FL - Teen Girls Rob Man they Met on MySpace

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=7F710484-5201-42E7-934B-D86CF9E6B65F

A Jacksonville man says he was duped and robbed by two girls after attempting to meet with a woman he met on the internet.

The victim says he chatted online with a woman, known on her MySpace.com profile as “Natalia”, for two weeks before deciding to meet with her. He says her prfile showed sexy photos, and a blurb which said “just lookin’ for something fun”. That brief, friendly description was all he knew about her before they planned to meet.

"She sent me a message saying she thought she met me somewhere," says the victim.

They decided to meet at what she called her home at the Bentley Green Apartments.

“I went to [the apartment] and knocked on the door, and there was no answer. So I called her and said, ‘I'm here’ and there was no answer."

That is when two girls who were 14 and 15-years-old, approached him saying they knew Natalia, the girl he thought he'd be meeting. They also said they knew where he worked at what car he drove. "This was not the girl that the picture was of on MySpace," the victim said.

Well...NOT that I'm condoning crime, so please don't jump on me. But it's sort of nice to see the guy as the victim for a change.

Hbgchick said:
Well...NOT that I'm condoning crime, so please don't jump on me. But it's sort of nice to see the guy as the victim for a change.
Laugh out loud

absolut said:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=7F710484-5201-42E7-934B-D86CF9E6B65F

A Jacksonville man says he was duped and robbed by two girls after attempting to meet with a woman he met on the internet.

The victim says he chatted online with a woman, known on her MySpace.com profile as “Natalia”, for two weeks before deciding to meet with her. He says her prfile showed sexy photos, and a blurb which said “just lookin’ for something fun”. That brief, friendly description was all he knew about her before they planned to meet.
I don't want to sound mean or anything, but he had chatted with her on the internet for only 2 weeks, her profile showed sexy photos and she said she was 'just lookin for some fun' wonder where this guys' brains where the day he went to meet her.............. trousers maybe?? :bang:

Hbgchick said:
That was my terrible first thought too!

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one! :blushing:

And it's not as if he lost anything but stuff of monetary value - again not that it's a good thing but as lizziedripping said, do you believe he really thought he was going to meet a nice, upstanding young lady? :loser:

TisHerself said:
He put his actual salary on there? Way to go.

Exactly!!! She was thinking of his salary, he was thinking of her .............:blushing:

Must say, I'm a bit surprised that the point of this story seems to be lost in gender issues & such.

myspace is a mess. Who posts real stuff there anyway? Kinda like those AOL profiles of the 90s. That said...

What about these two teenage girls who setup this ruse and attempted to rob him with loaded guns?

The oft-running identity theft TV commercial comes to mind, the callous attitude...

You may regard this man as a victim of his own invitation...I'm far more concerned about the adolescents and the crime they committed from start to bad ending.

I must have gotten lost somewhere here, but where did it say that he had posted his salary on Myspace? I didn't read that part. I only heard it on this board. Did yall read that somewhere?

ETA: do we know how old this man is?

mssheila said:
I must have gotten lost somewhere here, but where did it say that he had posted his salary on Myspace? I didn't read that part. I only heard it on this board. Did yall read that somewhere?

ETA: do we know how old this man is?

Yes, it's in the link on the first post about the salary, but I can't see his age anywhere.

The so-called Natalia did tell the victim that she was 18, so he was shocked to learn he was actually talking to a 14-year-old. He says he has since removed personal information from his MySpace profile, like his salary and the kind of car that he drives.

shana said:
Must say, I'm a bit surprised that the point of this story seems to be lost in gender issues & such.

myspace is a mess. Who posts real stuff there anyway? Kinda like those AOL profiles of the 90s. That said...

What about these two teenage girls who setup this ruse and attempted to rob him with loaded guns?

The oft-running identity theft TV commercial comes to mind, the callous attitude...

You may regard this man as a victim of his own invitation...I'm far more concerned about the adolescents and the crime they committed from start to bad ending.

Any adult with half a brain in this day and age should know better then to believe anything that they are told in chatrooms and especially on MySpace.com. It is my opinion that this man got exactly what he deserved. I'm glad that they didn't shoot him but did he really think he was going to meet some hot mama at her apt?

The teenagers were a little smarter than the adult male was. They put the bait out there and just reeled in that sucker. No, it wasn't right but people set themselves up in chat places to get taken advantage of. I hope he learned something because next time he may not be so lucky. Those teenagers might find themselves in a mess if they keep doing things like that too. They may not be so lucky with the next guy or guys.

Missed point, and a quite shocking response to boot!

"I'm glad that they didn't shoot him but did he really think he was going to meet some hot mama at her apt?"

Yes, he did.

Since 1997, when I got divorced, I have dated exclusively off the internet. I was engaged for 4 years to a man I met on America Online, I've on and off again dated a guy I met on Yahoo Personals. I've gone to parties that were internet related, gone on cruises with groups from NetRelate.com and it's sister site CyberSoulmate.com. I've met hundreds of people over the years, and I know that there are women out there (many more than I would like to know about) who meet men for sex only - no strings.

MySpace in particular has brought me in touch with an old internet friend (female) from 9 years ago, a few ex boyfriends, a few high school buddies and an all grown up boy that I used to afterschool when I lived in Indiana. I found my daughter's old guitar instructor on there, a guy I knew when I was 9 who was in a band in Indiana and several local friends I already knew from other sites. I've met new friends locally on there, had picnics and even found a really cool kayak partner on there who likes to explore the waterways as much as I do. Those are hard to find just walking around Publix and I don't do bars.

So yes. The man was just doing what most people I know do. Finding people online to meet. He was doing it for sex, but there are other reasons (like my kayak buddy and friends.) He was only a victim. Nothing more.

Those girls were being criminals. Pure and simple.

Bobbisangel said:
Any adult with half a brain in this day and age should know better then to believe anything that they are told in chatrooms and especially on MySpace.com. It is my opinion that this man got exactly what he deserved. I'm glad that they didn't shoot him but did he really think he was going to meet some hot mama at her apt?

The teenagers were a little smarter than the adult male was. They put the bait out there and just reeled in that sucker. No, it wasn't right but people set themselves up in chat places to get taken advantage of. I hope he learned something because next time he may not be so lucky. Those teenagers might find themselves in a mess if they keep doing things like that too. They may not be so lucky with the next guy or guys.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, it's also possible to find normal people on the internet though, as Glitchwizard said - but it looks like she is reconnecting with old friends that she knew before. I have also known people who have dated people they met online. But any adult with half a brain would ALSO first meet someone in a public place and get to know them before showing up at someone's apartment.

MySpace and others are only making easier what has happened all along.

Hbgchick said:

Yes, it's also possible to find normal people on the internet though, as Glitchwizard said - but it looks like she is reconnecting with old friends that she knew before. I have also known people who have dated people they met online. But any adult with half a brain would ALSO first meet someone in a public place and get to know them before showing up at someone's apartment.

MySpace and others are only making easier what has happened all along.
While I admittedly did find black humor in the fact this happened to a man for once instead of a woman, he is still a victim and the girls are criminals. IMO, blaming him is no different than saying a rape victim asked or deserved to be raped. We are all capable of (and have all made) bad decisions in our life. Does that mean we deserve bad things to happen to us as a consequence for those decisions? Absolutely not.

Hbgchick said:

Yes, it's also possible to find normal people on the internet though, as Glitchwizard said - but it looks like she is reconnecting with old friends that she knew before
I've met several hundred people I didn't know before, too. Yes, I only meet in a public place and I don't meet them for sex, but I know LOTS of people who do, and every one of them has been relatively safe. I say relatively because I shudder to think of the STDs that are being mass transmitted from those meetings as well as from bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back