AL AL - Lori Slesinski, 24, car found ablaze, Auburn, 10 June 2006 *arrest in 2018* *Guilty*

This case is about to be profiled on Greta's show in just a few minutes.

I wonder what is going on with all of these car fires in the last few months? Usually the cars or trucks of someone missing. I hope it is a good sign that Lori wasn't in the car. I sure hope that she shows up soon or LE find her alive and well. Her poor family not knowing what is going on and now LE finding the car.

I'm thinking to destroy evidence, is why the car fires. I wonder where Lori works, and if she went to work last Monday? Who saw her between Saturday, when the mom spoke to her, and Tuesday, when the mom reported her missing?

This isn't a huge area here, but it's pretty large...it's two towns that are adjacent to one another, to form one larger area. There is Opelika and Auburn...there is no break in between the two cities, they flow right together. Auburn is home to Auburn University, which makes Auburn a more bustling place than Opelika, and with a larger, more diverse population. There are also plenty of rural, outlying areas that are where bodies tend to turn up when something like this happens....Lori is the first person to go missing like this from our area under suspicious circumstances (car being found burned) in a long while, though. Usually missing people around here turn up safe in another city.

I will keep this thread updated. I'm glad Greta has the story now.

crypto6 said:
Hmmmm. Auburn, AL as hometown and able to read, a bookworm even???
Must have gone elsewhere to school......

Crypto6,
Tuscaloosa

Very funny. Didn't know this was a joke thread. I thought it was about a missing & probably endangered woman. My mistake.

Signed,
Proud Auburn graduate, June, '91

englishleigh said:
Very funny. Didn't know this was a joke thread. I thought it was about a missing & probably endangered woman. My mistake.

Signed,
Proud Auburn graduate, June, '91

Sorry. Long history of family UA-AU rivalry. Old habits die hard.

What is unforturnately not so unusual is the lead-off url not having a picture with the article; hard to help find someone if we can't see what she looks like.
Burning cars seem to have a bad prognostic signifacance in missing persons cases. Forensics can be (though not always are) so good that perps take no chances and torch the vehicle and/or crime scene.

There was a photo in our local paper...I will see if I can find it online.

Apology accepted, reasoning understood.

I can't locate a photo of Lori online, and my husband has already thrown our paper from Friday away. Lori is very blond, medium-length hair (to her shoulders), fair-skinned, blue-eyed, kind of a long, round face...teeth a little crooked in front. That's the best description I can offer. If I find a photo or there's another in our paper, I'll post it.
I agree, there should be a photo online someplace. Greta's program showed the same photo that was in our paper...but she doesn't have one on her site, either.

Found this:

Lori's myspace account can be viewed here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=5e4a81df-ffc4-40e8-ae68-f7a290d076c4 She was last seen wearing a pink tank top and green shorts, and she was supposed to be on her way to the grocery store. If anyone has any tips, please call the Auburn Police Dept.'s tip line @ 334-501-7337....

I see here she works in the mental health field...makes you wonder if some mental patient became obsessed with her. The photo of her on her myspace is probably a much better depiction of how she actually looks than the one being used in the media of her.

State and federal investigators aiding in missing woman case

Lindsay Field / Staff Writer
June 20, 2006

Local police say they have few clues to go on nine days after a south Alabama mother reported her daughter missing in Auburn.

Lori A. Slesinski, 24, was reported missing to the Auburn Police Division on Tuesday, June 13. Her mother, Arlene Slesinski of Troy, told police she had not spoken with her daughter since Saturday, June 10.

Slesinski’s 2005 Mazda Tribute was found on fire at 4:41 a.m. last Thursday on DeKalb Street off Opelika Road.

Now, the Auburn Police Division has called in help from both the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and the FBI for help in solving the case.

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...AN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149188617293

Missing woman was unhappy with job, longed for romance

Lindsay Field and Mitch Sneed / Staff Writers
June 21, 2006

An Auburn woman missing for more than a week and a half had described herself on an Internet blog site as "a single white female who hasn’t made a ton of progress since graduating in summer of 2004."

The self-authored profile of 24-year-old Lori Ann Slesinski on the popular Web site myspace.com, paints a picture of a talented young woman who earned two degrees from Auburn University, loves the outdoors and her pet Yorkshire terrier named Peanut, but was hoping for more in life.

"I love doing outdoors things when it’s warm out . . . like riding my bike, walking my dog, going to Kiesel or Chewacla parks, taking a roadtrip, the beach, traveling, cooking, music, poetry, working out, watching movies, XBOX, going to random places, sleeping when I have time," Slesinski wrote. "I love my Yorkie and spending a lot of time with him. I used to play sports a lot, but kinda hurt my knees so not as much anymore . . . but I attempt tennis and love to rollerblade and swim. Anyone up for a beach trip??"

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...AN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149188641210

Come on, Guys...I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this case on this site...this girl's car was found burning and she hasn't been heard from in 11 days. Obviously it seems something horrible has happened to her. :( Everyone please pray for Lori.

Mother remains hopeful
Auburn police 'working around the clock' to find Lori Slesinski

Mitch Sneed and Lindsay Field / Staff Writers
June 22, 2006

The mother of a missing Auburn woman said she has heard nothing from the search for her daughter but remains hopeful for a positive outcome in what has been a harrowing ordeal.

Police are still searching for clues in the disappearance of 24-year-old Lori Ann Slesinski, an Auburn University grad who worked as a mental health technician at East Alabama Mental Health.

"I haven’t heard a thing," Arlene Slesinski told the Opelika-Auburn News on Wednesday. "I just hope there is someone out there who knows something that can help police find her. She wanted to do so many different things with her life. I just hope she gets the chance to do them."

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...AN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149188667179

I wonder what the adult day care program is....severely mentally ill or functional mentally ill? Day care meaning out-patient service? Lots of questions about who she may have contact with on a daily basis.

The vehicle burning is very, very troublesome to me.

concernedperson said:
I wonder what the adult day care program is....severely mentally ill or functional mentally ill? Day care meaning out-patient service? Lots of questions about who she may have contact with on a daily basis.

The vehicle burning is very, very troublesome to me.

I think it's mostly functionally mentally ill...they go there in the daytime and live elsewhere at night, maybe in a group home or with family. But you're right, the mental-health angle is the first thing I thought of...an obsessed patient or something?

Whoever did something to her, IF something horrid was done to her, though, was with-it enough to burn the vehicle if it was to get rid of forensic evidence. :(

I am leaning towards someone with psychotic tendancies who may be on anti-psychotics such as lithium and/or neurotin and not taking their meds properly. The reason I am thinking this is because she seemed to be a fairly work oriented and dependable person. Her work environment is such that she could come into contact with people like this and Auburn/Opelika is not known for a lot of violence.

Surely, the doctors are evaluating behaviors to see if someone in the unit is either not returning to day care sessions or more out of sorts than usual.

concernedperson said:
I am leaning towards someone with psychotic tendancies who may be on anti-psychotics such as lithium and/or neurotin and not taking their meds properly. The reason I am thinking this is because she seemed to be a fairly work oriented and dependable person. Her work environment is such that she could come into contact with people like this and Auburn/Opelika is not known for a lot of violence.

Surely, the doctors are evaluating behaviors to see if someone in the unit is either not returning to day care sessions or more out of sorts than usual.

I sure hope so. Poor Lori. She didn't even really like her job, either, if you read her Myspace, link above.

englishleigh said:
Found this:

I see here she works in the mental health field...makes you wonder if some mental patient became obsessed with her.

Depends on what type of place it is; on lockdowns with psychotic patients who eventually get released, it's a real problem. If it's an Alzheimers daytime holding center type, less so.
She sure seems ripe for a setup of some sort: lonely, high hopes, young, pretty.

Crypto6

crypto6 said:
Depends on what type of place it is; on lockdowns with psychotic patients who eventually get released, it's a real problem. If it's an Alzheimers daytime holding center type, less so.
She sure seems ripe for a setup of some sort: lonely, high hopes, young, pretty.

Crypto6

Oh, yes. And to add to it she was involved with a few daily.Nothing indicates Alzheimers patients at this facility but I am concerned nonetheless.I have seen these psychotic breaks. It isn't something you want to be around.

Not saying the mentally ill don't need help but as a person who has been threatened I am scared most of the time.The reality isn't my reality but what does it take? I watch my back constantly and it isn't from a stranger it is from my brother.I just don't know what to say...it happens. The system isn't designed for perfection but I don't want to be a victim and I will spout off and offer any and all perspectives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back