Spelling Mansion for Sale

Holy cow, that's a HUGE house......
Wonder if they can make a hotel out of it.

Pharlap said:
Holy cow, that's a HUGE house......
Wonder if they can make a hotel out of it.

I would doubt it as i imagine others who live in the vicinity wouldn't be pleased at increased traffic.

Nice pad! I would LOVE to live in that house. The heating/cooling alone is probably more than I could afford. :doh:

Jeana (DP) said:
Nice pad! I would LOVE to live in that house. The heating/cooling alone is probably more than I could afford. :doh:

You know what? i wouldn't love to live in that monstrosity. too, too big and impersonal.

give me a lovely little Alpine home in Bavaria and i'd be happy. :)

Our local news just reported this is only a rumor?! But I don't know if that is just another rumor also.:p

bakerprune64 said:
What's up with ehr and the "long-time" family friend?? Sounds fishy to me!:twocents:

Clearly, they are partners and have been for some time. i understand Mr Spelling was afflicted by alzheimer's. therefore he probably wasn't cognescent of the affair.

i have no aspertions to cast upon Spelling's wife for seeking companionship under the circumstances. i haven't walked in her moccasins, but i have witnessed the devastation alzheimer's brings to families.

i imagine part of the ruckas between she and her daughter may have something to do with the extra-curicular relationship though.

She's not selling - either that or she's gotten so much flack she decided to wait.

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1211096,00.html

The Manor houses four bars, three kitchens :waitasec: , a theater, a gym, an Olympic-size swimming pool, a doll museum :waitasec: , a separate servants' wing, a 6,000-sq.-ft. guest house, eight double-car garages, tennis courts, a gazebo, a greenhouse, 12 fountains, six formal gardens and a room just for gift wrapping. :eek: :eek:

Has a picture of her for those that were curious.

Jules said:
She's not selling - either that or she's gotten so much flack she decided to wait.

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1211096,00.html

The Manor houses four bars, three kitchens :waitasec: , a theater, a gym, an Olympic-size swimming pool, a doll museum :waitasec: , a separate servants' wing, a 6,000-sq.-ft. guest house, eight double-car garages, tennis courts, a gazebo, a greenhouse, 12 fountains, six formal gardens and a room just for gift wrapping. :eek: :eek:

Has a picture of her for those that were curious.

Oh my :crazy:

I'm with Floh, it's too big for me..

PaperDoll said:
Oh my :crazy:

I'm with Floh, it's too big for me..

there we have it then: it's not for sale. at present.

Paper Doll and i seem to agree we'd just rattle round such a big place anyway. :)

Floh said:
there we have it then: it's not for sale. at present.

Paper Doll and i seem to agree we'd just rattle round such a big place anyway. :)

I like a place with a warm homey, quaint feel to it.. A big mansion like that is just too much.. Hotel is right.. hehe I wouldn't mind have a guest area though.. :p 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, ONE kitchen is plenty for me.. PLUS a guest house..

I think I could handle the guest house (6,000 sq ft)! :)

i think im the only person whose dreamhouse was a tiny trailer. after living most of my life in huge old farmhouses, walking miles just doing daily chores, now i can clean this cozy little home in no time.

jilly said:
I think I could handle the guest house (6,000 sq ft)! :)
LOL! 6,000 square ft is too big for me! I couldn't even maintain the guest house! Let alone the mansion itself. Give me a cabin in the woods, on the shore of a lake.... I'm set.

Can you imagine having kids, especially "younger childen".

You would need some sort of "tracking" system in place if the children were "allowed" to roam free in the house.

How on earth would you supervise them, even if you had help.

Turn your back for a second, Mary runs up the stairs, then "you would have to find Mary, which would be especially hard if "Mary decided to play hide and seek".

Now which room would Mary be in. Is she safe, where is she.

Happened....5,000 sf house, child decided to play hide and seek, did not tell his parents, hid under a table. Parents were concerned that the child left the house, after massive search of house they could not find him.

Had to call the Police, who had a whole team of Officers search the house to "exclude" the possibility that the child was in the house.

5 year old child thought it was "funny" and wondered what all the fuss was about, as he was "just playing a game".

Now imagine a child who is not playing hide and seek in a house, but may even get lost, or the parents could not find him her, or the child decided to "play" with the parents.

Or a teenager, who wants to avoid his parents, it could be days, weeks until the parents sees the child again.

They could probably have "girls" over and the parents would not even notice, or a party and the parents would not notice.

Or a "fight" with your husband, heck a hubby and wife could take days, weeks of weeks to "run into each other again".

Now where did the cat go, or the dog needs to be taken for a walk.....

What if you "misplaced" an item, where would you start to look.......

You could use a cell phone to call the "family" to dinner so they all meet in one room.

I don't know if living in a "massive" house would all that it would be cracked up to be...........

Heard on the radio this morning that Tori is the one who leaked the story about her mom selling the house. Seems she was wanting to sympathy from the press since all her publicity has been about her marriage to Dean and how she 'took him away from his wife and kids.' Pathetic.... Never did like Tori....

Yeah, great now Canada and my hometown has to "endure" Tori....like yeah.

When my children were little, my house was far from "massive," but there are these things called "baby gates," where you can block off the areas where youu don't want them to go. Helps keep an eye on them. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back