1159 users online (277 members and 882 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OH - Brittany Tomlin, 16, Mt. Vernon, 2006

This one hits very close to home, while I do not know her, she is from my town.

Brittany Tomlin has been missing (runaway) for over two months. pic can be seen here

She is 16 years old. Her home is here in Mt. Vernon, OH....She has Dark hair about shoulder length...Brown eyes..and a tattoo on her left ankle which has her FULL NAME...Brittany Tomlin on it..

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Brittany Tomlin, please contact the Mount Vernon Police Department at 740-397-2222

What are the circumstances of her disappearance?

I dont know at this point, this was posted to a local community forum. I emailed the girls grandmother, which posted it, and received no response. All I know is they contacted local PD after she disapeared 2 months ago, and have come up with nothing. I'm hoping she replies. Our local PD do not to my knowledge deal with alot of major crimes including missing persons. I am hoping she takes me seriously in offering to get the word out. I dunno, maybe she wont.

Apparently she ran away a few months ago, she wrote her brother and mother emails telling them that she was ok. She is on probation for being uruley, and after her mother asked if the emails could be traced (to the PO) the emails stopped coming in and they started getting unmarked mail with a Columbus post mark. Only problem is all of our mail goes to columbus first unless its taken into the post office. I asked a few other questions and am waiting a response. She did write back and say that there were problems between her and her mother, and she doesn't have contact or isn't supposed to rather with her father. I am also working on getting a better picture.

bumping in hopes she might come home.