1115 users online (228 members and 887 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster

12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster at Disney-MGM studios in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed

Quote Originally Posted by absolut
    12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster at Disney-MGM studios in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed
    I could have sworn I read about this last week. But the article says the last one was the lady. I must have dreamed it.
    What a nightmare.

Did I miss something, I didnt see where it said how he died?

How sad.. you don't expect this to happen at Disneyland.. Well I don't at least.. Prayers for this family..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    Did I miss something, I didnt see where it said how he died?
    I think he probably just got off and keeled over. it's under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Aww. Poor Baby.....Its so sad!

Oh my gosh. That could mean a number of things, like did he hit his head. Poor fella, he was probably so excited to be there for his summer vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy
    Oh my gosh. That could mean a number of things, like did he hit his head. Poor fella, he was probably so excited to be there for his summer vacation.
    Could have had an undetected heart condition.

Ya know, this just makes me furious! Our bodies are not meant to feel all and handle all of the G's that these rides throw out. So stop making the damned things! AND parents need to stop letting their children on them. It is OK to say "NO" on vacation!

Reading from the link, this is the 7th person to die at a Disney attraction since Dec 04! That is just obscene. Especially for what is supposed to be a children's theme park!

I am so sad for this boy right now and his family...
    ~*~Think Globally, Act Locally! Please Recycle! ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by ember
    Ya know, this just makes me furious! Our bodies are not meant to feel all and handle all of the G's that these rides throw out. So stop making the damned things! AND parents need to stop letting their children on them. It is OK to say "NO" on vacation!

Reading from the link, this is the 7th person to die at a Disney attraction since Dec 04! That is just obscene. Especially for what is supposed to be a children's theme park!

If a billion people ride a ride a year, and 7 people die, that's pretty good odds. I think I'll keep going to coaster parks. More than that die of heart disease and I see lines at McDonald's everyday.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I once had access to an article that listed in relative detail all the deaths that have occured at DisneyLand from its opening day to the mid 90s. More than a few. One involved a park employee dressed like a dwarf or something being yanked into a ride mechanism or falling into a water ride and drowning. I'll have to dig around to find it.

We love Disneyland and were talking about going again next spring... now I don't know if I want to My hubby and 13 yearold son love California Screaming, Tower of Terror and those kinds of rides.

I could have sworn I read about this last week. But the article says the last one was the lady. I must have dreamed it.
    What a nightmare.
    This article says that a child died on "Mission Space" at Epcot about a month ago:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/29/coa...ath/index.html

I rode the RockinRollercoaster one time and as soon as it got started I knew I'd made a mistake. I kept my eyes closed and held on for dear life for the entire ride and was so sick afterwards it took me an hour to start feeling normal again. Now some other rides there I dearly love, Tower of Terror is a favorite but that one does not put you upside down. I just can't do upside down.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

[QUOTE=GlitchWizard]If a billion people ride a ride a year, and 7 people die, that's pretty good odds. I think I'll keep going to coaster parks. More than that die of heart disease and I see lines at McDonald's everyday.[/QUOTE] ~ very, very true unfortunately

Oh, don't get me wrong! DisneyWorld is a wonderful place, the stuff children's fantasies are made of...I love rides, theme parks and such. But do we really need these extreme rides? I bet if someone would ask the family of those 7 if they were OK with the odds now they'd say they weren't. Just 1 is too many. It's supposed to be a dream vacation for families, not a nightmare. I just don't think these kind of warp speed rides are neccessary for the general population. JMO...

~*~Think Globally, Act Locally! Please Recycle! ~*~

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast