SD SD - St. Onge, UnkMale 20-25, 398UMSD, overbite, clothes, Sz9 tennis shoes, Feb'00

anthrobones

Reaction score
Unidentified Native Male
  • Located on February 19, 2000 in Lawrence County, South Dakota.
  • Manner of death was homicide. The victim had died from multiple gunshot wounds to the body and head.
  • Skeletal remains.
  • Death estimated to have occurred in September of 1999.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7" - 5'10"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark hair.
  • Dentals: No dental work and he had a noticeable overbite.
  • Clothing: A XL Britannia purple and blue striped button-up shirt with short sleeves, size 9 Spaulding tennis shoes, a worn, brown leather belt with a worn, oblong silver buckle (1x2 in. with an inset area in the front which may have held a mount of some type), a XL Bill Blass spring jacket with green and purple horizontal stripes, Wrangler blue jeans of unknown size, tan-colored Stubbies swimming trunks and white Hanes underwear, size 30.

Case History
On February 19, 2000 the skeletal remains of an unidentified Native American male were found in a reclaimed landfill in rural Lawrence County, South Dakota. It appeared that the suspect(s) attempted to hide the victim using pieces of scrap lumber found on site. The body was fully clothed at the time of discovery.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/398umsd.html
398UMSD.jpg

one thing I find is that if the UID is listed as Native American, there is almost never any closure to the case.

I have no facts to back this up, but I suspect Native Americans don't report the goings on of their tribes to the outside authorities so the rest of us have no clue who might be missing from their communties.

This thread needs attention. It's the only unidentified person in the entire state. Let's make it a zero. It might be very difficult given the circumstances, however.

bumping for John Doe - this year is 18 years...

"Authorities say genealogy is bringing them closer to identifying the remains of a man found killed in Lawrence County in 2000.

A press release from Lawrence County State's Attorney John Fitzgerald said authorities are working on the case with forensic genealogist Colleen Fitzpatrick, whose firm IdentiFinders helped solve a 51-year-old murder case in Rapid City earlier this year...

The release said that over the past year, higher-quality DNA samples from the victim have been compared to samples from genealogical databases, linking second, third and fourth cousins to the victim. Additional tests are underway to determine closer links, the release said, with an eventual goal of identifying the victim — the first step in solving the murder."

Authorities say genealogy could help solve a Lawrence County cold case

Doe Network states
DNA results found 51% European heritage and 43% North & Central American heritage
I'm not very knowledgeable on DNA, do these results fit the profile of someone who is Native American?

Rule Outs as of March 9th 2022

Patrick Ghering October 13, 1997 Gillette WY

Last edited:
Doe Network states

I'm not very knowledgeable on DNA, do these results fit the profile of someone who is Native American?

Rule Outs as of March 9th 2022

Patrick Ghering October 13, 1997 Gillette WY
Someone who is likely indigenous or Hispanic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back