Daydreams

shiloh

Reaction score
The last portion of the 1/1/97 CNN interview is curiously missing from the transcripts which are currently available on the internet, but like a good websleuth, I have a copy from before the days when incriminating statements made by the Ramseys were being edited out.

Towards the end of that interview, Patsy said, "She would ask me, she said, 'Mommy what's the difference in a day and a daydream, and how do you know if a day is real?' and I said, 'Well you just know because you can smell the flowers and see the clouds.'"

Most children don't have any trouble distinguishing between an actual event and a daydream, and I don't believe JonBenet did either. My feeling is that she was being molested for an unknown length of time before 1/26/96, and her tormentor was telling her that it was just a daydream, and that it didn't really happen.

Hi Shiloh! Your first post? Welcome! I have heard and read this comment from Patsy somewhere but don't remember where. I never even thought of this (your) interpretation of Jonbenets words. It seems pretty logical to me. In fact it's the only thing that really makes any sense I guess, since Jonbenet was supposedly a very bright little girl and would know the difference between a day and a daydream and would know if something was real unless told different and totally confused. If this is true, it sounds to me like she wanted to talk to her mom but was afraid to go any further.

Welcome, Shiloh :)

Interesting that Patsy would bring that up. In the same interview she also brought up OJ Simpson and Susan Smith ("the young woman who drove her children into the water") as well as a "lost faith in the American family."

I think Patsy was communicating quite a lot in that interview.

I think JonBenet actually asked: "Mommy what is the difference between you and your psychotic split personalities that show up from time to time?"

But Patsy kind of cleaned it up.

Paradox said:
I think JonBenet actually asked: "Mommy what is the difference between you and your psychotic split personalities that show up from time to time?"

But Patsy kind of cleaned it up.

LOL...That's good!

Welcome, shiloh!

Very interesting observations. I think the day/daydream question is odd. I think there was a lot going on in her short life.

She was not a well woman.

Hi, shiloh. Never crossed my mind.

luvbeaches said:
LOL...That's good!

Welcome, shiloh!

Very interesting observations. I think the day/daydream question is odd. I think there was a lot going on in her short life.
Jonbenet made a lot of strange statements for a six year old...whether she actually spoke these words is anybodies guess...maybe the adults retelling her story have reshaped her words.

I think there is always wild imaginations after a fact has already happened. I do not know what happened, I wasn't there. But there are many that just knows what happened because they post on here as such. Having a hunch or believing such is not fact!
Did I ever tell you about the BIG FISH I caught that got away?
Amy

dingo said:
Jonbenet made a lot of strange statements for a six year old...whether she actually spoke these words is anybodies guess...maybe the adults retelling her story have reshaped her words.

My six year old was just saying last week that she thought even the most primitive cybernetic agent must be able to sense its environment in order to reach its goals....

:dance:

dingo said:

Could be, Dingo, good thinking. Someone claimed JonBenet asked the gardener, "Do roses know their thorns hurt?" Judging by her drawing, I would not think she was unusually intelligent for her age. Maybe a bit introverted because her mom was sick a lot and her father away a lot. OTOH, would a gardener think of such a question?

dingo said:

That could very well be. Patsy seemed very dramatic (an understatement), and I can see her doing that.

Jayelles said:
My six year old was just saying last week that she thought even the most primitive cybernetic agent must be able to sense its environment in order to reach its goals....

:dance:

LOL...that's good.

I was just thinking of some of the things my kids said when they were six...and I don't think they ever asked me anything beyond what's for breakfast/dinner/lunch or could they go outside and play. :)

luvbeaches said:
LOL...that's good.

I was just thinking of some of the things my kids said when they were six...and I don't think they ever asked me anything beyond what's for breakfast/dinner/lunch or could they go outside and play. :)
Of course what she ACTUALLY said was "Yippee it's Scooby Sunday!"

Jayelles said:
Of course what she ACTUALLY said was "Yippee it's Scooby Sunday!"

That cute!!!

I had one kid who thought he could fly. I made the mistake of buying him a Superman outfit one Halloween. He jumped off the balcony, and of course he found out he couldn't fly...thank goodness he landed on a couch! He's an engineer now, and understands why it didn't work! lol

My son when he was 6 yrs old,was into telling me very intelligent,thought provoking riddles ...

Knock,Knock.
Whose there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you gonna laugh at my knock knock joke?
He was into his knock knock joke phase.

And I was pretty pleased with him at that!

Not many six-year-olds ask too many questions...they just talk and talk and talk and talk....

Patsy and Pam Paugh are the true authors of those questions that JonBenet supposedly asked. They believed that that JonBenet was not an ordinary child but a special one. I know parents believe their children are special but Patsy took it to the extreme.

JonBenet's favorite song? "Wherever we go, whatever we do"

JonBenet's favorite game? "Presenting"

And this one is the real doozy: Talking to Judith's daughter (forget her name) "All JonBenet ever wanted was to win a tiara like yours"

The woman was crazy...she believed that JonBenet was not a separate person but an extension of herself.

I believe the daydream question was an actual question that JBR needed to know the answer to, because no one would brag that their child was confused and couldn't understand the difference between actual daytime events and daydreams.

shiloh said:
I believe the daydream question was an actual question that JBR needed to know the answer to, because no one would brag that their child was confused and couldn't understand the difference between actual daytime events and daydreams.
Unless they had a book to write

Toltec said:
Not many six-year-olds ask too many questions...they just talk and talk and talk and talk....

Patsy and Pam Paugh are the true authors of those questions that JonBenet supposedly asked. They believed that that JonBenet was not an ordinary child but a special one. I know parents believe their children are special but Patsy took it to the extreme.

JonBenet's favorite song? "Wherever we go, whatever we do"

JonBenet's favorite game? "Presenting"

And this one is the real doozy: Talking to Judith's daughter (forget her name) "All JonBenet ever wanted was to win a tiara like yours"

The woman was crazy...she believed that JonBenet was not a separate person but an extension of herself.
I think Patsy was definitely crazy, just how crazy is up for speculation.

She was so far removed from what normal is.

The pineapple wall paper is still boggling my mind, what the?

Toltec, do you know what room that was in?

Just curious.
Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member