LA LA - DERRICK TODD LEE - Baton Rouge SK, 1992-2003

Randi Jane Mebruer
Missing since April 18, 1998 from Zachary, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 18, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 115 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Her ears are pierced.
Marks, Scars: She has a small heart tattooed on one of her breasts.
Other: Her maiden name is Cieslewicz.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mebruer was last seen at the local video store near her home in Zachary, Louisiana on April 18, 1998.

She and her young son returned to their residence on Saul Avenue at approximately 7:00 PM. Mebruer has never been seen again. Her son walked to a neighbor's home the following morning and said that his mother was missing.

Inside the house, there was blood and signs of a struggle. Investigators believe that Mebruer was assaulted inside her residence and her body was taken elsewhere.

In February 2004 Louisiana police booked serial-killer suspect Derrick Todd Lee with first-degree murder in the abduction of Randi Mebruer. DNA found at the scene was later confirmed to be that of Derrick Todd Lee.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Zachary Police Department 225-654-9393

Agency Case Number: 98-042403
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Crime Library
New Orleans Magazine 1/6/05
North American Missing Persons Network
The Doe Network: Case File 1714DFLA

Bumping this case up. This month marks the 10 year anniversary of the disappearance of Randi Jane Mebruer.

:bump: for Randi, missing 15 years this month. :(

Snipped:

There was a break in Mebruer's case in February 2004, when DNA testing linked suspected serial killer Derrick Todd Lee to her presumed murder.

and

Mebruer has never been located. Police continue to search for her remains.

mhz0Dq6.jpg

Randi Jane Mebruer

Final state appeals for convicted serial killer Derrick Todd Lee were rejected Friday, case now moves to federal courts
Joe Gyan jr.| jgyan@theadvocate.com
Sept. 18, 2015; 6:14 p.m.

Louisiana’s highest court put an end Friday to condemned serial killer Derrick Todd Lee’s state court appeals, more than a decade after he was convicted and sentenced to death in the brutal 2002 slaying of 22-year-old LSU graduate student Charlotte Murray Pace in her Baton Rouge home.

The state Supreme Court said it found no error in state District Judge Richard Anderson’s August 2014 ruling that rejected Lee’s request for a new trial.

The high court also stated it found “no basis” for sending the case back to Anderson for an evidentiary hearing and “no grounds” for throwing out his first-degree murder conviction and death sentence.

“That’s awesome. That’s wonderful news. I’m so stunned,” Pace’s mother, Ann Pace, said when told of the action taken by the Louisiana Supreme Court. “It’s been 11 years (since the 2004 trial). I had almost given up hope that it would finish this second part.”
Lee’s attorney, Capital Post-Conviction Project of Louisiana director Gary Clements, said he will now take Lee’s case to U.S. District Court in Baton Rouge for the federal post-conviction relief stage — a stage that can take years.

more at the link

Serial killer closer to execution in woman's death
Jimmie E. Gates, The Clarion-Ledger 8:23 p.m. CDT September 22, 2015

Louisiana serial killer Derrick Todd Lee is one step closer to being executed for the 2002 killing of 22-year-old Jackson native Charlotte Murray Pace.

[...]
“ It has been 11 years since this serial murderer was convicted and sentenced to death in the vicious, violent murder of my daughter, Jackson native and Millsaps graduate Murray Pace,” Ann Pace said. “It has taken 11 long, often frustrating, often heartbreaking years for surviving family and friends of this killer’s numerous victims to complete only the first two of three levels of adjudication. We now face the third (federal) level of appeals that will begin in the federal district court in Baton Rouge and end on an unknown timeline at the US Supreme Court (again).”

more at the link

Derrick Todd Lee in fourth day of medical treatment outside the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola

"Derrick Todd Lee, the 47-year-old St. Francisville man convicted in the murders of two women and suspected in the deaths of five other women, was in his fourth day of treatment outside the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola on Tuesday for unspecified medical reasons.

Lee’s attorney, Gary Clements...“He’s a human being. He has a family. We’re gonna take care of it. Just let the man get his medical treatment,” Clements said.
lements said privacy laws like the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act prevent him from talking about Lee’s ailment. “These (laws) don’t disappear when you get on death row,” Clements said.

Department of Public Safety and Corrections spokeswoman Pam Laborde said Lee had been transported Saturday somewhere beyond the boundaries of Angola prison, where Lee is on death row for the 2002 slaying of Charlotte Murray Pace, 22, and is serving a life sentence in the 2002 murder of Geralyn Barr DeSoto, 21. He’s suspected of killing five other women but was not tried in those cases..."

http://theadvocate.com/news/1462049...side-the-louisiana-state-penitentiary-at-ango

Back when this was all going on I had heard they knew the serial killer had sickle cell anemia. This is obviously hearsay and I obviously can't back it up.

Back when this was all going on I had heard they knew the serial killer had sickle cell anemia. This is obviously hearsay and I obviously can't back it up.
I'm pretty sure you are right. I recall this as well that is how they were able to shift from looking for a white guy to a black one. (One of the witnesses said they saw a white man in a white truck).

I'm pretty sure you are right. I recall this as well that is how they were able to shift from looking for a white guy to a black one. (One of the witnesses said they saw a white man in a white truck).

They confused White with a Creole of color, African American. Back when some of the first posters were up in Breaux Bridge, everyone kept saying 'Dude's Creole, man.'

I didn't want to get anyone in trouble but I had heard from someone who had heard from someone who had worked at the state crime lab that blood analysis showed sickle cell anemia.

I Speculate it may have been from Pace's case, IIRC she fought hard for her life and she injured him and drew blood....

One less evil monsters in the world. Glad to see him go. He had no remorse and taunted everyone during the murders.

I continue to keep the victims and their families in my thoughts and prayers. O/T: Geaux Girl...I'm from south Louisiana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back