ever babysit. Not that I think he would do anything, but if anything is going on in the home prior to him sitting I would not want him blamed.
That is exactly how I feel as well...

I could not believe the great-grandmother said, "There's something wrong with him but he doesn't belong in jail. His parents are going through something too." I had to watch the video twice because I couldn't believe my ears. Doesn't belong in jail???? WTH????? :mad:

He deserved NOTHING less than death in my opinion! I cannot tolerate acts on children, it just goes right through me!!!! :furious:

There is something so desperately wrong in this world...I use to say "you can't trust anybody anymore"...Actually, you'd better not trust anybody. Life has so little value nowadays. I don't know if it's because of TV and video games - where a life is expendable - or if it's because people with no values are having children....

I don't just call this an assault and murder case - it was torture for this small child. Nobody should have to endure something such as this. I am so extremely angry...

cathieq said:
There is something so desperately wrong in this world...I use to say "you can't trust anybody anymore"...Actually, you'd better not trust anybody. Life has so little value nowadays. I don't know if it's because of TV and video games - where a life is expendable - or if it's because people with no values are having children....

I don't just call this an assault and murder case - it was torture for this small child. Nobody should have to endure something such as this. I am so extremely angry...
I know Its digusting that people have no regard for human life, its such a gift and to treat it as though its not your only time around is just plain sick! I worry so much for my child and all the kids of today!!

southerngirl said:
I could not believe the great-grandmother said, "There's something wrong with him but he doesn't belong in jail. His parents are going through something too." I had to watch the video twice because I couldn't believe my ears. Doesn't belong in jail???? WTH????? :mad:

I couldn't believe it when I heard it either. How can she sympathize with anyone who could do this to her great granddaughter???

I think its worth asking what abuse this 15 year old suffered.

I am not exusing what he did AT ALL.
But if Serious abuse was a part of his upbringing then its not a stretch to imagine that he is emotionally stunted.
I just wonder when not that long ago he was a young child himself what took place?

Good question Amra. Something made him that way.

Oh dear God that poor baby what she must have suffered, What is with the Great Grand Mother? That is just not a normal reaction, how on earth do you sympathize with someone who has just brutalized and killed your 4 yr old great grand baby?:confused:

This story, like so dang many others, is unbelievably tragic. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain....

Here's what I wonder... This 15 year old monster has to have had some brushes with people or the law before this. You don't become a 15 year old rapist and murderer all at once. He's either the victim of abuse, or a natural born sociopath. Either way, someone must have noticed he 'wasn't quite right'....

Since he's a juvenile, I wonder if we'll ever have the answers to those questions. I don't believe they allow a previous juvenile record to be released. I'm actually quite suprised they released his name.

TisHerself said:
Oh dear God that poor baby what she must have suffered, What is with the Great Grand Mother? That is just not a normal reaction, how on earth do you sympathize with someone who has just brutalized and killed your 4 yr old great grand baby?:confused:
Because the rapist is ALSO her great grandbaby - the perp was the little girl's cousin. And to make it worse, the rest of the family is standing behind him too.http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-md.rape24jun24,0,2787143.story?track=rss

John Bryant, Hinton's cousin, said the family stands behind the suspect and does not believe he abused Janiya. He said a fan had fallen on the young girl the day before, causing the scratches and bruises cited by police. He said Hinton was baby-sitting Janiya and her brother for two or three days, but another adult relative had been in and out of the house several times Wednesday. "The whole thing is very confusing at this point," he said.

His father apparently died when he was young.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-rape0623,0,833494.story?track=rss
The Sun reported on the mysterious death of Sean Hinton in 1997. The Baltimore Afro-American also did a story on the family. That confirmed that Ronald was Sean Hinton's son and was a year old when his father died, just as the father was about to complete his training for the Baltimore police.

He disappeared on Oct. 24, 1992. His body was found in the East River near Battery Park in New York 10 days later, but police did not know why he had traveled there.

A New York medical examiner ruled the death a suicide, but his family contested the ruling for several years.

The great grandmother refuted the claim that the rapist was the little girl's cousin. She said he's not a part of the family, not related at all. It's possible that the great grandmother just didn't know him, maybe it's a large family. :confused:

mssheila said:
The great grandmother refuted the claim that the rapist was the little girl's cousin. She said he's not a part of the family, not related at all. It's possible that the great grandmother just didn't know him, maybe it's a large family. :confused:
Yes she said she didnt even know him. That he was NOT family...

mssheila said:

I was wondering when someone would catch that aspect.The great grandmother is just as much of the abuse as what happened to this child. She has disregarded the child and denied the suspect. All for the further gain of attention. Sorry, they will be asking for donations shortly.

Yes, I am getting hard core but it happens so much.

I just listened to it again. The reporter says:
"Court documents state the 4 year olds babysitter Ronald Hinton is behind the crime.... they state that he was her cousin"

But, in the same video, great grandma says:

"I don't know him at all. He is not related to us at all." She also says "Something is wrong somewhere, look like somebody should have seen something but, um... my thinking of him is that, you know, I don't think he should be in jail I feel sorry for him and his parents they're going through something too".

From her own words, "I feel sorry for him and his parents".... that sounds like she's at least familiar with the kid and his family. If she does know who they are, it would seem like, even if it was a huge family, she'd at least know if they were related.

ETA: Just thinking about this, even if they are cousins...

If this were my 4 year old great granddaughter, brutally raped, viciously bitten by the boy's teeth, mercilessly chased around the house, beaten with a belt, and then murdered at the hands of my 15 year old great grandson, you wouldn't hear me saying I don't think he belongs in jail and that I feel sorry for him. WTH is that? That's just odd. What's more astounding is that it would seem that they are not related at all, and this is just some kid that was supposed to be babysitting her great grandbaby. WHY would she feel ANY sympathy for him?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back