CA - UC-Santa Cruz chancellor commits suicide

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/25/ca.chancellors.death.ap/index.html

Shocked community leaders wondered Sunday whether the pressure of the job prompted the apparent suicide of the University of California, Santa Cruz chancellor.

Denton apparently jumped from a 43-story luxury apartment building in downtown San Francisco, police and university officials said. Her longtime partner, Gretchen Kalonji, has an apartment in the building, according to property records.

Ok, her partner Gretchen? And look at the picture of this person, I think it's a man...anyone? A think a lot more was going on.

vert.chancellor.ap.jpg

I don't think it's really necessary to point out the obvious here. Or to disparage the deceased.

I thought it was a man, too. It could be that she is a transgender. I know it was mentioned in the article I read that she supports gay, lesbian and transgender groups.

I became interested in this story today esepcially after seeing what happen to Gwen Araujo in October 2002 and a recent movie made about her on Lifetime.
http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/gwen/

I didn't interpret Christine's post to mean anything negative.
I think it's a topic worth discussion, and a real tragedy.

Why did the chancellor apparently kill herself, and what led up to it?

PrayersForMaura said:
I didn't interpret Christine's post to mean anything negative.
I think it's a topic worth discussion, and a real tragedy.

Why did the chancellor apparently kill herself, and what led up to it?
Thank you prayersformaura...no meaness or negativity meant at all. I think this related, some of these people that have sex changes, or want/need to really have a tough time of it...maybe that is why the suicide? I personally am not gay, but I love everyone, and I think it is sad the treatment that gays and transgenders get.

I am sad for this person that they felt the only answer was suicide....what couldn't they 'work through'? What is so bad that people end their LIFE? Very sad to be that unhappy or hurt or scared..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back