CA - Rapist Becomes Informant, 3 Life Sentences Become 4 Years, 4 Months

Wudge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Johnnie Lee Crummie, who testified in both earlier trials, said Anderson confessed to the killing while the two men shared a jail cell. Crummie, who faced more than three life sentences for a San Bernardino County rape case, received a plea bargain in exchange for his testimony. The deal reduced his sentence to four years and four months, said Anderson's Riverside-based defense attorney John Aquilina.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanbernardino/stories/PE_News_Local_D_banderson06.1f36ad2.html

Note: In two previous trilas, Crummies' testimony was not enough to obatin a conviction. However, a new jailhouse informant has materialized, and a third trial will be held.

I hate this. I hate this. I hate this.

A correctional officer friend of mine calls it "First one to the lie wins". This guy could say anything once the "deal" is made. I've seen a murderer go free and put two other guys away due to making deals.

No deals for the wicked!!! :-(

GlitchWizard said:
I hate this. I hate this. I hate this.

A correctional officer friend of mine calls it "First one to the lie wins". This guy could say anything once the "deal" is made. I've seen a murderer go free and put two other guys away due to making deals.

No deals for the wicked!!! :-(

Obviously, the informant raped at least three women. Now, courtesy of the D.A., he will be free to rape again. And what did the D.A. win with this rapist's testimony? Nothing.

Now the D.A's office has a second jailhouse informant who wants to testify in a third trial, and that informant is likely to get a deal too.

Clearly, the D.A. wants to win this case in the worst way. However, in his attempt to imprison an alleged felony murderer, he's arranged for a three time rapist to run free once more. To me, this makes no sense.

This is just sickening. I wonder how the women he raped feel about now. I swear....some Prosecutors will do anything to win a case. Why didn't they just go to trial and let a jury figure it out. No man that raped three women should only have to serve 4 yrs and 4 months. There should be no plea deals for violent offenders. Does that DA really believe that the new snitch is on the up and up for pity sake.

Bobbisangel said:
This is just sickening. I wonder how the women he raped feel about now. I swear....some Prosecutors will do anything to win a case. Why didn't they just go to trial and let a jury figure it out. No man that raped three women should only have to serve 4 yrs and 4 months. There should be no plea deals for violent offenders. Does that DA really believe that the new snitch is on the up and up for pity sake.

I can't figure this out. One would think that his victims and the community would be up in arms.

GlitchWizard said:
The new solution to overcrowding of prisons - let them all tell on each other.

If I served on a jury, I certainly would not be giving a convict who got a deal to testify much, if any, credibility. Many convicts commit perjury just to get out. That is hardly a State secret.

California had a three time rapist (his rapes that we know about) locked behind bars for the rest of his life. Why anyone would let this guy out is simply inconceivable to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back