Atlanta judge sides with sex offenders/ACLU

Levi

Reaction score
I just heard Nancy Grace say that on her CNN Headline News show tonight @ 8:00 PM EST she is holding a judge that sided with the ACLU & Atlanta in contempt. She said that the judge said that a ban on sex offenders from living or going any place children frequent is "unconstitutional". Nancy said she is holding the judge in Contempt. The judge is Clarence Cooper the same judge from the "evolution" mess that went on. Nancy seemed really mad @ the judge. I will be watching @ 8:00 pm est on CNN Headline News.

Levi said:
I just heard Nancy Grace say that on her CNN Headline News show tonight @ 8:00 PM EST she is holding a judge that sided with the ACLU & Atlanta in contempt. She said that the judge said that a ban on sex offenders from living or going any place children frequent is "unconstitutional". Nancy said she is holding the judge in Contempt. The judge is Clarence Cooper the same judge from the "evolution" mess that went on. Nancy seemed really mad @ the judge. I will be watching @ 8:00 pm est on CNN Headline News.
And what about the constiutional rights of the victims of the sex offenders...where were their freaking rights while they were being stalked and abused?? I think I've said this before, and I'm gonna say it one more time...If you commit a crime you should loose all rights afforded to decent law abiding citizens and be treated like the pond scum you are. Why, how can anybody think their rights are being violated when safety of the children is at stake:furious:

The sheriff of Dekalb county says there won't be any immediate arrests under the new law.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/0627deksexlaw.html

failed to register at all or gave a false address.

"Does that mean I'm out looking for those 90-plus individuals? Absolutely not. Because we're serving [temporary protective orders], we're doing involuntary transports [of mental patients], we're doing prison transports," Brown said.

Warrants for failing to register "just go on the GCIC [state crime computer] like the vast majority of wanted individuals," he said. Most arrests made on such warrants occur at traffic stops or when the offender otherwise comes to the attention of a law officer who checks the name against the crime computer, Brown said.

"In reality, that's how the process works," he said.

----

No wonder we have such a problem!! What an attitude.

SewingDeb said:
The sheriff of Dekalb county says there won't be any immediate arrests under the new law.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/0627deksexlaw.html

failed to register at all or gave a false address.

"Does that mean I'm out looking for those 90-plus individuals? Absolutely not. Because we're serving [temporary protective orders], we're doing involuntary transports [of mental patients], we're doing prison transports," Brown said.

Warrants for failing to register "just go on the GCIC [state crime computer] like the vast majority of wanted individuals," he said. Most arrests made on such warrants occur at traffic stops or when the offender otherwise comes to the attention of a law officer who checks the name against the crime computer, Brown said.

"In reality, that's how the process works," he said.

----

No wonder we have such a problem!! What an attitude.

Makes a person wonder if he has any little kids or grandkids!

All you are doing is repeating history:banghead: by hammering on predators. Don't believe me ? Look back in history, The words you are speaking today are the same words that was spooking in the past about a group of People. this group where called Child Molesters persecuted, ridacuted and put to shame and even imprisoned before we where even a country. People felt that this group amoral and now they feel that it's ok. I'm going to give you a hint this group that prefer the Ark that Ned Flanders built, with 2 male animals of each species so nothing "improper" would happen... Until he blurts out::laugh: "Hey you too, cut that out!" If you don't get it by now then you will never get it. Albert Einstein wrote, "The problems that exist in the world today can not be solved by the level of thinking that created them

Google

ACLU Lesbian and Gay Rights

ACLU, gay couples sue to uphold same-sex marriages in Oregon

ACLU Sues for Anti-Gay Group ...

ACLU in Bed with Child molesters !

ACLU defends child-molester group

ACLU Fights for Child Molester Rights

ACLU fights child molester 'banishment'

So, Randy, you approve of child molestation? You think it should be a right? The difference in gays and child molestors is that one group wants rights for sex between consenting ADULTS and one want rights for sex between adults and children.

Do you foresee a time when sex between adults and children is widely accepted and there is no longer prosecution? God, I hope that will never happen.

The ACLU is right - it's far to hard to restrict pedophiles from all places that have children - children are everywhere! No reason to release these guys from prison when there's no where it's safe to have them - let's just leave them in prison already!

The one big issue I'd worry about is how widely 'sex offenders' is defined in this law - as we've seen, sometimes a person who goes behind a bush to urinate, an 18 year old who sleeps with a 16 year old unknowningly are often called 'sex offenders'. These laws are only just, and will only work if they are going after the real people we are after - true pedophiles.

randy33 said:
All you are doing is repeating history:banghead: by hammering on predators. Don't believe me ? Look back in history, The words you are speaking today are the same words that was spooking in the past about a group of People. this group where called Child Molesters persecuted, ridacuted and put to shame and even imprisoned before we where even a country. People felt that this group amoral and now they feel that it's ok. I'm going to give you a hint this group that prefer the Ark that Ned Flanders built, with 2 male animals of each species so nothing "improper" would happen... Until he blurts out::laugh: "Hey you too, cut that out!" If you don't get it by now then you will never get it. Albert Einstein wrote, "The problems that exist in the world today can not be solved by the level of thinking that created the

So what are you really trying to say Randy? That you are gay or that you are a predator? Or maybe both????

This group was called "Child Molesters" and they were persecuted, ridiculed, imprisoned, shamed, and people felt that they were immoral. NOW PEOPLE FEEL THAT IT IS OK!!!!!! Where have you been Randy? The only people that feel that being a child molester is alright is the molester him/her self. Why do you think people are pressing for changes in the law like "Jessica's Law?" That law has to do with child molesters and predators who rape little kids.

You start with the topic of child molesters and seem to believe that they should be left alone and then you jump to two males being together sexually or in a relationship. The two topics are a million miles apart. Maybe you are trying to say that both predators and gays were presecuted in the past. I'm not sure.

I don't have a problem with two guys or two gals as long as they don't flaunt their preferences in front of me. I mean all over each other in front of me. I feel the same way about a guy and a gal. There is a time and a place for that and it isn't in the public's face. I have a grandson who is gay and I love him to death. I wish that his preference was otherwise but he is an adult and it really isn't any of my business. The whole family loves him and he knows it.
Him and his SO are welcome in my home and they do not flaunt anything in my face. It is called respect. If my grandson was a child molester it would be a whole different story...believe me. He would be an outcast in our family and I would see to it that he was never ever around children if I could help it. I would probably be the one carrying the shame around. And yes, I would want him to be in prison for the rest of his life rather then have him on the loose damaging little kids. I'm sure that most people who care anything about little children feel the same way that I do about child molesters.

No brain warshed people I am not gay and I am not a child molester and I do not approve of either one. I am just trying to showe you what you are doing. If I didn't understand the history then I would be right in there with you.

Remember Albert Einstein wrote, "The problems that exist in the world today can not be solved by the level of thinking that created them

Do the research before you jump on the wagon

:laugh: the ACLU is going to have fun with you people

watch and see they will use your laws against you

This will be you :truce:

In the past ACUL basicly said there was no god but this time I bet they are going to use god againts you

Key words

"Where Did Cain Get His Wife?"

State v. John Scopes ("The Monkey Trial")

where did you get all those ideas? about child molester's and about values

our laws come from the Bible

Adam and Eve

Abraham married his half-sister

was god a pedophile ?.

Bible condones pedophilia

age of consent in the US and Europe only 100 years ago

To SewingDeb

:boohoo: The difference in gays and child molestors is that one group wants rights for sex between consenting ADULTS and one want rights for sex between adults and children.

Young or old if you will allow one you will allow the other

A difference I dont see one

Details said:
The ACLU is right - it's far to hard to restrict pedophiles from all places that have children - children are everywhere! No reason to release these guys from prison when there's no where it's safe to have them - let's just leave them in prison already!

The one big issue I'd worry about is how widely 'sex offenders' is defined in this law - as we've seen, sometimes a person who goes behind a bush to urinate, an 18 year old who sleeps with a 16 year old unknowningly are often called 'sex offenders'. These laws are only just, and will only work if they are going after the real people we are after - true pedophiles.

I agree, people seem to want to lump anyone called a "sex offender" or who has to register as a "sex offender" as automatically a crazed child rapist and murderer. Not every sex offender is dangerous to children. Yes many are.. but, not all are.

Some sex offenders go on to lead normal lives and have children and families of their own. Does everyone think they are drooling loners who all live in shacks or trailer parks? They should have the right to try and persue a normal and crime free life. Setting them up to the point where walking their own kid to school or going to the beach or to an amusement park with their own kids gets them in trouble with the law.....that isn't justice.

I know a young man in my town who is on that list who now has a wife, a good job and 2 daughters. He got into trouble when he was like 15, he was caught in a sex act with a girl who was 14, he said consentual, she said (after they were caught in the school bathroom by a janitor) that is was not.
As a young offender he had to go through a trial where he was told to confess and everything would go easier for him, confinement, years of counseling and probation and now is on our state sex offender registery for the next 25 years. He can't use government housing or get a job with any place that does a background check. He had a very hard time when he was younger. I only know his case because he dated my daughter some years after this incident, they later broke up. He never did anything innapropriate when he was with my daughter. He has never ever been accused, other than this one incident, of any innapropriate sexual behavior with anyone else.

Am I afraid this man now 25 will harm peoples children? No I am not....and I think it would be unfair and unconstitutional to say that he cannot take his little girls to the park or go see their school plays or go watch them play soccer games. My daughter was very hurt when he left her and I feel for her but even though he broke up with my daughter I will not speak a bad word of this kid. He was usually a hard worker, polite and quiet most of the time, mouthy and a jerk once in a while just like any other person. I don't think he deserves to be put on a list for 25 years or have signs pounded into his lawn. Perhaps the parents of the girl feel otherwise, I do not know. My daughter however tells me that the girls own sister says it was all a lie and the girl cried rape because they got caught and she was ashamed. Perhaps that colors my perception a bit.

If you think this young man is the only "sex offender" in the world with a family and children you are wrong. In fact when I went to our schools spring concert in the audience I saw parents who I know for a fact had previously been convicted of many things from child neglect, assault, drugs, wife beaters, drunk drivers, petty theives.....and I gotta think a few parents that were there probably have had offences of a sexual nature charged against them in the past too...it is a public school and there were hundreds of people in attendance to see their kids sing in the concert. Perhaps some of them who had committed crimes in the past were turning their lives around now that many of them have gotten older and started families.

Are you going to start telling everyone who ever committed a crime (sexual or not) that they are a danger to children and can't even attend their own kids events and sports. I'd like to see you try. It isn't constitutional....and if you are going to target one kind of criminal then I think you have to target them all.

You just can't punish people for something they might do someday.

You have to punish them justly and fairly for what they did do in the first place and let those who had minor offenses get on with their lives once they have fulfilled their obligation and punishment. Many people can and do go on to lead productive lives. Not everyone on the sex offender lists are incurable pedophiles and people need to start seeing the difference or the next thing you know some kid you know isn't really a bad kid will be on that list because he kissed someone in the school yard when he was 12 or had stray hands at the school dance.

Are there people who need to be banned from places where children are? You bet there are. But these people should be screened out to begin with. I know a man I warned my kids about who I would never have trusted again with children ever after he was convicted of molesting his niece. I also know of a man in my town who has never been arrested but who I have pointed out as a man my son is never to talk to or let approach him....yet numerous other single mom's let this guy take their sons all over the place with him. Almost every time I see this man he has someone's boys with him. A favorite of his is to take them to the local pool in the evening. It gives me the willies...yet no one ever complains about him and tons of people think he's great.

It's up to each person to safeguard their children and up to the law to punish those who offend and to really nail those that are violent, predatory and who reoffend. But this idea that you can pre-punish people for a 2nd offence they might someday commit does not sit well with me as they do not distinguish between predatory type people, sadists and people who simply made a youthful mistake, a minor offence, or who peed in the park.

My other beef is everone saying that anyone who is a sex offender is incurable. Well people we better stop thinking that way and start counseling some of these people and working with them because throwing up your arms and calling people incurable and wishing for a way to wipe them off the face of the earth is not going to solve the problem either. All these people are somebodies children, somebodies loved ones, somebodies family and everybodies neighbors. There has to be a better way to handle it than to brand them all the same and shun them. They need to eat and work just like anybody else and denying that fact will not solve the problems of society.

All dangerous and repeat criminals (not just sex offenders) need to be identified and dealt with severely .....the others need to be sentenced, rehabilitated, counselled and allowed to live a normal life without persecution if they prove they can go on to crime free lives.

Your corner drug dealer or your drunk neighbor are just as likely to reoffend and kill your kid any sex offender is... but people don't seem to think they are dangerous and need to be registered??? I think the guideline for who needs to be registered and who does not needs to be rethought.

Did I say repeating history "YES":clap: history will tell you every thing

:bang: The words you are speaking today are the same words that was spoking in the past just replace the words "sex offender" with gays

history now protected: Jews, Blacks, homosexuals

The Future pedophiles

keep hammering

This will be you:truce:

Details said:

You are so right Details.

randy33 said:
snip

To SewingDeb

:boohoo: The difference in gays and child molestors is that one group wants rights for sex between consenting ADULTS and one want rights for sex between adults and children.

[/size]Young or old if you will allow one you will allow the other

A difference I dont see one

You don't see the difference? Open your eyes! Children cannot consent nor should they be allowed to.

SewingDeb said:
Children cannot consent nor should they be allowed to.
I agree with you on that but that wasn't the point I was makeing. The point that I am makeing is our societie is based on values and morals witch is based on one man to one woman for life with that said. if a person can disregard one of our societies values and morals in that way that person will disregard the rest.

Open your eyes! .

my eyes are open, OPEN YOURS

you have to understand the history

randy33 said:
I agree with you on that but that wasn't the point I was makeing. The point that I am makeing is our societie is based on values and morals witch is based on one man to one woman for life with that said. if a person can disregard one of our societies values and morals in that way that person will disregard the rest.

Open your eyes! .

my eyes are open, OPEN YOURS

you have to understand the history

Mine are wide open. People accept different things. Child molestation is one thing most agree is downright disgusting and should never be legal. ACLU or not!

randy33 said:
Did I say repeating history "YES":clap: history will tell you every thing

:bang: The words you are speaking today are the same words that was spoking in the past just replace the words "sex offender" with gays

history now protected: Jews, Blacks, homosexuals

The Future pedophiles

keep hammering

This will be you:truce:

So, do I understand correctly that your post is saying that "Jews, Blacks, and [Adult]homosexuals" should not have been/be afforded any civil rights?

That your post is saying you consider this action of their having civil rights to be a mistake of history?

That you think the same will happen with child molestors and they will be given "civil rights" to commit their crimes in the U.S.?

So, you are equating the fact that someone is Jewish, Black or homosexual with the crime of molestation?

If this is what your post is saying, I heartily disagree. There is an enormous difference between granting civil rights to groups of people who are what they are through no fault of their own, and a group of people who are commiting crimes against children.

I do not believe child molestors will ever be granted the right to commit crimes against children in the U.S.

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD WITH YOU BRAIN WASHED PEOPLE ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND SEE THAT I WAS RIGHT ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU WIN YOUR BATTLE AND GET EVERY ONE OF THOSE :bang: CHILD KILLERS AND IF YOU DO PUT ONE OF THOSE :bang: BASTARDS IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR FOR ME.

AS I SAID HISTORY WILL TELL YOU EVERY THING

Remember Albert Einstein wrote, "The problems that exist in the world today can not be solved by the level of thinking that created them

randy33 said:
I HAVE ALREADY BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD WITH YOU BRAIN WASHED PEOPLE ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND SEE THAT I WAS RIGHT ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU WIN YOUR BATTLE AND GET EVERY ONE OF THOSE :bang: CHILD KILLERS AND IF YOU DO PUT ONE OF THOSE :bang: BASTARDS IN THE ELECTRIC CHAIR FOR ME.

AS I SAID HISTORY WILL TELL YOU EVERY THING

What is your solution if you think we are doing it wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back