12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster

Did I miss something, I didnt see where it said how he died?

How sad.. you don't expect this to happen at Disneyland.. Well I don't at least..:( :( Prayers for this family..

michelle said:
Did I miss something, I didnt see where it said how he died?
I think he probably just got off and keeled over. it's under investigation.

JBean said:
Aww. Poor Baby.....Its so sad!

JBean said:
Oh my gosh. That could mean a number of things, like did he hit his head. Poor fella, he was probably so excited to be there for his summer vacation. :(

Masissy said:
Oh my gosh. That could mean a number of things, like did he hit his head. Poor fella, he was probably so excited to be there for his summer vacation. :(
Could have had an undetected heart condition.

Ya know, this just makes me furious! Our bodies are not meant to feel all and handle all of the G's that these rides throw out. So stop making the damned things! :behindbar AND parents need to stop letting their children on them. It is OK to say "NO" on vacation!

Reading from the link, this is the 7th person to die at a Disney attraction since Dec 04! That is just obscene. Especially for what is supposed to be a children's theme park!

I am so sad for this boy right now and his family...

ember said:
Ya know, this just makes me furious! Our bodies are not meant to feel all and handle all of the G's that these rides throw out. So stop making the damned things! :behindbar AND parents need to stop letting their children on them. It is OK to say "NO" on vacation!

Reading from the link, this is the 7th person to die at a Disney attraction since Dec 04! That is just obscene. Especially for what is supposed to be a children's theme park!

If a billion people ride a ride a year, and 7 people die, that's pretty good odds. I think I'll keep going to coaster parks. More than that die of heart disease and I see lines at McDonald's everyday.

ember said:

I once had access to an article that listed in relative detail all the deaths that have occured at DisneyLand from its opening day to the mid 90s. More than a few. One involved a park employee dressed like a dwarf or something being yanked into a ride mechanism or falling into a water ride and drowning. I'll have to dig around to find it.

ember said:

We love Disneyland and were talking about going again next spring... now I don't know if I want to :( My hubby and 13 yearold son love California Screaming, Tower of Terror and those kinds of rides.

I rode the RockinRollercoaster one time and as soon as it got started I knew I'd made a mistake. I kept my eyes closed and held on for dear life for the entire ride and was so sick afterwards it took me an hour to start feeling normal again. Now some other rides there I dearly love, Tower of Terror is a favorite but that one does not put you upside down. I just can't do upside down.

Old Broad

GlitchWizard said:
If a billion people ride a ride a year, and 7 people die, that's pretty good odds. I think I'll keep going to coaster parks. More than that die of heart disease and I see lines at McDonald's everyday.[/QUOTE] ~ very, very true unfortunately

Oh, don't get me wrong! DisneyWorld is a wonderful place, the stuff children's fantasies are made of...I love rides, theme parks and such. But do we really need these extreme rides? I bet if someone would ask the family of those 7 if they were OK with the odds now they'd say they weren't. Just 1 is too many. It's supposed to be a dream vacation for families, not a nightmare. I just don't think these kind of warp speed rides are neccessary for the general population. JMO...:truce:

:)

BillyGoatGruff said:
I once had access to an article that listed in relative detail all the deaths that have occured at DisneyLand from its opening day to the mid 90s. More than a few. One involved a park employee dressed like a dwarf or something being yanked into a ride mechanism or falling into a water ride and drowning. I'll have to dig around to find it.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: that is truly horrible...where is OSHA???? They'd have a hay day there!

BillyGoatGruff said:
the worst was when the big chain thingambob came flying down from the ship ride and impaled someone. I 'll ahve to find it. That was here at D-land .

i think the rope to tie down the ship pulled out a big cleat and killed at least one guy. It was awful.

We've been on the rock n roller coaster and I wouldn't recommend it. My daughter cried throught the whole ride and she was 10. It flung our heads around like you wouldn't believe. I was stong enough to be able keep my head still, but she was not and her head banged all over the place.

I absolutely love Disney World but there are some rides that even I DON'T go on because of the "g force" thing. Parents need to pay more attention to the signs......Mission Space pulls 5-6 G's - that's a lot of force - I would NEVER EVER put my body through that and the child that died on that ride was only 3 - what was a 3 year old doing on that ride is what I want to know???

It usually turns out that these people who die on the rides had something wrong with them that was undetected, very rarely is it the actual ride that had something to do with their death.

Still very sad and unnecessary!

BillyGoatGruff said:
Try this link:
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney.html

It has info on everything about Disney, from accidents to pedophiles. Lots of interesting stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back