How do you put someone on ignore?

detectivewannabe

Reaction score
I was wandering how you put someone on ignore and what exactly does it do?

Thanks in advance.
DWB

The action of ignoring can be quit different for different people. Inside your home you listen but don't respond in depth. People at work, you keep busy and share nothing with them Friends calling, you just make sure your too busy to talk or don't answer the phone. If its a permanent ignore, completely cut off all communication and stick to it.

Generally they get bored and move on, or get mad and try to rattle your cage with some "emergency" type situation to pull you toward them.

Heehee - BB! I think she meant the feature on here to ignore posters who bother you.

DWB, if you go up to the top left side of your screen, click on 'user CP' and it will bring you to another screen. Scroll down and on the left side will be various features. The 'ignore/buddy setup' is under 'miscellaneous.' Click on the 'ignore/buddy' and follow the directions. That should do it.

Jules said:
Heehee - BB! I think she meant the feature on here to ignore posters who bother you.

DWB, if you go up to the top left side of your screen, click on 'user CP' and it will bring you to another screen. Scroll down and on the left side will be various features. The 'ignore/buddy setup' is under 'miscellaneous.' Click on the 'ignore/buddy' and follow the directions. That should do it.
Thanks. Does the person you are ignoring know you've placed them on ignore? Does it not show any of their replies or threads? Can you take them off ignore later on? I'm not sure what "ignore" actually does. There are just someone that always seems to be on the defense and I don't think they are contributing to the flow of the thread. I guess I could always scroll past their replay:cool:

Thanks, DWB

detectivewannabe said:
Thanks. Does the person you are ignoring know you've placed them on ignore? Does it not show any of their replies or threads? Can you take them off ignore later on? I'm not sure what "ignore" actually does. There are just someone that always seems to be on the defense and I don't think they are contributing to the flow of the thread. I guess I could always scroll past their replay:cool:

Thanks, DWB

I've never put anyone on ignore, but I believe all it does is make their posts disappear. I don't believe the person knows you ahve put them on ignore.

Hope that helps!

Jules said:
I've never put anyone on ignore, but I believe all it does is make their posts disappear. I don't believe the person knows you ahve put them on ignore.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, you two, I now know why you guys are favorites:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back