REPORT: All Children under 12 to be tagged in Belgium...

What a wonderful idea!!

In the US you can purchase such a system for your child (typically marketted to those who care for elderly who may wander)

The one I read about was a non removable bracelet.
IMO the US could impliment a similair system offered on a sliding scale fee as often medicare (or is it medicaid??) is offered. That is to say those of lower income recieve some assistance paying for the item.
IMO the money saved by LE agencies locating missing children would in and of itself cover the cost involved.

Maybe we could just implant them with a little Lo-jack microchip. Then when they go missing cops could trace their signal like a stolen car!!

I wish there was a way we could implement a GPS device inside all of our children. They have some system for animals that, if lost, they could have a tag under their skin to tell any vet/humane society who they belong to. That wouldn't help locate it, but what if we could do something like that for our kids, but with GPS.

What's this about a non-removable bracelet? And what makes it 'non removable'? I would think that the first thing a kidnapper would do is remove it.

TheShadow said:
Maybe we could just implant them with a little Lo-jack microchip. Then when they go missing cops could trace their signal like a stolen car!!
LOL! Yeah, what Shadow said.... oh wait- I said it too. :blushing: What is a lo-jack?

I am so against implanting any device into children. Can you imagine every Amercan having a device implanted in them at birth so that every move through out ones life could be tracked and monitered. The thought is so Orwellian it scares the bejeezus out of me.

I agree, there are many aspects that I haven't considered. I haven't thought it out completely, but I do wish there was a way that we could keep a GPS on our children... imagine how much easier LE would have it if they could find missing/endangered children just by the click of a mouse. How many lives would that save?

Considering Belgiums history, cover up, conspiracy, inept police and investigations in regards to Child *advertiser censored*, abuse and death, this is a VERY good idea for that country as it is "Child *advertiser censored*" heaven.

I don't recall how the bracelt ws no removable..

I am sure it could be removed with some tool or maybe a key?
IMO children seen with such an item would not be the easy target that predators usually seek.

In my own case this isn't so much about child predators as it is about any missing child. Like in my case a non comunacative one, who may or may not wander off.

tybee204 said:
I am so against implanting any device into children. Can you imagine every Amercan having a device implanted in them at birth so that every move through out ones life could be tracked and monitered. The thought is so Orwellian it scares the bejeezus out of me.
I am so with you on this. I just can't even go there.

In a way if there is a way to track my child in the event they are lost or missing..but I see a couple of aspects to this..

one is that my child has a right to privacy especially as they grow older and part of growing up is earning trust..if we constantly can monitor every thing our children do it negates the trust in the relationship.

Secondly why are our children the ones being tracked .. they are not the problem and should not be paying the price by being chipped..

Thirdly, I think its been mentioned before that if predators know that the child is likely to have been chipped that will not necessarily prevent the abduction or molestation it simply puts the child at a higher risk of danger of murder and the entire ordeal would just take place at a faster pace.

Also as we know these predators work at this like a job .. we are kidding ourselves to think that they are not going to find ways around these chips.. as horrible as that is to say.. they are likely to remove the chips, and find ways to negate the signals or alter them in some way.. also there could be a possiblity of this chipping working in the opposite way.. these predators could use this to locate children they are intending to prey upon .. to find them in isolated moments or conveniently turn up at the places the child visits thus building the relationship and suing it as a tool to create the opportunities needed to take advantage of these children.. remember most molestations are not by strangers but by those that are already familiar to these children.

At first I too thought this is a great idea.. but I am worried about some of these aspects as well as the orwellian factor here.. I am not ready to be chipped myself either..not ready to be tracked at any given time..

Sorry for such a long post .. wasn't intended to be ...

Well, in the case of the non-removeable bracelets I would think when abductor noticed the bracelet it would up their anger level and I would think they would try either cutting off the bracelet by or just cutting off the child's hand.

Lo-jack is a GPS transponder that has a unique signal. When your lo-jack equipped car is stolen, you call the cops and tell them and they send out a signal and the car responds from wherever it is and it can instantly be tracked down. Most stolen cars with lo-jack are found within a couple hours and the thief is still driving and totally unaware that he was traced. It is hidden somewhere under the car or in the engine compartment.

Well if all children under 12 were tagged, the "creeps" know if they "take" a child, that child could be easily tracked.

So if a parent "noticed" that her child was missing, she could immediately phone the Police and say my child is missing, give the information, and they will know the location of the child, trace the location and hopefully "rescue" the child before any "serious" harm comes to them.

Belgium has such a 'black" eye when it comes to child *advertiser censored* and abuse investigation and the "cover up" of such cases........

Well if all children under 12 were tagged, the "creeps" know if they "take" a child, that child could be easily tracked.

So if a parent "noticed" that her child was missing, she could immediately phone the Police and say my child is missing, give the information, and they will know the location of the child, trace the location and hopefully "rescue" the child before any "serious" harm comes to them.

Belgium has such a 'black" eye when it comes to child *advertiser censored* and abuse investigation and the "cover up" of such cases........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back