CO - Mauricio DeHaro, 32, dead, 5 hurt in warehouse shooting, 25 June 2006

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A gunman opened fire Sunday afternoon at a Safeway Inc. distribution center, killing one person and injuring five others, including a police officer, before the shooter was killed.

Several fires were burning inside the estimated 1.3 million-square-foot building near Interstate 70, said Denver Fire Chief Larry Trujillo.

Safeway worker Jesus Lopez told KMGH-TV he was about 20 feet away from the gunman. "He was just shooting and lighting fires. He wanted to turn the building on fire," Lopez said. "I just ran. Everybody just ran out."

About 60 people who evacuated the building were waiting in two buses to hear whether they could re-enter the building, Regional Transportation District spokesman Scott Reed said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060626/ap_on_re_us/safeway_shooting&printer=1

Holy Cow! :eek: :eek:

Have you ever worked at a place where there were a lot of disgruntled people? I have. My last job was like that.. the Relay job. People walked around really P*SSed off all the time, due to all the fraud we had to deal with (see my siggy). I've never been nervous about this kind of thing until I worked there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back