AOL To Announce Services "FREE" To High Speed Users

13th Juror

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Just heard on our local 4 pm news ...

"The Wall Street Journal" is reporting that AOL is going to be offering the full complement of their services, including email, FREE to all of their high speed users.

Those members using dial-up will still have to pay the monthly fees.

I am thrilled to hear this news as I am currently paying on an annual basis for both AOL & MSN .. in addition to my roadrunner acct. with Bright House network. This would mean a savings of about $280.- 300. a year for us. Yippee!!

If any of you guys have AOL as your service provider & a high speed access - you're in for a treat! Check it out! :D :dance:

13th Juror :)

Yay! I have DSL from Verizon but I still use AOL. It's expensive so I'm glad to hear I'll be getting a break!

i had AOL when i first got a computer...took me 3 YEARS to make them stop bugging me when i cancelled! and had to buy a new computer to finally get rid of all the 'free' software and adware and spyware and....

couldnt pay me to use AOL, not free, not no way, not never again.

Mira said:
i had AOL when i first got a computer...took me 3 YEARS to make them stop bugging me when i cancelled! and had to buy a new computer to finally get rid of all the 'free' software and adware and spyware and....

couldnt pay me to use AOL, not free, not no way, not never again.

"couldnt pay me to use AOL, not free, not no way, not never again."

LOL Mira ...

Seriously, I'm really sorry you had so much trouble with your AOL service but, apparently that was quite a while ago when you first started using a computer. Gotta tell ya' - things definitely have changed drastically on the AOL browser & service over the years.

Deleting or 'not accepting' free software, adware & spyware is truly "a piece of cake" these days. You'd be amazed at all the positive changes and features AOL has employed to make your internet experience easier & more enjoyable.

If you have high speed access - you may wish to give AOL another try as long as it's "free". You can always keep your current provider and delete AOL completely if you're not happy with it.

Just a thought .... :)

13th Juror .. :D

i was so computer dumb, i let them give me all that junk, and had no idea how to get rid of it. i also play mmorpg games, and they cant deal with aol.

i got lucky, married a pc technician and he sorted it out...he bought me a new computer <giggle>

from what i heard in my own ear, aol hires cs people on the basis of their obnoxiousness and deafness...they wont answer questions with a straight answer, get all pissy if you are dumb, and at the end, 'is there anything else i can help you with?' in the most patronizing tone. this, after not answering the original question!

that was only 3 years ago. i doubt much has changed...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back