GUILTY NC - Jamel Jefferies, 19, dead, 3 hurt in Raleigh drive-by shooting, 3 June 2006

Maryliz30

Inactive
Reaction score
On June 3rd, in Raleigh, NC. A drive-by shooting left 19 yr old Jamel Jefferys dead and 3 injured. 13 people (2 minors) have been arrested and charged with murder.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=4315425

Raleigh police have charged 13 people with murder, including two minors. Mionte Jarquel Hines and Tarus Camelia Jones are the most recent arrests in connection with the shooting.

Police are saying little about the strategy behind the huge number of suspects.

"When [investigators] got to the point that they believed probable cause existed to charge people with murder in this case, they took that probable cause to a magistrate, who has concurred in every instance," said Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue
The police are denying it is a crackdown on gang violence.:waitasec:
That's too bad! I was hoping this was the start of a new trend!

go easy... this is my first thread:eek:

Maryliz30 said:
On June 3rd, in Raleigh, NC. A drive-by shooting left 17 yr old Jamel Jefferys dead and 3 injured. 13 people (2 minors) have been arrested and charged with murder.

Raleigh police have charged 13 people with murder, including two minors. Mionte Jarquel Hines and Tarus Camelia Jones are the most recent arrests in connection with the shooting.

"When [investigators] got to the point that they believed probable cause existed to charge people with murder in this case, they took that probable cause to a magistrate, who has concurred in every instance," said Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue

I just want to say congrats on your first thread. it just gets easier and easier:)

Maryliz30 said:
On June 3rd, in Raleigh, NC. A drive-by shooting left 17 yr old Jamel Jefferys dead and 3 injured. 13 people (2 minors) have been arrested and charged with murder.

Sounds like they want some of them to roll over on the guiltiest among them. Keep us posted on how it proceeds and how actually go to trial for murder.

Apparently the young man was wearing a blue shirt and the bloods told him to take off the shirt. He wasn't in a gang at all according to his parents

http://www.newsobserver.com/1236/story/448839.html

Jamel Amien Jefferys' parents said he had to defend himself from about 10 members of the Bloods gang a day before the shooting, when he was walking home from a convenience store.

"They tried to make him take his clothes off. He was wearing a blue shirt," said his mother, Doris Durham. "They jumped him, and he ran." Blue is the color associated with the Crips, the Bloods' rival gang.

Raleigh police said the suspects were among a cadre of people who loaded into three vehicles and drove by firing the shots that killed Jefferys. Police said the shooting involved gang members and their associates, but they would not comment on other gang activity in the neighborhood.

They"tag" their areas and also have little signets of opportnity. A red kerchief hanging out of a pocket as an example.It could be different depending on the locale.

what is this MS-13 gang? Are the bloods and the crips a sect? How does that work?

Dark Shadows could give you a more complete synopsis as she is LE.My experience is being an on-site agent for a condo conversion. It is replete with gang members. More than I ever knew before.

From November 2008:

https://cases.justia.com/north-carolina/court-of-appeals/08-338-5.pdf?ts=1323904995

With [Percy] Smith driving, and Defendant in the passenger seat of Smith’s white pick-up truck, the Bloods traveled to Beauty Avenue to find Jefferies. Patrick Ballard, Lamarion Powell, Demetrius Bullock and Eric Townes – fellow Blood members and affiliates – rode on the back of the truck. The Bloods found Jefferies with a group of ten people on Beauty Avenue. Defendant fired the first shot from the passenger seat of the truck. After Defendant’s initial shot, a domino of gunshots ensued; Ballard believed seven to ten gunshots were fired. Jefferies died from injuries received. These involved two gunshot wounds to the head, one gunshot pierced the left ventricle of his heart, and one bullet to his abdomen....

On 11 July 2007, a jury convicted [Michael Contrez Jones] of first-degree murder and the trial court entered judgment sentencing him to life imprisonment without parole.

Checking North Carolina DOC:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

Demetrius Bullock received a minimal sentence for Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

Patrick Ballard got 8 to 10 years for conspiracy.

Eric Townes got 14 to 17 years for conspiracy.

Percy Smith got 17 to 21 years for conspiracy and AWDW.

Didn't find anything on Lamarion Powell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back