977 users online (194 members and 783 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC - Dale Baldwin, 83, found murdered, Aiken, 16 June 2006

I can't imagine what this wedding must have been like, is the whole family in denial?

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Turno said Craig Baldwin is the only suspect in his mother's death. He said it's possible that Baldwin is unaware of the warrant out for his arrest.
    That is a strange story. I can't believe this guy showed up at the weddding. I am surprised that the police weren't there, just in case he showed up. But from reading the story am I understanding that he supposedly killed her on Friday, and the wedding was that weekend? If so, I suppose the police may not have known about the wedding.

But it is very, very weird. Just show up at the wedding like nothing is going on....

They think she may have been killed around the 16 th, but she wasn't found until Fri. then the wedding was Sat. Cops think he took money from mother's bank account before the murder. Police say that family cooperated, once they knew about the death. He has been captured by the way.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I'm so glad that he got caught. How could he murder his old mother? If he had just waited she probably wouldn't have lived that much longer. I can't even imagine harming a hair on my mom's head.

More info and his pic at this link:

He looks rather happy. Think it's a booking photo?

From August 2008:

Craig Baldwin, the man accused of killing his 83-year-old mother Dale Baldwin, pled guilty to manslaughter in court on Wednesday. Baldwin received a sentence of 30 years...

Morgan says there was money missing from Dale's account, around $20,000 total.

Morgan also told the court, it appears Dale's neck was cut with some cutting device.