639 users online (77 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Teen Girls Rob Man they Met on MySpace

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...B-D86CF9E6B65F

A Jacksonville man says he was duped and robbed by two girls after attempting to meet with a woman he met on the internet.

The victim says he chatted online with a woman, known on her MySpace.com profile as “Natalia”, for two weeks before deciding to meet with her. He says her prfile showed sexy photos, and a blurb which said “just lookin’ for something fun”. That brief, friendly description was all he knew about her before they planned to meet.

"She sent me a message saying she thought she met me somewhere," says the victim.

They decided to meet at what she called her home at the Bentley Green Apartments.

“I went to [the apartment] and knocked on the door, and there was no answer. So I called her and said, ‘I'm here’ and there was no answer."

That is when two girls who were 14 and 15-years-old, approached him saying they knew Natalia, the girl he thought he'd be meeting. They also said they knew where he worked at what car he drove. "This was not the girl that the picture was of on MySpace," the victim said.

The internet can be a scary place.

Well...NOT that I'm condoning crime, so please don't jump on me. But it's sort of nice to see the guy as the victim for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgchick
    Well...NOT that I'm condoning crime, so please don't jump on me. But it's sort of nice to see the guy as the victim for a change.
    Laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by absolut
    http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...B-D86CF9E6B65F

A Jacksonville man says he was duped and robbed by two girls after attempting to meet with a woman he met on the internet.

The victim says he chatted online with a woman, known on her MySpace.com profile as “Natalia”, for two weeks before deciding to meet with her. He says her prfile showed sexy photos, and a blurb which said “just lookin’ for something fun”. That brief, friendly description was all he knew about her before they planned to meet.
    I don't want to sound mean or anything, but he had chatted with her on the internet for only 2 weeks, her profile showed sexy photos and she said she was 'just lookin for some fun' wonder where this guys' brains where the day he went to meet her.............. trousers maybe??
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-30-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: broken quote

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgchick
    That was my terrible first thought too!

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one!

And it's not as if he lost anything but stuff of monetary value - again not that it's a good thing but as lizziedripping said, do you believe he really thought he was going to meet a nice, upstanding young lady?

Poor Guy. Boo Hoo.

He put his actual salary on there? Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TisHerself
    He put his actual salary on there? Way to go.
    Exactly!!! She was thinking of his salary, he was thinking of her .............
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-30-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: broken quote

Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping
    Exactly!!! She was thinking of his salary, he was thinking of her .............
    LOL Yep. True Love

Must say, I'm a bit surprised that the point of this story seems to be lost in gender issues & such.

myspace is a mess. Who posts real stuff there anyway? Kinda like those AOL profiles of the 90s. That said...

What about these two teenage girls who setup this ruse and attempted to rob him with loaded guns?

The oft-running identity theft TV commercial comes to mind, the callous attitude...

You may regard this man as a victim of his own invitation...I'm far more concerned about the adolescents and the crime they committed from start to bad ending.

I must have gotten lost somewhere here, but where did it say that he had posted his salary on Myspace? I didn't read that part. I only heard it on this board. Did yall read that somewhere?

ETA: do we know how old this man is?

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    I must have gotten lost somewhere here, but where did it say that he had posted his salary on Myspace? I didn't read that part. I only heard it on this board. Did yall read that somewhere?

ETA: do we know how old this man is?
    Yes, it's in the link on the first post about the salary, but I can't see his age anywhere.

The so-called Natalia did tell the victim that she was 18, so he was shocked to learn he was actually talking to a 14-year-old. He says he has since removed personal information from his MySpace profile, like his salary and the kind of car that he drives.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-30-2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: broken quote

Quote Originally Posted by shana
    Must say, I'm a bit surprised that the point of this story seems to be lost in gender issues & such.

myspace is a mess. Who posts real stuff there anyway? Kinda like those AOL profiles of the 90s. That said...

What about these two teenage girls who setup this ruse and attempted to rob him with loaded guns?

The oft-running identity theft TV commercial comes to mind, the callous attitude...

You may regard this man as a victim of his own invitation...I'm far more concerned about the adolescents and the crime they committed from start to bad ending.

Any adult with half a brain in this day and age should know better then to believe anything that they are told in chatrooms and especially on MySpace.com. It is my opinion that this man got exactly what he deserved. I'm glad that they didn't shoot him but did he really think he was going to meet some hot mama at her apt?

The teenagers were a little smarter than the adult male was. They put the bait out there and just reeled in that sucker. No, it wasn't right but people set themselves up in chat places to get taken advantage of. I hope he learned something because next time he may not be so lucky. Those teenagers might find themselves in a mess if they keep doing things like that too. They may not be so lucky with the next guy or guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast