830 users online (119 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

VT - Pot smoking tomb raider returns to court

news link
    He reportedly told friends he wanted to the use the skull as a water pipe to smoke marijuana.

This was the skull of a deseased teen.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Nothing sinister I don't think, just another idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    Nothing sinister I don't think, just another idiot.
    Nothing sinister?????Are you serious.

The link says nothing about the cadavar being a teen??
    Only the perpetrator?

Not that it matters .... Pretty gross either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    The link says nothing about the cadavar being a teen??
    Only the perpetrator?

Not that it matters .... Pretty gross either way!
    Hi Amraann,
    I do not have the first story saying that the person was a teen.It was said when the story first came out that the tomb contained a 13 year-old.Also that the bow tie was given to him by his grandfather and placed in his casket was stolen also along with his glasses...(I will search around for that part and post it)

Here is more alot more the story.
    news link
    Authorities said Buckalew went to a cemetery in Morrisville on April 8, 2005, and opened an above-ground tomb. He removed the casket lid and used a hacksaw to cut the head off a corpse. He also stole eyeglasses and a bow tie from the casket. The head was placed in a plastic bag, which he used to take it home.

Witnesses said Buckalew told them he intended to bleach the skull and use it as a bong to smoke marijuana, according to an affidavit by Morristown Patrolman Ryan Bjerke.

The witnesses went to the tomb to find out whether Buckalew was telling the truth. They found it had been opened and there was a headless body inside before reporting the incident to police.

The skull and other items were discovered after Buckalew's home was searched by police.

How disgusting can another human be - to open a grave and steel from a deceased child. Where are this idiot's parents? What kind of children are we raising??!!??

After the incident, the victim's widow, the only family member in the area, was told of the vandalism.

"The widow was in shock," the chief of police said said. "She did not want any information. She did not want to know any details."

Buckalew addressed the court after his sentencing, saying, "It was a horrendous thing that I did -- what I did was appalling. I didn't think of the victim."

He went on to say he wants to get help for his mental problems.

He's been sent to a residential treatment program for juveniles.

http://www.local10.com/news/9447058/detail.html

According to this article the victim was an older man. How very sad for the family. Whoever turned him in certainly did the right thing.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    After the incident, the victim's widow, the only family member in the area, was told of the vandalism.

"The widow was in shock," the chief of police said said. "She did not want any information. She did not want to know any details."

Buckalew addressed the court after his sentencing, saying, "It was a horrendous thing that I did -- what I did was appalling. I didn't think of the victim."

He went on to say he wants to get help for his mental problems.

He's been sent to a residential treatment program for juveniles.

http://www.local10.com/news/9447058/detail.html

According to this article the victim was an older man. How very sad for the family. Whoever turned him in certainly did the right thing.

Old Broad
    Hello Old Broad,

When the story first came out,it was said that the victim was a teenager and the grandfather gave him the bowtie.
    Thanks for the link stating that he was an older man with a widow.I did not check any other links except the ones that our local news posted (the link I provided,as you can see,it did not state the age)
    Yes Old Broad,you are right,whoever turned him in did the right thing.It is a despicable act.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows