TX - Matthew Holguin, 9, dies from screwdriver loaded in paintball gun, 26 June 2006

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Flippin idiots! What were they thinking? They killed their own little cousin...I hope they get punished for this...I know they will have to live with it the rest of their lives, but this was just STUPID! If it were one of my family members, I would want them punished!

Screwdriver Loaded Into Paintball Gun Kills Boy

El Paso Police say 23-year-old Christen Sifuentes loaded the screwdriver into the gun and 21-year-old Filiberto Soto shot the gun at the boy.

"It did strike him in the eye area. He did receive a very serious injury from it. He was in critical condition from last night, under went emergency eye treatment and he passed away this afternoon," said Javier Sambrano of the El Paso Police Department.

In the article, it says FREAK ACCIDENT...doesn't sound like an accident to me!

christine2448 said:
Flippin idiots! What were they thinking? They killed their own little cousin...I hope they get punished for this...I know they will have to live with it the rest of their lives, but this was just STUPID! If it were one of my family members, I would want them punished!

Screwdriver Loaded Into Paintball Gun Kills Boy

El Paso Police say 23-year-old Christen Sifuentes loaded the screwdriver into the gun and 21-year-old Filiberto Soto shot the gun at the boy.

"It did strike him in the eye area. He did receive a very serious injury from it. He was in critical condition from last night, under went emergency eye treatment and he passed away this afternoon," said Javier Sambrano of the El Paso Police Department.

In the article, it says FREAK ACCIDENT...doesn't sound like an accident to me!
Stupid is as stupid does.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Stupid is as stupid does.
No kidding.
How is it a freak accident when someone loads the screw driver into the gun?

I mean loading it into the gun is a deliberate act is it not?

A 23 and 21 year old did this? They were old enough to know better and understand what would happen. If they did they should be punished...harshly!! If they didn't .....well, why can't we eliminate idiots like this? It's not like they will ever be contributing members of society.:doh:

TisHerself said:
No kidding.

This isn't a freak accident, it's murder. How could they NOT know they were going to hurt or kill the boy if they loaded the screwdriver into a paintball gun and SHOT IT AT HIM. How can they call this an "Accident"?:furious:

mssheila said:
This isn't a freak accident, it's murder. How could they NOT know they were going to hurt or kill the boy if they loaded the screwdriver into a paintball gun and SHOT IT AT HIM. How can they call this an "Accident"?:furious:
You got me. The ones who are calling it a Freak Accident are just as stupid as the ones who did it.

I expect the shooter (moron) will be indicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, possibly aggravated manslaughter.

Wudge said:
I expect the shooter (moron) will be indicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, possibly aggravated manslaughter.
Yep, wonder if they try and say it did not say anywhere in the packaging that it was harmful to load and shoot a screwdriver from a PAINTBALL gun?

mssheila said:

I am not sure if this is much different than when Jayson Williams "accidently" (gross negligence in my book) shot and killed a chauffer with a shotgun.

Jayson had drank a lot before it happened. I wonder if drinking was a factor here?

Wudge said:
I am not sure if this is much different than when Jayson Williams "accidently" (gross negligence in my book) shot and killed a chauffer with a shotgun.

Jayson had drank a lot before it happened. I wonder if drinking was a factor here?

Well dead brain cells were definately a factor.

TisHerself said:
No kidding.

It's negligent homicide, not a "freak accident".
They really need to have a section of the penal code reserved for "criminal stupidity".

Negligent homocide? I'm thinking murder. If it was an accident, who was the INTENDED murder victim, since there obviously (to me) was one.

GlitchWizard said:
Negligent homocide? I'm thinking murder. If it was an accident, who was the INTENDED murder victim, since there obviously (to me) was one.

Well I am thinking what did they think was going to happen to the intended victim when the said screw driver that they loaded into the gun came out of it when they fired? Anyone in their right mind would hazard a guess that this could cause serious bodily harm, most probably kill someone. So yep I am with you I'm thinkiing murder.

"Well officer, the guy was screwed up in the head, so I thought I'd help him out."

"Honest, officer, I was just screwing around and it went off."

"I was fixing the gun and left the tool inside by accident."

"I ran out of paint, figured a screwdriver would draw blood that LOOKED like paint, so we'd know who was out."

"Now, how did THAT get in there?"

GlitchWizard said:
"Well officer, the guy was screwed up in the head, so I thought I'd help him out."

"Honest, officer, I was just screwing around and it went off."

"I was fixing the gun and left the tool inside by accident."

"I ran out of paint, figured a screwdriver would draw blood that LOOKED like paint, so we'd know who was out."

"Now, how did THAT get in there?"
"You mean a Screw Driver when fired from a paint gun aimed at someone's head could Kill them?"

"We just wanted to see how many times we could hit him with it before he gave up"

"We just thought we could start a new craze unstead of Paintball Gun, Screwdriver Gun"

Masissy said:
Yep, wonder if they try and say it did not say anywhere in the packaging that it was harmful to load and shoot a screwdriver from a PAINTBALL gun?
It will now.
"Because of me thay have to print that on all the grease traps!"
--Homer Simpsons

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member