Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I re-read this whole thread, I feel like this one is solvable. I'm new to this, so bear with me.
    According to NamUs, the list of exclusions is as follows:
    Tracy Byrd
    Debra Cole
    Melinda Creech
    Ruth Ann Fields
    Melanie Flynn
    Rachael Garden
    Ann Gotlib
    Mary Ann Hogland-McCluskey
    Barbra Jean Hunt
    Tiffany Papesh
    Kristi Vorak

This leaves the following people posters have mentioned before, that have gone missing between 1979-1984
    Sarah Avon
    Tammy Belanger
    Raylene Helsley
    Holly Hughes
    Tricia Kellett
    Charlotte Kinsey
    Marjorie Luna
    Sherry Marler
    Toni McNatt-Chiappetta
    Elizabeth Miller
    Colleen Orsborn
    Cinda Pallett
    Dean Pyle Peters
    Emma Vaughn

Based on the dentals, I think we could rule out Charlotte Kinsey, because it says that she had silver caps on her lower front teeth. The Doe appears to have unaltered teeth in that location.
    Emma Vaughn also had extensive dental work, where as the teeth that the doe had remaining were relatively in tact.... would it be fair to rule her out too?
    It also says that Cinda Pallett had broken her collarbone, and the Doe seems to have had no previous broken bones. Both the NamUs page and the Doe Network page makes no reference to broken bones. Then again, not all the bones were recovered.
    I'm also kind of leaning towards the fact that Sarah Avon, Tammy Belanger,Tricia Kellett, and Marjorie Luna would be too young to be this Doe, JMHO.
    Any thoughts on any of this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCD For This Useful Post:

I read this story and had a disturbing thought. I wonder how many children are murdered by their own parents/caregivers and it is never reported.

I also do not understand, in this day and age of such advanced technology in this great country, we cannot come up with a database to input all of this info. I know there are people who would gladly volunteer their time to gather and input the information. I wish I was a billionaire. It would be my life's work, I tell ya.
    John 3:16

Everyday it is my fervent prayer that these cases are solved

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

From what I've seen Tricia Kellett may be safe to rule out also, since she had a significant gap between her front teeth. Do we know that much about the teeth to know what their positioning is? I know we've already said she may well be too young to be the Doe, but I thought I'd throw it out anyway. Dean Pyle Peters bears some resemblance to the Doe, but her distance makes me doubt that she is the one found. Dean disappeared from Michigan, which is quite a distance from Tennessee. I still keep going back to Raylene Helsley even though those lie detector tests said she was likely buried a mile and 1/2 from her home... although it's strange that she's never been found if she's that close. The fact that she was said to be buried has made doubt that the Doe is her, but the boots again made me ponder today. Raylene was said to be 4'11", or in one report they said 5'0" in height, and the average shoe size for a girl 5'0" tall, I believe, is about a size 5. Assuming the boots do belong to the Doe, they would be about her size.

Another one that I never really considered until a couple of nights ago was Sherry Marler. When taking another look, I did see a little bit of resemblance to the Doe in the eyes and nose region, plus there's the matter that she lived in Alabama, which would put her in closer proximity to where the Doe was found than many of the other candidates. There's a quick reflection of what I've gathered after looking into everyone again.

Given where the bones were found, and in close proximity to a major freeway running northeast-south (75), this child could be from several areas. However, Big Wheel Gap Road does not connect directly to the highway and I could not find a good map to compare. Otherwise, the area where she was found is well up a very long, fairly unihabited road. Doenetwork is very frustrating at times. I love the "located by a passerby 200 yards off Big Wheel.." really? a passerby? LOL Someone taking a pee perhaps? Long way off the road for a pee. A picture of the necklace and bracelet would be nice. A color (if any) of the "scraps of clothes" would be nice.
    Last edited by Anubis; 10-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Just wondering I do not see Karen Reinert listed as a possible. She went missing in 1979. PA is not that far from Tennesse. I am not sure if KAren has dentals available.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcasedetective View Post
    I'm new to this whole UID thing, but how accurate are these facial reconstructions...because I can't see a resemblance between her and Raylene at all...could be just me though
    Accurate to 90% most of the time. However, not admissible in trial as expert testimony. I have seen reconstructions done that were amazingly close to the real victim.

It would be great if the FBI had a DNA database for parents of missing persons. That way it would be just a matter of inputting DNA results from the unidentified into the database for comparison (obviously on cases where DNA has been determined).

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmillwood View Post
    Just wondering I do not see Karen Reinert listed as a possible. She went missing in 1979. PA is not that far from Tennesse. I am not sure if KAren has dentals available.
    Just a thought.
    Warren County NJ Authorities are currently trying to get identifiers on Karen Reinert to compare to Princess Doe (DoeNet Case 36UFNJ). AFAIK, they are still waiting. But Lt. Spiers (the investigator in charge of Princess Doe case) told me that he would let me know if he gets any info on her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    It would be great if the FBI had a DNA database for parents of missing persons. That way it would be just a matter of inputting DNA results from the unidentified into the database for comparison (obviously on cases where DNA has been determined).
    I agree 100%. I think we could get a lot of Does claimed that way.

sorry, aprilmillwood, I was just compiling a list based on what had been thrown out there already.

I also have a gut feeling that this doe was never reported missing. I'm not going to give up the fact that she may be listed somewhere...she deserves to have a name

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    There is such a system. It's called CODIS. CODIS has been credited with the resolution of thousands of crimes and missing persons cases. (See Link).

http://dna.devis.com/solving-crimes/...asesaid/codis/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Doenetwork now says the necklace and bracelet were made of plastic buttons.
    If it looks like a homemade necklace, I think they should definitely post pictures of it!

I spent hours as a kid playing with my grandmother's button jar, which later became my mother's button jar. This is not an uncommon experience. If a kid made a necklace from that jar, chances are I would recognise several of the more distinctive buttons, especially since they would probably have been ones that also appealed to me as a kid. I suspect many women would be able to recognise a necklace made by a child from the contents of a button jar they are familiar with.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to reasypeasy For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    bump ..
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

here is the Namus link for the UID:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1577

Peggy Rahn's name is not on the rule out list. Tamar gave no indication whether she submitted the possible match.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:

I did not see a link to Namus for this UID so here it is:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1577

since CCD listed the rule-outs in october 2010, Sherry Marler has been added to the list of rule-outs.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:

Just another quick update - Donna Barnhill has been added to the list of NAMUS rule outs. I also re-read the whole thread and a member said she had called in Raylene Helsley and she had been ruled out - can anyone else confirm that?

That being said, I think we are down to the following:
    Ellen Akers
    Sarah Avon
    Tammy Belanger
    Charlotte Kinsey
    Marjorie Luna
    Toni McNatt-Chiappetta
    Elizabeth Miller
    Cinda Pallett
    Dean Pyle Peters
    Karen Reinert
    Emma Vaughn