1303 users online (230 members and 1073 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Perp on the forums

    I've started threads about this before because it's something that interests me. I believe that JonBenet's killer would not be able to resist the forums and may well have posted on them.

    I've asked the question before - would the killer post as RST or RDI?

    Elsewhere, a poster called Dave is getting himself tied on knots over this. He thinks the killer would "ally himself with the BORG" and

    He would take a viewpoint diametrically opposed to whatever the truth is --- just as he did in the ransom note where he displayed complete disregard and lack of any respect for the truth.
    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/D...1/1831.html#24

    These two statements contradict each other coming from a staunch Ramsey supporter like Dave.

    In the ransom note, the writer pointed away from the Ramseys. All aspects of the crime which are definitely known to be related to the killer... point away from the Ramseys. - the "small foreign faction", demanding ransom money, killing by garotte.

    All of these point to an intruder. So if Dave thinks the killer would take a position "diametrically opposed to the truth" then this would actually suggest a Ramsey did it. If the kiler was playing games, he sure didn't play them against the Ramseys very well. If his objective was to frame the Ramseys, he could have done that much more effectively by omitting the ransom note and the garotte.

    I personally believe the killer is someone who likes to play games and I think this person would post both as BORG and as RST on the forums.

    Like many others, I believe the killer was someone close to Jonbenet - or at least someone she knew. I think that person may well have adopted a public RST position and then played BORG games as well.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    Ambivalent Perp

    I think one of the perp's games is sort of taking JonBenet's place (doesn't feel as loved as she was?) sleeping in her bed at Charlevoix and trying to get attention from PR during the Grand Jury by phoning her a lot, obviously nervous about the G.J. (Yes, I think PR would be the only one with motive to write the Patricia Letters.)

    He may have some kind of identity problem. (Example, book Three Christs of Ypsilanti, which is a Michigan university town with a mental hospital, by, I think, Rokeach. The three guys were overcompensating for feelings of inferiority by convincing themselves they were Christ or God. )

    Sociopaths, according to an article that probably still comes up if you google the word, are always failures, trying to make others failures, become very skilled liars, from lots of practice. Can get their victim fired and themselves promoted.

    A famous singer-actor who was kicked out of one denomination because someone was evidently spying on him and accused him of social drinking used to say the devil is schizophrenic. He's a sociopath for sure. The word replaced psychopath.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Hmmm

    Interesting Jayelles, I can think of a couple of posters who might fit that bill.

    Also posters who have obviously changed their hats and came back again with their new clothing on. Game players for certain in my book.

    I still have my same olde hat, but do watch folks with the eyes of a pouncing cat.

    I only post here, and do not even read at the other forums.
    I tried out a forum way back when it was NEW, but a person whom I thought was indeed a friend turned out to be as they say NOT.

    Gee IF I came back with a NEW hat, I could say I lived in Brooklyn, and I could type with an accent. OR IF I was well schooled in computers I could have my old hat as an 'official' member, and post with a NEW 'official' member NEW hat. Thats what happened with one of my 'two' supposed friends, back when I was STUPID about 'online folk'.

    I no longer 'forge' friendships online, lovely sounding people have PM'd me, nice BUT no personal definitive information passes between us. I learned the HARD way.

    Yes, I do think that people involved in the murder in some way 'SHOW UP' online.

    Fortunately I cannot be diverted, I do feel the R's were involved in some major way.

    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I've started threads about this before because it's something that interests me. I believe that JonBenet's killer would not be able to resist the forums and may well have posted on them.

    I've asked the question before - would the killer post as RST or RDI?

    Elsewhere, a poster called Dave is getting himself tied on knots over this. He thinks the killer would "ally himself with the BORG" and


    http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/D...1/1831.html#24

    These two statements contradict each other coming from a staunch Ramsey supporter like Dave.

    In the ransom note, the writer pointed away from the Ramseys. All aspects of the crime which are definitely known to be related to the killer... point away from the Ramseys. - the "small foreign faction", demanding ransom money, killing by garotte.

    All of these point to an intruder. So if Dave thinks the killer would take a position "diametrically opposed to the truth" then this would actually suggest a Ramsey did it. If the kiler was playing games, he sure didn't play them against the Ramseys very well. If his objective was to frame the Ramseys, he could have done that much more effectively by omitting the ransom note and the garotte.

    I personally believe the killer is someone who likes to play games and I think this person would post both as BORG and as RST on the forums.

    Like many others, I believe the killer was someone close to Jonbenet - or at least someone she knew. I think that person may well have adopted a public RST position and then played BORG games as well.
    Jayelles,

    Interesting thought. I would think the perp would be drawn to the online forums.

    If only to keep up on the latest theories, just in case, someone has found a smoking gun.

    If the perp is an intruder then the perp has to promote a RDI theory, otherwise an IDI.

    The only other reason for posting might be to point up inconsistencies in theories that invalidate the perp's favored one?


    There is scope for the conspiracy theory, which might involve non-ramseys, assisting and promoting an IDI or attempting to obsfucate and confuse current forensic evidence.

    To engineer a deception on this basis suggests planning and awareness beyond that of the ordinary perp!


    The Ramsey's promotion of their own innocence extends to media appearances and documentaries. So I see no reason why they should not also have a JonBenet forum somewhere, administrated by someone else, but they act as the puppet master?

    Well this
    the "small foreign faction", demanding ransom money, killing by garotte.

    What is interesting is that the ransom note did not say JonBenet will be asphyxiated, but beheaded which is salient given she was discovered with the garrote around her neck.

    If the RN had been composed after she had been garroted, why not refer to this as a warning rather a beheading?


    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    "I personally believe the killer is someone who likes to play games and I think this person would post both as BORG and as RST on the forums."

    Jayelles,

    I agree with your statement above. If (and that's a big if),the perp is on the boards,he/she is finding it very amusing,but also I think the perp is cautiously taking a lot in,and as you say playing both sides.I also believe the perp feels very confident after all these years,that he/she will never be caught. And sometimes feeling too confident,can be one's down fall.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    That's the thing, isn't it? No one really knows who the others are here, do we?

    One thing's sure: Dave and I are not the same person! Just to clear that up.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061

    Welll

    Great thoughts guys. Moving my post to the RAnsom Note thread.
    Last edited by Camper; 07-04-2006 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Moving my post to the RAnsom Note thread.
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    That's the thing, isn't it? No one really knows who the others are here, do we?

    One thing's sure: Dave and I are not the same person! Just to clear that up.
    Of that I had absolutely no doubt :-)
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Here's another question:-

    The perp has gotten away with murder. He/she has outwitted everyone. Is he/she pleased as punch? Or just mightily relieved?

    How would a pleased as punch person act?

    How would a relieved not to be caught person act?
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  10. #10
    The perp is dead...can no longer "post".
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    The perp is dead...can no longer "post".
    That's my feeling on it.

    You might get away with it in this life...but not the next one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    That's the thing, isn't it? No one really knows who the others are here, do we?

    One thing's sure: Dave and I are not the same person! Just to clear that up.
    No, we sure don't know who the others are.

    I've always thought that some of the posters had to be friends with the Ramsey's or the Ramsey's. You know the ones who try and explain away everything. Some things I can see, but not everything. I have no reason to want the R's (any of them) to be guilty of this crime. In fact, I think it would be nice if the last thing little Jonbenet saw, before her life being snuffed out, wasn't a family member or friend of the family.

    I personally think the family and friends would be the ones who are in the Ramsey's weren't involved group.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    The perp is dead...can no longer "post".
    Yep, I agree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Toltec
    The perp is dead...can no longer "post".
    Danger! Danger! Closed mind!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Here's another question:-

    The perp has gotten away with murder. He/she has outwitted everyone. Is he/she pleased as punch? Or just mightily relieved?
    He/she/it is just horizontal.

    She outwitted you, but not me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. One perp or more?
    By Rashi'sDaughter in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM
  2. How smart is the perp?
    By Holdontoyourhat in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 06:13 PM