GUILTY LA - Corinthian Houston, 5, abducted & burned alive, 1 July 2006

MSM

Reaction score
Forgive me if I am duplicating another thread but I didn't see one about this case already. This is truly awful. A 5 year old boy was kidnapped and burned alive in an abandoned house in northwest Louisiana by a man who was trying to get back at the boy's mother, described as his girlfriend by one source in the article. This guy must be a real monster to murder a child to get back at the mother. Not only that, but to kill anyone by burning them alive is unbelievably evil.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13693790/

Shreveport Times

Saturday, Parker returned home from work around 2:40 p.m. and within a few minutes realized Corinthian wasn't around. Parker said her husband was supervising the children, but he was inside watching television as they played outside in the front and side yard. It was Parker's oldest granddaughter who told her a green van "picked him up." The granddaughter identified one of the men as Carter.

Parker doubts Corinthian would have put up a fuss or screamed since he knew Carter. Carter, who had dated Corinthian's mother, Pamela Fisher, of Campti and Natchitoches, typically had Fisher's children with him and would drop them off at Parker's house.

http://tinyurl.com/hsfgt

Parker is the child's paternal grandmom.

This is what a child murderer looks like:

0673174051_carter-boy-killed-hd.jpg

The only unusual thing is his mother called police.In a dysfunctional situation they typically deny. So, maybe his usefulness was over or maybe the mother did have a beam of light.

In any case, his behavior was noted before but not in enough time to prevent a child's murder.

If this crime doesn't call out for the death penalty I don't know what does.

How, How. How, could someone do this?

I hope he's put out with the general population of the jail. They'll know what he did and he'll get what he deserves. :furious: :( :mad: :furious: :(

concernedperson said:
The only unusual thing is his mother called police.In a dysfunctional situation they typically deny. So, maybe his usefulness was over or maybe the mother did have a beam of light.

In any case, his behavior was noted before but not in enough time to prevent a child's murder.

Was it his mother or his grandmother (on his father's side) who called the police?

I found the answer in Cathieq's link:

Corinthian's other grandmother reported him missing about four to five hours later.

SewingDeb said:
Was it his mother or his grandmother (on his father's side) who called the police?
I could be wrong but I think concerned person was referring to the fact that the mother of the murderer called the police on her own son after her other son found the boy's body in the abandoned house next door to where they lived.

Gmommy said:
I could be wrong but I think concerned person was referring to the fact that the mother of the murderer called the police on her own son after her other son found the boy's body in the abandoned house next door to where they lived.

Thank you. That is surprising.

Mothers instinct is to protect her child.
Mothers RESPONSIBILITY is to protect all children.

She did the right thing, and I hope she sleeps soundly knowing that and never second guesses herself, no matter WHAT he says to her later on.

There is no earthly punishment great enough for this type of human. How incredibly sad and horrific. We as a society should just behead him and move on and cry for a little boy lost. The animal that did this deserves nothing less than an extremely painful death as well.

I read a book about a similar case. About 10 years ago, a man killed his 2 little girls to spite their mom. Girls were old enough to know what was going on, (like 8 and 10) he told them what he was going to do, had the oldest call the mom, and shot them so that she could hear it over the phone. Death penalty.

Good for the perps Mother turning him in. How many would have looked the other way (Scott and Raven's) or helped them cover it up and get away?

In general, I am opposed to the death penalty, but this is one of those cases that makes me want to reconsider my views.

Here is another article with a few more details about what Carter's family heard and saw on the day of the murder. Apparently, Corinthian's mother called Carter's mother to try to locate her son:

Telephone calls from Pamela Fisher continuing to seek information about her son prompted Irma Carter to ask Jeffery Carter to look next door in the house, Byron Carter said. "She saw Terrance coming out of the house Saturday. She didn't know at the time why he would be in there but the phone calls; that's what made them look."

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060703/NEWS01/607030308/1002

All I had to do was read the title to this thread to know that I couldn't handle reading the article......

My heart literally hurts for this child.....there is not a hell hot enough for that man.........

In what police believe may have been a barbaric act of revenge, a badly burned 5-year-old Louisiana boy was found dead, tied to a leather chair, with a cord around his neck. Preliminary observations suggest the boy was burned while he was alive.

^ This thread title almost made me throw up, and after doing a little research on this, I really did. I am very interested in burn injuries and have researched them thoroughly, and am absolutely sickened that a ("*man") could do that to his own child, although I am aware that it has and does happen i.e. Charles Rothenberg pouring petrol on his son David Rothenberg in 1983? to get back at his wife for some dumb reason that did not justify what he did to David. Nothing could justify what he did. Sadly, in the Rothenberg case Charles only received a few years in prison and was let out. Since then he has been in more trouble and is now in prison for life, I think.

Happily, Terrence Carter is on Death Row in Louisiana for what he did to his son Corinthian Houston.

http://off2dr.com/smf/index.php?topic=6312.0

This is link about him wanting a new trial without DP being a possibility:
http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpenalty@lists.washlaw.edu/msg09131.html
It says this about Corinthian:
The boy suffered 3rd- and 4th-degree burns over 54 % of his body and
likely died within a minute, authorities have said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back