Pictures of Patsy in her prime and +

Camper

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I found this link while searching for information on just WHAT Patsy's talent was for the 1977 Miss West Virginia contest.

http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Go to the picture that comes up when you reach this link, then look below the pic of JR and PR and Burke, there is a small box just below, go to the bottom where it says Slide Show.

There are some great pictures of Patsy, large ones, and of the Boulder home.

If anyone has some information about 'her' talent and reading for the contest, please feel free to post it here. My memory is fading. I seem to recall that what ever she was going to do, the copyright would not allow it and she had to do some FAST RE doing of whatever she did.

I know a little more, BUT I am going to turn this loose for everyones sleuthy abilities.

Hi Camper
I don't see any pic of JR PR and BR on this link.

This link brought me the ransom note analysis. I'll go look at the site for the area you mentioned.

Yeah I looked around, still couldn't see anything.
Maybe Camper put in the wrong link?

In her PRIME? Punny! She performed a soliloquey from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in the talent portion of her pageants. She had to re-write it (with Linda McLean) for the Miss WV pageant: copyright infringements. She titled the re-write "Deadline".

I'm guessing the content of that re-write could be a window into the mind of Patsy.

Camper said:
I found this link while searching for information on just WHAT Patsy's talent was for the 1977 Miss West Virginia contest.

http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Go to the picture that comes up when you reach this link, then look below the pic of JR and PR and Burke, there is a small box just below, go to the bottom where it says Slide Show.

There are some great pictures of Patsy, large ones, and of the Boulder home.

If anyone has some information about 'her' talent and reading for the contest, please feel free to post it here. My memory is fading. I seem to recall that what ever she was going to do, the copyright would not allow it and she had to do some FAST RE doing of whatever she did.

I know a little more, BUT I am going to turn this loose for everyones sleuthy abilities.

[size=+2]SORRY here is the link[/size] http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4810551,00.html

The link also includes slide show of the funeral too.

Thanks Camper.
Geez, doesn't Burke look like his Mum.

narlacat said:
Thanks Camper.
Geez, doesn't Burke look like his Mum.

Yes, narlacat, he really does. I am guessing that I may have seen JR's remaining daughter, but I could not spot the oldest son. Wonder IF he was at the funeral, my deepest thoughts are still at work here.

Wonder who the two really ample women shown together at the end of the slide show are? One had an orangy dress with the swooping hem line, and the other had the black and white jacket and black skirt? Also wonder who the photographer was that thought them important enough to take such close up shots of the two?

I bookmarked my OOPS link, to have ready reference to the ransom note.

Camper said:
Yes, narlacat, he really does. I am guessing that I may have seen JR's remaining daughter, but I could not spot the oldest son. Wonder IF he was at the funeral, my deepest thoughts are still at work here.

Wonder who the two really ample women shown together at the end of the slide show are? One had an orangy dress with the swooping hem line, and the other had the black and white jacket and black skirt? Also wonder who the photographer was that thought them important enough to take such close up shots of the two?

I bookmarked my OOPS link, to have ready reference to the ransom note.

The ample ladies are Patsy's sisters. I wondered if the woman to the right hand side of photo #4 is Susan Stine. I'm wondering if the young girls in the forefront of that photo are Paulette's daughters? I don't know how many children she had or if they were girls, but I'm thinking they look about the right age and they are wearing hats as requested by Pam and Paulette suggesting they might be close to Patsy's family. Pam doesn't have children.

Camper...JAR is in the funeral slideshow and was one of the pall-bearers.

Camper, before your memory and other faculties fade, could you try to search for a transcript of Patsy's talent performance in her last pageant? No one I know of has been able to come up with it.

Camper, thanks for the link. I find this photo fascinating. Can I post this without breaking the copyright rules?

Direct link:
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/art/slides/062406ramsey/1.jpg

1.jpg

Britt, why so?

btw, I find the fact that Patsy poses by her child's grave to be among the sickest things I have ever seen.

For me, you don't pose for a picture unless you want to make sure it turns out well because you want to look at it over and over...usually as a reminder of good times.

Brefie said:
Britt, why so?
The family and psych dynamics revealed in the direction of the gazes, the facial expressions and the arm embraces... but mostly, Patsy's hand around the kitten's neck.

btw, I find the fact that Patsy poses by her child's grave to be among the sickest things I have ever seen.
I agree. I think that photo is extremely revealing, too.

We have a tiny kitten right now, and it does like to snuggle its neck right under my hand. Or possibly, she was told to place her hand over Burke's.

More interesting to me was that Patsy is looking away. Her expression is not engaged--unlike the other two.

Maybe the photographer told her to look that way, but I don't like it.

Also, (side petty note) her hair--I've had hairdressers give me that little fringe of bang, and I think it is quite possibly the most aging and silly thing in the world. Give me a full bang or push it all back, but the wisps look is like a comb-over for men.) I'm done with the petty stuff.

I couldn't decide what kind of anomal that was LOL At first I thought it was a wee lamb.

Jayelles said:
I couldn't decide what kind of anomal that was LOL At first I thought it was a wee lamb.
For the sacrifice?

Here is a worthy link about the Miss America contest and some history.

-------
First go here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=List+all+Miss+America+talent+for+the+contests

Then click on this: Miss America History & Cartoon Fun by Brownielocks
-------

Great historical information about the contest by category. Music takes a while to load, about one FAT minute, be patient it is worth it.

I would be interested to know what Patsy talked about in her 'Interview' portion, done in evening gown.

PX perhaps the person who created the link above could help you in YOUR search. Or just write a letter or make a phone call to someone who knows a. how to find it on the internet.

More current news seems to be that consideration is being given to dropping the talent portion, since it really plays a small portion of the winning requirement.

Jayelles said:

Welll in defense of Patsy, that 'kitty' seems to be sound asleep, and PR is just lifting its head up for photgraphic purposes. HOWever B had a tight tight hold on the kitty.

Wonder if kitty is still among the living?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back