1223 users online (241 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Putin a Freak????

MOSCOW, Russia (Reuters) -- Vladimir Putin's decision to stop a small boy as he walked through the Kremlin and kiss his stomach was prompted by a desire to "touch him like a kitten," the Russian president said on Thursday.

The five-year-old boy, identified as Nikita Konkin by the press, was clearly stunned by the kiss and speculation over Putin's motivation has run wild in the week since it happened.

Curious Internet users propelled the issue to the top of a list of questions put to Putin in an interactive Web cast. ( Watch Putin and the boy -- :45)

"People came up and I began talking to them, among them this little boy. He seemed to me very independent, sure of himself and at the same time defenseless so to speak, an innocent boy and a very nice little boy," Putin told the Web cast.

"I tell you honestly, I just wanted to touch him like a kitten and that desire of mine ended in that act."

Putin then lifted the boy's shirt and kissed him on his stomach. The Russian president then patted the boy on the head and walked off through a crowd of astonished tourists.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html

I saw this in the news the other night, very strange indeed...the statement "desire to touch him like a kitten", is very strange to me...dontcha think?

Dear Lord!! Yes he is a freak, the name alone is enough!

I don't think there was anything sinister behind it, he did it in public. Different cultures have different ways of expressing affection. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the kid said he was hungry, so putin kissed his tummy the way a mother kisses her kids boo-boo's. At least, I HOPE that all there was to it.

If he would have kissed my child's tummy he would be eating concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me
    I don't think there was anything sinister behind it, he did it in public. Different cultures have different ways of expressing affection. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the kid said he was hungry, so putin kissed his tummy the way a mother kisses her kids boo-boo's. At least, I HOPE that all there was to it.

Should have just given the kid a snack! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)

"Nuff said"!

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy

Amen!!

Dear Lord!! Yes he is a freak, the name alone is enough!
    you have something against putin's name!

The first time I heard this story, my first thought was that Putin is a pervert! He's a pedophile who should be watched very carefully and never left around children. No sane, grown, man would ever think:

"....defenseless so to speak, an innocent boy and a very nice little boy," Putin told the Web cast.

"I tell you honestly, I just wanted to touch him like a kitten and that desire of mine ended in that act."

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*serious comments*
    Were his comments translated? Maybe it sounds sinister in translation.
    Or maybe he should be handcuffed (lip cuffed?) next time he goes out in public.

*not serious, really*
    To end ALL this speculation on the internet over his motives, you could blow the picture up a bazillion times and see if he appears... overly... excited over the incident. If not - he was just using poor judgement.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Maybe he was doing impressions to show off and he wanted to show his killer MJ impression.

LOL, this obviously isn't the board to defend this guy.

It's a bit odd, I agree, but on a board where we talk constantly about murder, rape, pedophilia, kidnappings, and other craziness I think we're all just a little pre-disposed to casting a wary eye on someone.

I don't know anything about the Russian culture or the circumstances of this meeting so I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    LOL, this obviously isn't the board to defend this guy.

It's a bit odd, I agree, but on a board where we talk constantly about murder, rape, pedophilia, kidnappings, and other craziness I think we're all just a little pre-disposed to casting a wary eye on someone.

I don't know anything about the Russian culture or the circumstances of this meeting so I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
    I agree. Also what he said about the kid being like a kitten probably is not so odd in Russia compared to how we would interpret it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast