Transvestite Gang Terrorize New Orleans Retailers

BillyGoatGruff

Reaction score
From the current issue of New Orleans CityBusiness (on stands now) (

Robyn Lewis, owner of Dark Charm fashion and accessories for women, represents the first line of defense for the Magazine Street shop owners. She is the first to see them come strutting in their pumps down St. Andrew Street, the bewigged pack of thieves who have plagued the Lower Garden District since May.

Like an SOS flare, Lewis grabs her emergency phone list and starts calling.

"They’re coming," she warns Eric Ogle a salesman at Vegas, a block down Magazine Street. Ogle, who was terrorized by the brazen crew two months earlier, alerts neighboring Winky’s where manager Kendra Bonga braces for the onslaught.

Soon every shop owner in the 2000 block of Magazine Street has been alerted.

Sarah Celino at Trashy Diva eyes the door, ready to flip the lock at the first sight of the ringleader’s pink jumpsuit and fluorescent red wig.

Down at Turncoats, where the fashion-happy gang once made off with more than $2,000 in merchandise, store manager Wes Davis stands ready.

See link for article:

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/viewStory.cfm?recID=15953

"then saw a blur of cheap wigs and masculine legs in designer shoes streak past her door"

I think I had a nightmare like this once when I had too much to drink in college.

If these peoeple weren't getting ripped off by the drag queens, the story would almost be funny!:razz:

mssheila said:
If these peoeple weren't getting ripped off by the drag queens, the story would almost be funny!:razz:
It's more like it they WEREN'T being ripped off by drag queens it WOULDN'T be funny.

My husband used to work at Radio Shack. One night several men dressed as women came into the store. They started putting merchandise under their skirts and headed for the door. My husband called the police and told them what had happened. This is the comment he got from the police, "Sir, it's not a crime for a man to dress like a woman." :doh: Uh, no, but it is a crime to ram a vcr up your skirt and leave without paying for it, genius. Apparently all that the incredibly bright cop heard was man in a dress. :banghead:

The things dragqueens do after a hurricane of epic proportion....its staggering.

Now I have to add a new item to my list of hurricane preparations...water...cans of tuna...dragqueen repellant.

Toby said:
The things dragqueens do after a hurricane of epic proportion....its staggering.

Now I have to add a new item to my list of hurricane preparations...water...cans of tuna...dragqueen repellant.

Hey, Toby. After the hurricane this time has been bad news all around. Transvestite gangs are really the very least of it, aren't they?

About 3 weeks ago, the body of a young male child was found in some brush. He'd been laying there since Katrina. They don't know who he is, they don't even know his race at this point. Two weeks ago, an elderly man was found under the couch in his home----his family had visited his home time and again, but not until demolition crews were removing the couch were his remains found. It is sorrow after sorrow after sorrow.

I hope the whole world is joining me in praying that Louisiana is spared this hurricane season.

kgeaux said:
Hey, Toby. After the hurricane this time has been bad news all around. Transvestite gangs are really the very least of it, aren't they?

About 3 weeks ago, the body of a young male child was found in some brush. He'd been laying there since Katrina. They don't know who he is, they don't even know his race at this point. Two weeks ago, an elderly man was found under the couch in his home----his family had visited his home time and again, but not until demolition crews were removing the couch were his remains found. It is sorrow after sorrow after sorrow.

I hope the whole world is joining me in praying that Louisiana is spared this hurricane season.
The problem the drag queen gangs (and other gangs) spell for the city is that its chasing off the retailers and other middle class people who have come back and tried to make a go of it again in the city. Basically, the dead have suffered all they're going to suffer, but the living keep taking it on the chin.

Gangs, thieves, and thugs preying on hard working people. Where the heck are the police in that town? Those men in dresses should be put into jail and shipped out to another place if New Orleans can't handle them yet.

txsvicki said:
Gangs, thieves, and thugs preying on hard working people. Where the heck are the police in that town? Those men in dresses should be put into jail and shipped out to another place if New Orleans can't handle them yet.
New Orleans was never able to handle its crime even in the "good old days". I'm afraid we're wittnessing prolonged death throes for the city. It will never be what it once was (in truth, it hadn't been that in several decades) and what chance it had of rebuilding itself into something better dwindles with each passing day, since the citizenry seems unwilling to embrace new ways of thinking, and refuse to hold their local politicans to any kind of standards of competency. At best, New Orleans may end up being a small city of 150K, kept alive as a sort of " living museum piece" (which is kind of what it was already turning into before Katrina) with no true economic base outside tourism.

You know what the really sad thing is....I just know one of the stores is gonna end up getting sued....

Celino said she doesn’t even wait for them to enter the store.
“A couple weeks ago, a group of them was outside and one looked like the guy who came in here and ripped us off so I locked the door on them,” Celino said. “I know maybe that’s rude, if they really were innocent people, but there’s nothing else we can do. You look like the queens who ripped us off so I’m sorry but I have to lock the door.”

I can't fault her for it, I would lock the door to, but I am sure some civil rights lawyer will read this and see $$$ signs. "Oh so what we have here is someone locking a door on a black man....." and he won't bother to care why they locked the door. :(

What are the chances of a transvestite black man reading the paper that other transvestite black men are stealing clothing from his neighborhood area is going to then go shopping in the neighborhood area dressed in drag? Not. Black men are already very aware that they are being looked at with a suspicious eye by law enforcement in that area - there aren't going to be any who would walk right up into that wearing drag just to buy some panties any time soon.

GlitchWizard said:
What are the chances of a transvestite black man reading the paper that other transvestite black men are stealing clothing from his neighborhood area is going to then go shopping in the neighborhood area dressed in drag? Not. Black men are already very aware that they are being looked at with a suspicious eye by law enforcement in that area - there aren't going to be any who would walk right up into that wearing drag just to buy some panties any time soon.
You'd be surprised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back