882 users online (165 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - 4-year-old survives 11-story fall

ALBANY, N.Y. A 4-year-old boy survived a fall from an 11-story window Friday after being left alone at home, bouncing off a metal awning into a concrete courtyard and then trying to stand up, officials said. He was able to chat with doctors.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4032940.html

I posted this article here since his mom has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

Bless his little heart. amazing he survived.

useless, wretched mother!

Cool

Who in the world would leave a 4 year old alone......
    Another person that shouldn't have kids.......

The 21 year old mother works as a receptionist at the same unit in the hospital where her son is now being cared for!

WHY on earth was a 4 year old home alone???????? This could just as easily have happened if an adult was there, but the fact that this FOUR YEAR OLD CHILD was alone makes my blood boil! Lock that mother up~!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I was not surprised that she was charged with endangering a child, but the protective order keeping her away from him surprises me. That's unusual in cases where a child has been left home alone, isn't it?

I don't know if it's unusual, but I find it highly appropriate.

This is nothing short of a miracle! 11 stories and his guardian angel caught him 12 feet from the ground! My goodness.....so glad he is going to be OK.

As for the mom, the article mentioned that she had stated he was left with a sitter...I wonder if he was...the article didn't state if that was found to be untrue... If not and she just left him alone, well the, imo, she needs to have her head examined and then some...
    ~*~Think Globally, Act Locally! Please Recycle! ~*~

poor little boy.

a girlfriend of mine left her 3 kids (3, 5 and 7) in the care of a sweet lady neighbor, a grama type, while she worked. she came home sick about 45 minutes early one night, (about 11 at night) and found the children alone playing in the living room. while she fumed, and got the babies to bed, in comes the nice lady, from her house. she had left the younguns alone watching tv, hours before, and gone home, 2 doors down.

we are pretty sure she had been doing this all along, and coming back to kim's just before she got home.

i kept the kids for a couple months till she found a good babysitter.

stuff like that happens.

When my boys were four and six I left them with a licensed sitter while I worked. One absolutely frigid day in January I found them sitting on the front porch shivering and locked out of the house...not another soul to be found anyplace. They had no idea how long they'd been out there alone but it had to be a long while, they were icicles.

The next sitter, who came highly recommended, locked the boys her dark, dog poop filled basement for long periods of the day and never fed them anything but dry Cheerios for lunch. After learning this, I quit my job and stayed home.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Elizabeth Burciaga left her sleeping 4-year-old son alone before dawn on Friday because she was afraid her boyfriend was with another woman, according to a statement she gave police...

...In her statement, Burciaga said she invited her boyfriend to her apartment at about 3 a.m. Friday night, but he said he was celebrating his birthday with friends at his Hawk Street home. So he invited her, instead, to join him. She said she couldn't because of her son.
    "Then (he) told me to just stay home," Burciaga told Albany police Detective Arthur Shade in the two-page document. "But I heard a girl in the background. ... I called him back and said I had a baby sitter. ... But I lied to him. I told him I had a baby sitter so I could see him..."

http://tinyurl.com/zxn5b

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...006&TextPage=1

This is the same URL as above. From the article:

The child remains in serious condition with head and internal injuries and possible brain damage, officials said Saturday. But he is alive, said District Attorney David Soares: "His name, on the street, should be 'Lucky.' "

Soares said he hopes to pursue felony charges in the case.

The child's biological father, Hasiem Townsend Sr., 22, is serving up to four years in prison, he said. Burciaga is a receptionist at Albany Medical Center by day and a stripper by night, he said. "We are combing the books to make the case for reckless endangerment," Soares said.
    *Snip*
    "My son would stand on the bed and look out the window before this, but I was always there and I would tell him not to do it if I wasn't there," she said. "I asked Hasiem in the hospital, 'Why did you look out the window?' and he said because he was looking for mommy."

This woman left her 4 year old home alone in the wee hours of the morning so she could go check and see if her boyfriend was cheating on her?????? Are you KIDDING ME???? This story just got SO much worse. She lied about having a sitter. I wonder who watched him while she worked during the day as a receptionist, and late at night as a stripper?

Does she get to keep custody of the child? The judge rejected the restraining order keeping her away from her son. She has no where to live now because she was renting the place illegally, and her little boy is in the hospital with broken limbs and possible brain damage. All because she was worried about some boyfriend cheating on her. It makes me sick.
    LOCK HER UP!

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    *Snip*
    "I asked Hasiem in the hospital, 'Why did you look out the window?' and he said because he was looking for mommy."
    That part just breaks my heart...poor little guy...he was probably scared...
    All of this over a guy???? Locking her up is just not good enough! What a dumba$$!
    I wish they would soon start requiring a license to have children...
    ~*~Think Globally, Act Locally! Please Recycle! ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap
    Who in the world would leave a 4 year old alone......
    Another person that shouldn't have kids.......
    I was home alone from the time I was able to microwave a bowl of spaghettios at almost 4 years old. This was obviously a long time ago (I'm 38) and Mom was a single Mom needing to work and couldn't afford a sitter. I put my fist through a glass window 2 stories up, stepped on a needle in the sewing room and put it in my foot, I got all the bottles of liquor down and lined a room with them as part of a scene from a play I was making up (and I drank gin and pepsi that day until I fell asleep) I fell from a 30 foot tree and landed on plywood so I was okay, and met up with an unsavory character that I talked out of hurting me. As I got older, I caught poisonous snakes, shot bbguns at my friends in bbgun wars, I got stuck in a mud bog that I thought was quicksand, and my brother fell from a huge tree onto a chain link fence and I called the ambulance. The note I left for my Mom? "Robbie went to the hospital in an ambulance. I'm out riding my bike."

Mom still has that note. She didn't get it until she got home that night.

My kid still isn't left alone, and she is 14. It's just not safe and I was lucky.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    I got all the bottles of liquor down and lined a room with them as part of a scene from a play I was making up (and I drank gin and pepsi that day until I fell asleep) I fell from a 30 foot tree and landed on plywood so I was okay.. (snipped)
    Well, don't that 'splain a lot.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    I was home alone from the time I was able to microwave a bowl of spaghettios at almost 4 years old. This was obviously a long time ago (I'm 38) and Mom was a single Mom needing to work and couldn't afford a sitter. I put my fist through a glass window 2 stories up, stepped on a needle in the sewing room and put it in my foot, I got all the bottles of liquor down and lined a room with them as part of a scene from a play I was making up (and I drank gin and pepsi that day until I fell asleep) I fell from a 30 foot tree and landed on plywood so I was okay, and met up with an unsavory character that I talked out of hurting me. As I got older, I caught poisonous snakes, shot bbguns at my friends in bbgun wars, I got stuck in a mud bog that I thought was quicksand, and my brother fell from a huge tree onto a chain link fence and I called the ambulance. The note I left for my Mom? "Robbie went to the hospital in an ambulance. I'm out riding my bike."

Mom still has that note. She didn't get it until she got home that night.

My kid still isn't left alone, and she is 14. It's just not safe and I was lucky.
    Your so lucky to be alive......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast