1364 users online (342 members and 1022 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,107

    MT - Man kills himself, bullet then hits and kills teen girl

    news link
    EUREKA, Mont. He was just trying to kill himself. He ended up taking a second life.

    Authorities in Montana say when 19-year-old Jacob Lee shot himself in the head at a party, he accidentally killed a 16-year-old girl. The bullet traveled through his head, and then struck her in the chest.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,568
    What a horrible thing! He shoots himself, and then a 16 year old girl who must have been standing near him takes the bullet in her chest after it exits him. I can't figure out what the girl was doing anywhere near him if he had a gun to his head... but she obviously was.... maybe she was trying to talk him out of it??? But he did it anyway... accidentally killing her as well. I cannot imagine the horror both families will have to live with now. Oh.. I'll be praying for these folks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,080
    How sad for both of the kids. The girl might not have even known what was happening if the boy pulled a gun out of his pants..aimed at his head and pulled the trigger. Especially if there was a lot of noise...music...talk..and the boy gave no warning. I wonder why he did that. How sad for a boy that young to feel that he had no other options but killing himself. Girlfriend probably broke up with him. Kids just take those things so seriously never thinking that there are lots of girls to chose from. Hard to tell why but it is so sad. My heart goes out to both families.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,797
    This is off topic but a good reminder. A lot of people use real guns to celebrate the fourth of July. If the bullet goes up it will come down and it is anyone's guess where it will land.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    What a horrible thing! He shoots himself, and then a 16 year old girl who must have been standing near him takes the bullet in her chest after it exits him. I can't figure out what the girl was doing anywhere near him if he had a gun to his head... but she obviously was.... maybe she was trying to talk him out of it??? But he did it anyway... accidentally killing her as well. I cannot imagine the horror both families will have to live with now. Oh.. I'll be praying for these folks.
    This story is just a nightmare.I feel so sorry for those families.
    My nephew was at a party last year. Out of the blue, his good friend walks in, pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the head, killing himself in front of 5 or 6 of his friends.There were others in the house.
    No one around had the slightest notion that this was going to happen. They were standing right next to him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    This is off topic but a good reminder. A lot of people use real guns to celebrate the fourth of July. If the bullet goes up it will come down and it is anyone's guess where it will land.
    OT but have you ever seen the show Myth Busters?It's really a great show. I saw this episode the other day and your post reminded me of it:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html

    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...anmain_leftnav

    Episode 50: Bullets Fired Up
    Adam and Jamie set out to solve another high caliber conundrum: Can celebratory gunfire kill when the bullets fall back to earth? With the help of some dead pigs, they worked out the terminal velocity of a falling bullet ... and the results may sting you!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,797
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    OT but have you ever seen the show Myth Busters?It's really a great show. I saw this episode the other day and your post reminded me of it:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html

    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...anmain_leftnav

    Episode 50: Bullets Fired Up
    Adam and Jamie set out to solve another high caliber conundrum: Can celebratory gunfire kill when the bullets fall back to earth? With the help of some dead pigs, they worked out the terminal velocity of a falling bullet ... and the results may sting you!
    I couldn't get the link to post anything that I was addressing. I had an
    incident where a resident came home and found a bullet in her rooftop of her car. The cops were called and they said that it could have been shot from 1-2 miles away. I am not forensic specialist person....I am concernedperson.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I couldn't get the link to post anything that I was addressing. I had an
    incident where a resident came home and found a bullet in her rooftop of her car. The cops were called and they said that it could have been shot from 1-2 miles away. I am not forensic specialist person....I am concernedperson.
    I was responding to your post about celebratory gunshots fired into the air. I just saw a show discussing that very topic and found it fascinating. The second link is to the very issue you raised and i thought it may of interest to you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,797
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    I was responding to your post about celebratory gunshots fired into the air. I just saw a show discussing that very topic and found it a fascinating topic. The second link is to the very issue you raised and i thought it may of interest to you.
    It didn't work for me but hey my computer is coughing and spewing lately. I am taking the 4th off because I know that the possibility of extreme celebratory and alcohol/drugs are not a good mix.I am the only one out there looking out for me the rest are looking for a close.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful Willamette Valley/Oregon
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    OT but have you ever seen the show Myth Busters?It's really a great show. I saw this episode the other day and your post reminded me of it:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html

    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...anmain_leftnav

    Episode 50: Bullets Fired Up
    Adam and Jamie set out to solve another high caliber conundrum: Can celebratory gunfire kill when the bullets fall back to earth? With the help of some dead pigs, they worked out the terminal velocity of a falling bullet ... and the results may sting you!
    That's so funny you posted this Jelly. I read the first thread to Ron and as I was reading I said it can't come down with the same force if it is shot straight up. It will eventually stop and then the gravity will come down. He said he saw the Mythbusters episode and said they broke that myth. Funnier yet I would say I have transcribed more Mythbusters than any other show.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,568
    I watched that Mythbusters too! I was thinking of it as I read the post about guns on the fourth. I also saw an episode on TV of something similar to Forensic Files where a women was shot in her car crossing a bridge over a bay. They thought it must have been a sniper at first. But it wasn't, it turns out that someone was shooting for fun across the water from shore and the bullet ricocheted (sp?) off the surface of the water and went back into an upward trajectory and hit her in her car as she crossed over the water. Many people shoot across the water and don't realize that a bullet shot at a low angle to the surface will bounce off the water surface rather than pierce the water.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,568
    I just keep thinking that the girl was there and was trying to talk him out of it. That's the only scenario that fits in my mind. Poor girl.... If that's the case, she died trying to save someone's life.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 02:19 AM
  2. Car accident kills 3 teen cheerleaders
    By 2sisters in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 12:35 AM
  3. Car in Tenn. parade hits crowd, kills 4
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:08 AM
  4. Ricky Skaggs' tour bus hits, kills a man in Tennessee
    By dark_shadows in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 01:04 AM
  5. Tiger kills Kansas teen posing for a photo
    By kahskye in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 03:37 PM