1106 users online (230 members and 876 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VT - Man charged with cruelty for waiting to call 911 after nearly 5 days

news link
    Paramedics found Cecile Brown inside her apartment on Pine Street in Burlington. Court papers indicate Brown had been laying in her own feces and urine. The 42 year-old suffered a critical head injury that left her unconscious and nearly killed her. She was given just a 4-percent chance of survival. Police say 41 year-old Randy Mayo waited nearly 5 days before calling 911.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a note,this man and his family has been in and out of our facility for various crimes.One of which is facing life under the Habitual Offender Law (career criminal).

...and this woman is still dating this guy. IMO, he caused her severe injuries and left her to die. I guess that he called for help when she was on her last leg, so to speak.

My prediction is this woman will end up dead if she stays with this guy.

It does sound as if he is the one responsible for her injury--changing his story, refusing a polygraph, a history of a rocky relationship, police calling the circumstances of her injury "suspicious." If he did in fact cause her injury it would explain why he left her for 5 days without summoning help; he didn't want to go to .

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Okay, so she does not remember how she got the injury, but she does know that he left her laying there to die for 5 days and she is still dating him? These two deserve each other.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    Okay, so she does not remember how she got the injury, but she does know that he left her laying there to die for 5 days and she is still dating him? These two deserve each other.
    He probably told her that he didn't know the number to 911, and it took him five days to figure it out. I guess that she believed him.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    They had only been together for eight months. It is a thousand wonders she is even alive at this point. Is her head injury of the sort that she is incapable of understanding who she is involved with? The man suspected of inflicting this injury on her to begin with?
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    He probably told her that he didn't know the number to 911, and it took him five days to figure it out. I guess that she believed him.
    Ah the Jon Lovitz (Pathological Liar Guy) defense, "Yeah, yeah, see I didn't know the number to 911, yeah, that's the ticket"

Okay, I can see thinking she's an idiot to stay with a man who is a jerk before this happened -

But she's brain damaged now. So, she has an excuse for not realizing she needs to leave him.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    Okay, I can see thinking she's an idiot to stay with a man who is a jerk before this happened -

But she's brain damaged now. So, she has an excuse for not realizing she needs to leave him.

If she is brain damaged why can't the state appoint her a guardian that tends to her housing, gro's, etc and also handles her money? Someone that checks on her...looks after her? She will get disability now and that is probably right up this creeps ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    If she is brain damaged why can't the state appoint her a guardian that tends to her housing, gro's, etc and also handles her money? Someone that checks on her...looks after her? She will get disability now and that is probably right up this creeps ally.
    Calling it is always good.This is what exactly has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    They had only been together for eight months. It is a thousand wonders she is even alive at this point. Is her head injury of the sort that she is incapable of understanding who she is involved with? The man suspected of inflicting this injury on her to begin with?
    Hey Tennessee,
    Nice to see you.Here is an article from march;
    news link
    Brown had been involved in a tumultuous relationship with a man before in the Northeast Kingdom. Both were charged with domestic assault. Brown reportedly moved to Burlington to start a new a life. Details of this case are still unfolding.

Another Man Accused of Beating Burlington Woman

news link

Ricky Laprade pleaded not guilty to domestic assault. Prosecuters say he beat, and in one case strangled, Cecile Brown in three separate incidents in 2003 and 2004.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Hi dark_shadows! Thank you for keeping us updated.

So the police believe that he did this to her instead of her boyfriend? It appears that if he couldn't have her, no one could. If it is true that he did this to her, I owe her and her current boyfriend an apology. I still think it is strange that he didn't call 911 sooner. Maybe he wasn't there and didn't know she was laying there unconscious for all that time?? I hope she continues to make progress and heal.

Domestic violence is so scary. I watched a friend go through two very abusive relationships and at times was worried about my own safety as those "men" were crazy and both stated how much they hated me. I suppose that was because I took some of her time and begged her to get away from them. In fact, I had to walk away from our friendship during the last one ten years ago. She finally got away from him and married someone with whom she has had a stable, loving relationship. Our friendship, best friends since high school, is still over though.

I hope that Cecile can fully recover and finally get away from this man. Maybe, just maybe, she will find happiness with this new boyfriend and they can build a life without her looking over her shoulder.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

Well.. he is back with us and here is why;

Man jailed on second abuse charge
    The most recent assault, according to papers on file at Vermont District Court in Burlington, occurred Friday at [U]Brown's apartment on Adams Street. She called police from a convenience store just before 9 p.m. and said she'd been held captive and "beaten all night," according to a sworn statement written by city Police Officer Daniel Gilligan. Brown's face was swollen and bruised, there was dried blood in her nose, and she had a large bruise on her left arm, the officer wrote.[/B]

Brown told police she came home at 4:30 p.m., and Mayo accused her of having an affair, forced her to sit in a chair, threatened to kill her if she moved, and "had been slapping her ever since," Gilligan wrote.

"When he slapped her it only stung because she was so used to the pain," the officer wrote. "It was not the pain that bothered her as much as the fear of what he would do next."

Police went to the apartment, found Mayo asleep on the couch and arrested him, Gilligan wrote.

Rest at link.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    news link

Ricky Laprade pleaded not guilty to domestic assault. Prosecuters say he beat, and in one case strangled, Cecile Brown in three separate incidents in 2003 and 2004.
    This one is back with us also.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast