Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

Wish we had more info on this case. Her sister must have been keeping her daughter for a week for some reason as evidentally Patti wasn't supposed to pick her daughter up until July 8th......but Patti was last seen on June 29th.

Was Patti married....divorced...have a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend? Is her vehicle missing? Could LE tell if she had been home after work? Was there signs of a struggle in her home? Was her purse...cell phone or anything missing or left at home? Did she mention any plans for the evening to her co-workers?

If she didn't show up at work for her next shift didn't they have an emergency number to call? Heck, if someone grabbed her somewhere they had a whole 8 days to do whatever and disappear with no one being the wiser. If Patti was always at work on time and didn't miss days without calling in I can't understand why they didn't realize something was amiss. Didn't anyone go over to her home to check....co-worker...friend? Did she usually call her daughter when she was away from home for a week at a time?
Seems like someone should have gotten worried about her.

Yes, Patti's sister was keeping her daughter because she was going on a week long vacation with a male coworker. When she did not return as planned we knew something was wrong and tried to contact the coworker. The coworker told us he had no idea what we were talking about so the police was called. We believe he is involved but..... In our hearts we know she is gone, she would never have left her daughter. The reason her sister waited so long to contact the police is because Patti had told her of her plans.

looking for patti ... did she actually go on this trip with the coworker or did she disappear before leaving with him? Where did they plan to go? Were she and this coworker romanticly involved or just friends? And, what about the father of her little girl - were they still in touch? Was it a "bad" relationship? Sorry to ask all these questions, but ...

Such a pretty lady and a sweet little girl left behind.

Apparently the co-worker, when questioned by LE, denied that they were ever to go on vacation together---odd. Why would she make up going on vacation and go to the trouble of getting a sitter etc. for a whole week? I think the co-worker looks like a good suspect but there could be many possibilities.

She is a very pretty young woman and her poor daughter :(

IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS TODAY!!!!

Patti had been divorced for a few years prior to 6/29/2001... Patti and her ex remained friends and shared custody of their daughter. Patti had planned on going on a camping/fishing trip with the co-worker. At the time everything seemed to be on the up and up. Of course since then we have found many things to be out of the ordinary....many we cannot discuss.

I'm not quite sure how I ended up here??? Sometimes I think that the person or persons involved may check different websites checking to make sure they were able to get away with this unspeakable crime. Who knows stranger things have happened. Am I the only person crazy enough to think like this?

Five years! How awful to not know where a loved one is or what happened to her for that long. I truly don't know how a family copes with that kind of loss. I hope and pray something new breaks in the case and you find out what happened to your loved one.

LOOKING FOR PATTI said:
I'm not quite sure how I ended up here??? Sometimes I think that the person or persons involved may check different websites checking to make sure they were able to get away with this unspeakable crime. Who knows stranger things have happened. Am I the only person crazy enough to think like this?
Well, if you're crazy then most of us are too. I think anyone devient enough to kill another human being would definately check around to see if they were getting away with it. Actually, police often mention that perps will try to involve themselves into the police investigations to see if LE is on to them or where the case is going.

But I wouldn't let that keep you from telling Patti's story. Thank goodness this is America and we have (mostly) freedom of speech.

bykerladi said:
Well, if you're crazy then most of us are too. I think anyone devient enough to kill another human being would definately check around to see if they were getting away with it. Actually, police often mention that perps will try to involve themselves into the police investigations to see if LE is on to them or where the case is going.

But I wouldn't let that keep you from telling Patti's story. Thank goodness this is America and we have (mostly) freedom of speech.

One good thing here is that we don't use our real names or where we live unless we mention the state. If some creep did come snooping around he wouldn't really learn much as we just throw around theorys and ask questions.
He would probably think we were just a bunch of people with nothing better to do :D

LOOKING FOR PATTI said:
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS TODAY!!!!

Patti had been divorced for a few years prior to 6/29/2001... Patti and her ex remained friends and shared custody of their daughter. Patti had planned on going on a camping/fishing trip with the co-worker. At the time everything seemed to be on the up and up. Of course since then we have found many things to be out of the ordinary....many we cannot discuss.

Did Patti tell her sister where they were going to go camping and fishing? If so, was it at a place where other people would have also been camping or was it somewhere in the wilderness?

Do you think that maybe there was a change of plans and she didn't end up going with her co-worker? Is he still working at the same place? Just wondering if he stuck around or disappeared? Had she been dating anyone that she might have gone somewhere else with instead of the co-worker? Did she have any camping equipment or fishing equipment that she would have taken with her that was missing from her home?

Before I start I just want to say.... Looking back there were plenty of signs that something wasn't right but at the time we didn't see it, Patti just seemed so happy.

No, we do not know exactly where she was going, all we knew was it was a place the coworker went on fishing trips and it was very remote. Trust me I know what everyone is thinking... Why in the world didn't we question this.

The guy no longer works at Honda he left about a year later. He still lives in the same house with his family. Yes, he is married. At the time of Patti's disappearance she was told his divorce would be final the next month. This was not an affair she truly believed he had been seperated for sometime and was just waiting for his divorce to be final. There is so much more that I wish I could share....

As for anything missing from her home.... No, she just packed clothes. If there had been a change in plans she would have told us. We have been asked time and time again "do you think she may have run away?" The answer is NO!!! Patti had a daughter that she loved with all her heart, a wonderful family, lots of friends, a house and a great job.

I truly believe her case would be solved if the police had more experience but like I said before Marysville, Ohio is a very small town. Our only hope now is that the FBI comes through.

LOOKING FOR PATTI said:
I would like some input on using Psychics? Has anyone used them if so, what happened?

Psychics if they are honest.. will tell you that they can't see names on street signs....like names of roads...names of cities...anything like that that would give a person an idea where someone might be. Signs. They can't even see license plate numbers. They say things like...a body of water...or a house...stuff like that that does no good.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with talking to them if you have the mind set not to hope for anything and take anything that they say worth a grain of salt. I would not pay one. Slyvia Brown, who is supposed to be so great charges $400 for her GIFT!! Gifts are to be given away in my book. She has never solved a mystery as far as I know.

When my daughter's killer was on the run my oldest daughter found out about a psychic...she called her self something else but its all the same to me. Anyway, my daughter contacted this lady and made a phone appt with her. This was say in March or April of 2002. When my daughter talked to the lady the lady told her not to give her any information. She could say a name but that was it. So my daughter said "Shelley." The lady said that she could see Shelley through the windshield of a car. That she had been murdered by her ex-husband. My daughter said "Mike." She said that he is on the run and was currently in Mexico. She said that she had never seen a person in handcuffs that didn't end up getting caught and she saw him in handcuffs. She said that he would be caught in Oct or Nov she wasn't sure.

I kind of just blew it off and didn't get my hopes up even though the lady knew the whole story. It had also been all over the new when it happened and his vehicle had been found a couple towns away from this lady. But it had been 7 yrs previously that the murder had taken place so I doubted that the lady would have remembered and she didn't have any last names. I said "well that sure would be nice if he was caught then. I had always believed that he was in Mexico because his mama lived in Texas...lots of money..and I knew he wouldn't be that far away from his B--ch of a mother.

October came around and nothing happened. I would think of it once in awhile. My co-workers knew and they would talk to me about it. One Novemeber 16th I got a call from our lead detective and he wanted to come over. I thought he just wanted to get together to see if we could figure out something new to do to try and catch this killer. He came over and came in and sat down. When he told me that Mike was sitting in the jail in the next town over you could have knocked me over! Such a relief just knowing he wasn't out there living his life like nothing ever happened.

As it happened this lady was right on. She told my daughter that she doesn't do murder cases anymore because it just takes to much out of her. I guess maybe she did ours because we knew who the killer was. We just wanted to see if she could tell us where he was. She could only tell us Mexico.

She also told my daughter a bunch of crap about Shelley and what she was doing, etc. I didn't want to hear about that. There isn't any proof that she knows what Shelley was doing. She did say that Shelley was with Brian that she grew up with. She talked about how he died and it was Brian that had gotten murdered on the day his baby boy was born. My kids grew up with him. She also said that she was with another Brian who had died in a car accident...he hit the back of a semi. She said this Brian was quite the joker and she mentioned something that he had said about the accident. This was the brother of my oldest daughter's boyfriend. The crack he had made was one my daughter had heard him say before about accidents. It was weird but believable. That is my history with psychics. I don't plan to ever talk to one but you know when you have someone missing or on the run you get desperate to find out something. You hope a psychic can give you some kind of info. My daughter paid $80 to talk to that lady. Not me. I don't have that kind of money and I wouldn't pay one anyway. When you have a loved one missing you need the name of a city...street signs...something that can lead you somewhere. They can't see those things so they are basically useless.

I guess LE do use them at times but I don't know that they solve cases. Like I said...I don't see anything wrong as long as they don't charge a cent and you don't get your hopes centered on anything they say. Just keep a we'll see attitude and if you do find out something that is great but just don't count on it. That is my opinion anyway.

I wonder if the family ever contacted this lady? There is another lady that I've heard good things about named Noreen Riemer or something like that.

Last I heard, the FBI was finally getting involved. I think that was this year after LE found a body up in Marion and thought it might be Patti's - it actually was not though but I think they are finally involved. I can only hope she is found soon and whoever did this to her. If anyone has some updates on this case, please post them!

This thread just happened to catch my attention today. Such a sad case. Poor Patti and her family. I hope something has been found out.

America's Most Wanted: Patricia Ann Adkins

Patricia "Patti" Adkins' young daughter has not seen her mother since she was 7 years old. Patti was last seen leaving her job at the Honda of America plant in Marysville, Ohio on June 29, 2001.

Patti told friends she was planning to go on vacation, but the night she supposedly left was the last time anyone heard from her. Shortly before her disappearance, she left her daughter with relatives but never returned to pick her up.

On July 8, 2001, Patti's sister, Marcia, reported her missing. Ever since, authorities say there has been no activity on any of Patti’s financial accounts and none of her family or friends have heard from her....More...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back