1220 users online (255 members and 965 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116

    Methinks they doth protest too much

    From Larry King Live, 5/31/00:

    THOMAS: And why would pediatric medical experts that the Boulder Police Department brought into this case swear out, via affidavit, that JonBenet had been subjected to prior vaginal trauma.

    J. RAMSEY: You're lying. You're lying, Steve. That is a lie.

    KING: Wait a minute. You're saying they didn't say that?

    J. RAMSEY: Our pediatrician, who saw JonBenet a dozen times each year for the past three years before this happened, has sworn and testified in public that he saw no evidence of sexual abuse.

    KING: And what was evidence your pediatrician saw?

    THOMAS: Well, my pediatrician, pediatric experts that were brought into this case, a blue ribbon medical panel.

    J. RAMSEY: Who are they, Steve? Can I ask you who they are?

    KING: Said? Said?

    THOMAS: Said that this little girl, prior to the night she died, had been subjected to previous vaginal trauma.

    P. RAMSEY: That is a lie.

    This isn't the only time the Ramseys adamantly deny that JBR was molested at all -- by anybody at any time prior to the night of her death -- and react as if it is a personal accusation when no accusation had been made.

    It is curious to me that instead of seeing this as a valuable clue as to the identity of that ever-elusive intruder, that despicable man who tortured and killed their child, they vehemently deny again and again that she was sexually abused at all by anyone at anytime prior to 1/26/96. It must have been just a daydream.
    Last edited by shiloh; 07-07-2006 at 08:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    I am quite certain that the Ramsey's pediatrician didn't do internal exams and was never looking for signs of sexual abuse.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I am quite certain that the Ramsey's pediatrician didn't do internal exams and was never looking for signs of sexual abuse.
    That's right, no internal exams. Besides, the last vaginal check (external, obviously) was in August 1996, so clearly Dr. Beuf had no way of knowing what may have happened in those last four months, or what internal damage may have existed prior to that.

    Source:
    http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/0910199...cprimetime.htm

    So why do Ramsey supporters keep citing Dr. Beuf as some kind of expert on whether JonBenet was abused or not?
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where the tall corn grows
    Posts
    1,175
    My first thought on this...


    If my daughter was murdered and I knew that I and my spouse didn't do it, and some experts said she had been sex violated, I would want to know this, unless I guess, I was in major denial. If an intruder did this, as they say, and her parents don't know WHO killed her, then why are they adamant (sp) that she was never abused? Doesn't make any sense.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    It is curious to me that instead of seeing this as a valuable clue as to the identity of that ever-elusive intruder, that despicable man who tortured and killed their child, they vehemently deny again and again that she was sexually abused at all by anyone at anytime prior to 1/26/96. It must have been just a daydream.
    It is very curious and very telling. So if she was molested, wouldn't they want to know by whom? Instead they deny it. I would think that any normal parent would want to know...I'd want the SOB found and fried. Of course, this is coming from a family that said, "She was only a little bit molested." Geeze, Nedra, didn't know there was a difference.

    My boys were taking gymnastics from a guy who later turned out to be a molester. By the time the cat was out of the bag, and he was arrested, my kids were no longer taking lessons. I about DIED when I heard this about this guy. We immediately took our kids to professionals. We wanted to make sure this pervert didn't touch our boys...and he didn't, thank God. This, you would think, would be how the R's would react. Their reaction is puzzling at best. When you try and explain away, or dismiss things like this, you have to question the motives of certain people.

    I think Steve Thomas is amazing. I watched that interview and I thought...Thank God someone had the courage to take a stand for that little girl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    You are all very brave souls for revealing what a normal response would be not a manufactured response when one is in denial.This goes a long way in explaining dysfunction and it serves Jonbenet in getting her killer (s) out in the open.No one should ever forget that this little girl deserved the right to life and not be subjected to molestation even if it was called a little. That part burns my butt....there is no little to a child!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    You are all very brave souls for revealing what a normal response would be not a manufactured response when one is in denial.This goes a long way in explaining dysfunction and it serves Jonbenet in getting her killer (s) out in the open.No one should ever forget that this little girl deserved the right to life and not be subjected to molestation even if it was called a little. That part burns my butt....there is no little to a child!!!!
    You are so right CP! The damage done to a victim is forever. I was molested only one time, and I was twice as old as JB, I was 13, but it still haunts me...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    That part burns my butt....there is no little to a child!!!!
    Exactly. And when Nedra said this...I remember thinking...what is she talking about? It's okay because she was only molested a "little" bit. Nah, if you really listen to what they are saying...they are saying a lot. They are trying to cover up too many things that normal grieving parents would want answers for.

    Let's just hop in our little private jet and get the heck out of Dodge. Life goes on...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    You are so right CP! The damage done to a victim is forever. I was molested only one time, and I was twice as old as JB, I was 13, but it still haunts me...


    I'm so sorry.

    And for them to trivialize this, makes you have to wonder why.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    Exactly. And when Nedra said this...I remember thinking...what is she talking about? It's okay because she was only molested a "little" bit. Nah, if you really listen to what they are saying...they are saying a lot. They are trying to cover up too many things that normal grieving parents would want answers for.

    Let's just hop in our little private jet and get the heck out of Dodge. Life goes on...
    It won't happen for me and a lot of others. The fact that a forum for Jonbenet is up and running after all these years is a testament to what the real world thinks about this case and her, particulary.Yes, we are a lot of victims but we never want this to happen to another ever.

    Children are our focus...they have to be.We have to continue to educate about these crimes so someone reads and understands and the cycle is broken.If no one ever told you about dysfunction than you would think it the norm or at least norm for your family. If it felt icky and no one told you that you are OK and others are wrong...the confusion level reaches all time heights.

    Manipulation and control is not love.

    .


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    I'm so sorry.

    And for them to trivialize this, makes you have to wonder why.
    Thank-you lb, and Super Dave and all the people who have expressed concern for me. I'm able to cope much better now, but the horrible memories are still there when I think of them. This is why I've begun telling my story on the internet, to get justice for those who can't do it for themselves. People (like Nedra) need to be educated on just how damaging this kind of abuse is, there is no "little bit"!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Thank-you lb, and Super Dave and all the people who have expressed concern for me. I'm able to cope much better now, but the horrible memories are still there when I think of them. This is why I've begun telling my story on the internet, to get justice for those who can't do it for themselves. People (like Nedra) need to be educated on just how damaging this kind of abuse is, there is no "little bit"!
    And thank you for doing this. Educating people is a powerful tool.


    As for Nedra, I always thought that she minimized JonBenet's violation because she knew what happened. Trying to downplay it....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Children are our focus...they have to be.We have to continue to educate about these crimes so someone reads and understands and the cycle is broken.
    That is so true.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    It is very curious and very telling. So if she was molested, wouldn't they want to know by whom? Instead they deny it. I would think that any normal parent would want to know...I'd want the SOB found and fried. Of course, this is coming from a family that said, "She was only a little bit molested." Geeze, Nedra, didn't know there was a difference.
    I don't believe that Nedra would call the abuse JBR suffered "a little bit" if she thought if she thought for a moment that it was the work of an intruder. She would be incensed if she had half a brain. Instead, she downplays it. It was just a small cord as well, Nedra, and a tiny broken paintbrush, but that doesn't make it okay or any better.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    As for Nedra, I always thought that she minimized JonBenet's violation because she knew what happened. Trying to downplay it....
    She might have known that her own husband abused Patsy and was in denial. My mother was 30 seconds after I told her- I could see a look in her eyes like a curtain came down i.e., "Not MY brother!"
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Sheep Protest!
    By ctkid in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM
  2. Man Eats Dog As A Protest In Britain
    By White Rain in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
  3. A Protest Message
    By Tricia in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 01:51 PM