1281 users online (236 members and 1045 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Has anyone found out anything yet in regards to if this was Melody?
    HaLeigh, Where are you ?

Has anyone had any updates as to if the UID was in fact Melody?

I live about 5 miles from where she was found. I moved here not too long ago and this sorta creeps me out!
    Love is a wild animal
    It breathes you it looks for you
    It nests upon broken hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post

Snipped

There were some indications that she may have come to the area from out of state. Some reports had it that she had been asking for a ride to North Carolina over a CB radio, possibly from the Pinville area.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    This is confusing to me. I noticed one person thought it meant she was asking for a ride to NC over a CB radio and she was calling from the Pinville Area.

I thought it meant she was asking for a ride to NC and she was possibly from the Pineville area of NC. That is a town near Charlotte, Matthews, Mint Hill NC. Spelled with an E and the Doe Network had it without an E so are these two different areas? Pinville in Ky and Pineville in NC?
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

This freaked me out-I had a friend in WV , her "husband" killed her, put her in a refrigerator, drove right past a security guard ,and pushed her over the highwall. He was caught, and is in prison now. Still very eerie.
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel

I know that due to the date reported missing, this potential may be incorrect but IMO Elizabeth Crawford has striking similarities to this Doe...thoughts?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/517dfsc.html
    The Doe Network:
    Case File 517DFSC

Left and Center: Crawford circa 1986; Right: Age-Progression

Elizabeth Noleeka Crawford
    Missing since July 16, 1986 from Simpsonville, Greenville County, South Carolina.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 11, 1952
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 125 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair which was frosted blonde at the time of her disappearance.
    Marks, Scars: Scar on the abdomen from a hysterectomy operation; 2 moles on left side of the face
    Nickname: Libby
    Dentals: She has a dark front tooth.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    On the evening of July 16, 1986 Ms. Elizabeth Crawford received a telephone call at her home at 108 Cherrywood Mobile Home Park in Simpsonville, SC. After receiving this phone call, Ms. Crawford told her son she was going to a friend's house and would be back soon. Ms. Crawford never arrived at the friends house. This was at 22.30 and she has not been seen since.

The Simpsonville Police Department have witnesses who state they saw Ms. Crawford two days after the disappearance in the company of a white male outside the Ingles in Simpsonville.
    On July 19, 1986, Ms. Crawford's 1978 Chevrolet Malibu, 2 door was found abandoned in Fountain Inn on Georgia Street in front of Wilson Sporting Goods, five miles from her home.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Simpsonville Police Department
    G R Bobo
    864-967-9536

NCIC Number:
    M-687663832
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Greenville County Sheriff's Office
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pearly View Post
    I know that due to the date reported missing, this potential may be incorrect but IMO Elizabeth Crawford has striking similarities to this Doe...thoughts?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/517dfsc.html
    The Doe Network:
    Case File 517DFSC

Left and Center: Crawford circa 1986; Right: Age-Progression

Elizabeth Noleeka Crawford
    Missing since July 16, 1986 from Simpsonville, Greenville County, South Carolina.
    Setting aside the DLC / Date of Discovery discrepancy, she looks somewhat similar, but I don't think she is this Jane Doe. Her head is more narrowly shaped at the temples, and her teeth are slightly uneven in front. I don't see that with the Jane Doe.

Also, her two front teeth don't sit ahead of the others in the same way as the Jane Doe's teeth do.

There is a Pineville about 25 miles down 25 in ky
    Love is a wild animal
    It breathes you it looks for you
    It nests upon broken hearts.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered Valerie Larkin?

She disappeared sometime between February - May 1985. She had a large chip in one of her front teeth. She was traveling to Virginia from California (but lost her bus ticket so her parents wired her $).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_valerie.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good guess, traacker13, because Valerie Larkin is on the rule out list on this Jane Doe's NAMUS page. Keep looking!

https://identifyus.org/cases/82

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Good guess, traacker13, because Valerie Larkin is on the rule out list on this Jane Doe's NAMUS page. Keep looking!

https://identifyus.org/cases/82
    Darn, I knew I should have checked NAMUS first. Thanks!!!

She seemed like an absolute match to me when I reviewed the details...I wonder what she was ruled out on.

I am curious if Melody has been ruled out. She looked like a pretty good match!

I know none of the demographics match up, but I wonder if Kerry Lynelle Johnson was ever ruled out as being this decedent:

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/kerry-lynelle-johnson/

Quote Originally Posted by traacker13 View Post
    I know none of the demographics match up, but I wonder if Kerry Lynelle Johnson was ever ruled out as being this decedent:

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/kerry-lynelle-johnson/
    Biggest issue is Kerry is 5'8" and the UID is 4'11".

This case bothers me. I was a child (a month away from 6) at the time she was found and didn't know anything about "hitchhiking hookers" (no offense to the victim; just a cool phrase I learned from Aileen Wuornos) when she was found.
    But I (as many who are reading this) have seen the pic of her. While it may look like she's just got a hangover, she was just suffocated in a dark old refrigerator! There are worse sickos out there, but that sound like a HORRIBLE way to die. The fact that she still doesn't have a name makes it all the more worse.
    I hope that SOMETHING (learning who killed her or at least who she really was) happens for this poor soul before long. She may very well not have been a great person, but she was indeed a person.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast