692 users online (93 members and 599 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Star Jones Reynolds GONE!!!

Just now on "The View" Star announced officially she is leaving. If anyone cares.

Well thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    Well thank God.

LOL We've been hearing the rumblings and at long last we have an answer.

I just got home and turned on The View. They are really promoting Rosie joining the show it seems. Must be why Star is leaving. I hope I won't have to see her face ever again.

Can't Rosie either or Joy for that matter. I really don't watch the show. I have it on mute in my office after GMA is over and until the soaps start.

Meredith was the ONLY one I could stand to listen to, so I haven't watched since she left. Elizabeth and Star are equally annoying to me! I miss Lisa Ling...

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Just now on "The View" Star announced officially she is leaving. If anyone cares.
    Did they give any reason for her leaving? I'd just like to have heard how they couched it.

I never did care for Star and I can't hack the irritating voice of the blond girl, so I just don't watch.

I really can't see Rosie fitting into the group discussion - she's quite overbearing imo.

Rumour has it Gayle King (Oprah's friend) will be taking Star's spot.

no new contract

Did they give any reason for her leaving? I'd just like to have heard how they couched it.
    Just read on the People website that they didn't renew Star's contract for a tenth year. This was just before they hired Rosie.

When Barbara was talking to Star about her leaving Star had a mean look in her eyes. At least it looked like that to me. Cuz you know Babs has a big say about what goes on on that show. She has alot of clout.

Fox reported that Barbara was upset over her endorsements for her wedding and wanted her canned last fall, but then relented to let her work out the remainder of her contract.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    Well thank God.
    LOL...i don't care for her either..

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    When Barbara was talking to Star about her leaving Star had a mean look in her eyes. At least it looked like that to me. Cuz you know Babs has a big say about what goes on on that show. She has alot of clout.
    Well I did hear awhile back that Barbara can't stand Star. So it sounds like the feeling is mutual. I'm sure Rosie was hired to push Star out the door. Geez - what kind of a show would it have been with Rosie, Star and Joy? Might have prompted me to watch again and you to hear! haha

I am told that producers for the show had planned to axe Star last fall after the hoopla around her endorsement-plagued wedding. But chief anchor and co-owner Barbara Walters relented. "She felt sorry for her," says an insider.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201093,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Fox reported that Barbara was upset over her endorsements for her wedding and wanted her canned last fall, but then relented to let her work out the remainder of her contract.
    As Barbara should have been. My goodness - that was so incredibly tacky! She kept name dropping companies in order to receive free goods for her elaborate wedding. Give me a break. If she wanted a huge overly-done wedding, then she should have paid for it herself - she has the money for goodness sake! I can't believe that Barbara and ABC let her get away with that behavior for as long as they did. It was highly unethical IMO and showed Star's true colors loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jilly
    Well I did hear awhile back that Barbara can't stand Star. So it sounds like the feeling is mutual. I'm sure Rosie was hired to push Star out the door. Geez - what kind of a show would it have been with Rosie, Star and Joy? Might have prompted me to watch again and you to hear! haha
    I'm suprised Barbara put up with her for 9 yrs..

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast