Star Jones Reynolds GONE!!!

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just now on "The View" Star announced officially she is leaving. If anyone cares.

I just got home and turned on The View. They are really promoting Rosie joining the show it seems. Must be why Star is leaving. I hope I won't have to see her face ever again.

Can't Rosie either or Joy for that matter. I really don't watch the show. I have it on mute in my office after GMA is over and until the soaps start.

Meredith was the ONLY one I could stand to listen to, so I haven't watched since she left. Elizabeth and Star are equally annoying to me! I miss Lisa Ling... :boohoo:

kato said:
Just now on "The View" Star announced officially she is leaving. If anyone cares.

Did they give any reason for her leaving? I'd just like to have heard how they couched it.

I never did care for Star and I can't hack the irritating voice of the blond girl, so I just don't watch.

I really can't see Rosie fitting into the group discussion - she's quite overbearing imo.

Rumour has it Gayle King (Oprah's friend) will be taking Star's spot.

Did they give any reason for her leaving? I'd just like to have heard how they couched it.

Just read on the People website that they didn't renew Star's contract for a tenth year. This was just before they hired Rosie.

When Barbara was talking to Star about her leaving Star had a mean look in her eyes. At least it looked like that to me. Cuz you know Babs has a big say about what goes on on that show. She has alot of clout.

Fox reported that Barbara was upset over her endorsements for her wedding and wanted her canned last fall, but then relented to let her work out the remainder of her contract.

kato said:
When Barbara was talking to Star about her leaving Star had a mean look in her eyes. At least it looked like that to me. Cuz you know Babs has a big say about what goes on on that show. She has alot of clout.

Well I did hear awhile back that Barbara can't stand Star. So it sounds like the feeling is mutual. I'm sure Rosie was hired to push Star out the door. Geez - what kind of a show would it have been with Rosie, Star and Joy?:eek: Might have prompted me to watch again and you to hear! haha

Jules said:
Fox reported that Barbara was upset over her endorsements for her wedding and wanted her canned last fall, but then relented to let her work out the remainder of her contract.
As Barbara should have been. My goodness - that was so incredibly tacky! She kept name dropping companies in order to receive free goods for her elaborate wedding. Give me a break. If she wanted a huge overly-done wedding, then she should have paid for it herself - she has the money for goodness sake! I can't believe that Barbara and ABC let her get away with that behavior for as long as they did. It was highly unethical IMO and showed Star's true colors loud and clear.

jilly said:
Well I did hear awhile back that Barbara can't stand Star. So it sounds like the feeling is mutual. I'm sure Rosie was hired to push Star out the door. Geez - what kind of a show would it have been with Rosie, Star and Joy?:eek: Might have prompted me to watch again and you to hear! haha

I'm suprised Barbara put up with her for 9 yrs..

Okay, I apologize in advance for my ignorance.. What did Star do? She was dropping names so people would give her free things for her wedding? HOW did she pull that off? Like.... "Oh, I love Vera Wang, I wish she'd send me a dress!":confused:

If that's how it went down, I'd be disgusted too!

Masterj said:
As Barbara should have been. My goodness - that was so incredibly tacky! She kept name dropping companies in order to receive free goods for her elaborate wedding. Give me a break. If she wanted a huge overly-done wedding, then she should have paid for it herself - she has the money for goodness sake! I can't believe that Barbara and ABC let her get away with that behavior for as long as they did. It was highly unethical IMO and showed Star's true colors loud and clear.

I guess that explains why she refused to say that she had gastric bypass surgery - no money in that for her.

I always enjoy your posts, Masterj!:)

mssheila said:
Okay, I apologize in advance for my ignorance.. What did Star do? She was dropping names so people would give her free things for her wedding? HOW did she pull that off? Like.... "Oh, I love Vera Wang, I wish she'd send me a dress!":confused:

If that's how it went down, I'd be disgusted too!
This is one of the nicer articles I've read that describe Star's wedding hoopla:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-11-10-star-jones_x.htm

She got a ton of stuff for free and then name dropped the companies constantly on the View. She really straddled the line with the federal broadcasting regulations. She was certainly entitled to have her dream wedding, although I find it wasteful and showy to have such an extravagant affair, but to try to get it for free???? Now if she got the goods for free and then turned and said rather than gifts, please donate to my favorite charity, I may have been more understanding. But NO! The woman then turned around and registered at Tiffany's, etc. for ridiculous items like a $10,000 serving tray!

Masterj said:
This is one of the nicer articles I've read that describe Star's wedding hoopla:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-11-10-star-jones_x.htm

She got a ton of stuff for free and then name dropped the companies constantly on the View. She really straddled the line with the federal broadcasting regulations. She was certainly entitled to have her dream wedding, although I find it wasteful and showy to have such an extravagant affair, but to try to get it for free???? Now if she got the goods for free and then turned and said rather than gifts, please donate to my favorite charity, I may have been more understanding. But NO! The woman then turned around and registered at Tiffany's, etc. for ridiculous items like a $10,000 serving tray!
In radio we are not allowed to do such things, so I am surprised ABC allowed it. Unless the company paid for it, it doesn't get a free mention. And we certainly cannot personally benefit from name dropping. Unreal.

Wish I would have watched today! I have always thought of Star as socially tacky...always a big talker. Seems to be very insecure to have to talk her wedding and life up to such importance.

Kinda like she is trying to convince everyone how important she is without actually being important to many. Pretty sad...

Anyhow...I like Rosie almost less than Star so I guess I am kinda done with the show!

Lynie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back