Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/482uftn.html

482UFTN2.jpg

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on April 3, 1985 in Campbell County, Tennessee
  • Estimated Date of Death: Between one year to 18 months prior to discovery
  • Partial skeletal remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 9-15 years old
  • Clothing: There were a pair of boots recovered that were size 5, but they may not belong to the victim.
  • Dentals: Available</B>
Case History
The victim was located in Campbell County, Tennessee on April 3, 1985.

Unidentified White Female
The victim was discovered on April 3, 1985 in Campbell County, Tennessee
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 4 years prior
Partial skeletal remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 9-15 years old
Clothing: There were a pair of boots recovered that were size 5, but they may not belong to the victim.
Jewelry: Necklace, Bracelet
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Pending

Case History

The victim was located in Campbell County, Tennessee on April 3, 1985.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact:

University of TN Forensic Anthropology Center
Lee Jantz
865-974-4408

Email: ljantz@utk.edu

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case #:UT85-6F

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Joanna J. Hughes | Forensic Artist
NCMEC
UDRS
The Doe Network: Case File 482UFTN

Updated LINK:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/482uftn.html

Here is a list of missing children to consider:
Sarah Avon, Tammy Belanger, Tracy Byrd, Debra Cole, Amy Fandel, Christine Farni, Ann Gotlib, Raylene Helsley, Holly Hughes, Tricia Kellett, Charlotte Kinsey, Marjorie Luna, Sherry Marler, Toni McNatt-Chiappetta, Elizabeth Miller, Colleen Orsborn, Cindy Pallett, Tiffany Papesh, Dean Pyle Peters, Emma Vaughn.
I underlined the ones I thought were closer matches and put in bold the three I believe look most similar to the reconstruction.
Without more information, it's very difficult to find a match. Any unusual teeth? Any gaps? I wish there was more information about this child.

Sherry Marler was 13 years old when she went missing on June 6, 1984, from Greenville, Alabama. This is about 400 miles south of Campbell County, TN.

Raylene Helsey was also 13 years old when she went missing on January 5, 1983, from Ruston, LA. LE believe she was killed by her father and buried close to home. He claims she ran away after he admittedly beat her.

Charolette Kinsey was 13 years old when she went missing on September 26, 1981 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She went missing with a friend after they attended a carnival. She had silver caps on her lower front teeth, so she could be ruled out easily if there were more information about this Jane Doe.

Our local news had this story, they have managed to do a facial reconstruction from some remains found 23 years ago. Investigators estimate this girl was 11 to 13 years old in 1984. The bones had been in the elements for a year at the time, which puts her born somewhere 1971-1973 according to their estimates. This girl would have been a year or two younger than me.

I thought I would post it here in case any of you guys have any thoughts.

Skeletal mystery: TBI seeks help in identifying girl

0716missign-girl1_t600.jpg

0716missign-girl2_t600.jpg

The article says "Found with the remains were a bracelet, plastic buttons and some scraps of clothing."

Compare to: http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NCMC1087299c1.jpg

[SIZE=+1]ELLEN LINDA AKERS[/SIZE]
Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
DOB: Feb 26, 1966
Sex:
Female
Missing Date: Apr 19, 1981
Race: White
Age Now:
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Missing City: ORMOND BEACH
Weight:
125 lbs (57 kg)
Missing State :
FL
Hair Color:
Blonde
Missing Country:
United States
Eye Color:
Green
Case Number:
NCMC1087299
Circumstances: Ellen was last seen on April 19, 1981.

I can't believe how much the bust looks like Sherry Marler.

I did call in a possible match of Raylene Hensley with this unidentified girl and was told that it is not a match.

Had some contact with LE. Sent in three names, Raylene Helsley, Sherry Marler and Charlotte Kinsey. The reply was that two were eliminated and the third needed to be looked at. So if one of those eliminated was Raylene, who's the other one? I sure think the composite looks like Sherry. Now we just wait and see on this one.

Duplicate thread w/ "Unidentified White Female, 1985 Texas connection? "

Should we try to get these 2 threads merged?

Has Ellen Linda Akers been eliminated as a possible match to the reconstruction of this victim located in April, 1985 in Tennessee? I see in the post above that her description is listed but do not see any updates after that. Both Ellen and the reconstruction are very similar in appearance.

Has Ellen Linda Akers been eliminated as a possible match to the reconstruction of this victim located in April, 1985 in Tennessee? I see in the post above that her description is listed but do not see any updates after that. Both Ellen and the reconstruction are very similar in appearance.

Hi Intuition, I can't find where Ellen has been eliminated in either this thread or the other one. I haven't seen any new updates on this case at all recently here in TX.

I turned in Ellen Akers as a possible match back in June 2008 to the e-mail address on the doenetwork but I never heard anything back.

Jules190osu,

Try and contact Rocky Wells with the Doe Network, he will respond back to you within a few days. (his email is in the contact info on their website) I actually turned in Cherie Mahan from PA on this UID and Rocky told me she was already ruled out.
Good Luck!!

Chaddylex :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee