1007 users online (166 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Sarah Walker, 40, stabbed to death in McKinney model home, 8 July 2006

McKINNEY -- Police today continued to investigate why and how someone beat and fatally stabbed a 40-year-old house saleswoman in a McKinney model home...Sarah Anne Walker was stabbed more than 25 times over her upper body...

http://tinyurl.com/kchqe

Women who are at these homes seem so vulnerable, anybody can come walking in and attack them. Very sad.

Old Broad
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

This isn't the first time I've heard of a female Realtor being attacked while showing a house. It seems like the perfect setup for a rapist.

TX - Sarah Walker, 40, McKinney, 8 July 2006 - Chanthankoummane death penalty

http://www.dallasnews.com

http://www.nbc5i.com/index.html video and pictures at link

Police search for clues in saleswoman's slaying
    McKinney: 40-year-old stabbed multiple times in community's model home

12:00 AM CDT on Monday, July 10, 2006

By BRANDON FORMBY / The Dallas Morning News

As police investigated why and how someone beat and fatally stabbed a 40-year-old house saleswoman in a McKinney model home, her former husband was dealing with another question:

How do you tell a 4-year-old boy his mother is dead?

"I've been trying to contact a grief counselor," Randy Tate said Sunday, the day after Sarah Anne Walker's death. "I don't even know how to do it. That's the hardest part."

Mr. Tate had picked up the couple's son, Josh, from Ms. Walker's Frisco home Saturday morning before she headed to work as a D.R. Horton sales representative at a model home in The Hemingway at Craig Ranch community of town homes in McKinney.

By 1:30 p.m., a couple visiting the show home in the 5700 block of Conch Train Road found Ms. Walker's fully clothed body face down in the kitchen. McKinney police think she had been killed around noon.

Capt. Randy Roland said Ms. Walker was stabbed 27 times all over her upper body. Many of her wounds were defensive, meaning she put up a fight, Capt. Roland said.

"There was a pretty brutal crime scene in the bottom part of the model home," he said. "There was a struggle throughout the downstairs."

Capt. Roland said it was only the second slaying this year in the Collin County city of more than 100,000 people.

Sunday morning, crime scene tape and squad cars surrounded the home in a still-developing neighborhood that sits near a sprawling field and overlooks a sea of rooftops.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE PLEASE
    Last edited by KateB; 07-08-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Early in my career, I spent my time down on the tracts selling homes and this was always one of my biggest fears. It doesn't take long for someone to know your pattern.
    I know a couple posters on here do this kind of work..so to them..BE CAREFUL!

but 27 stab wounds? Sounds like passion and someone that knew her.

a hop, skip & a jump from Texas Motor Speedway
    This case really bothers me and I don't know why. The police say they have no leads, friends say she had no enemy's but to be stabbed that many times and nothing was taken including her very nice car which I saw being towed off on the news.

I hope they find who did this to her and fast - this is too close to home and disturbs me.

One story I read said she just got divorced in November, I wonder if she had been dating since then???

So sad!!!

new home sales

I am in new home sales and that is why this has really hit me. This was emailed out to all of our female associates. Sometimes we don't get out of our models until dark... it can be scary. I refuse to show a home after dark!

Indallas, I was also wondering if she was dating anyone. I think this was someone that knew her, and planned. To be stabbed 27 time! Someone was very angry!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeHater
    I am in new home sales and that is why this has really hit me. This was emailed out to all of our female associates. Sometimes we don't get out of our models until dark... it can be scary. I refuse to show a home after dark!

Indallas, I was also wondering if she was dating anyone. I think this was someone that knew her, and planned. To be stabbed 27 time! Someone was very angry!
    Be CAREFUL!!!

I agree, it sounds like someone was very angry at her and probably knew her, of course my first thought was the ex-husband but she dropped off her son with him before she went to work on Saturday..........I hope it doesn't turn out to be the ex-husband.

Another thought was that maybe a transient was sleeping in the house and she came upon them when she got there Saturday morning.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/9490502/detail.html

Just some different scraps of information. She was the mother of two, according to this. And, "According to her family, she was thrown down a flight of stairs in November after crooks broke into her apartment."

Sarah’s family says developer D.R. Horton owes their sister tens of thousands of dollars, but they were told due to the fact Sarah is no longer an employee, due to her death, she will not be paid for her work.

Video at this link, too, with husband answering questions.
    http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_...192220250.html

Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    Sarah’s family says developer D.R. Horton owes their sister tens of thousands of dollars, but they were told due to the fact Sarah is no longer an employee, due to her death, she will not be paid for her work.

Video at this link, too, with husband answering questions.
    http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_...192220250.html
    The article must have been updated. Horton representative said all benefits will be paid to her beneficiary. I work with employees of D.R Horton now and then....good company. This is a terrible tragedy.

For all of us that work on site it is a fear that is ever present. During the week it is always active w/ contractors and such but Sundays are scary. That is the "home alone" day.

I hope they catch Sarah's killer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeHater
    It is thought Sarah Anne Walker was killed around about noon. daylight is not a protection.

the following is a well known (in Britain) case regarding the disappearance of an estate agent:

Missing Estate agent: Suzy Lamplugh

The last clue to her whereabouts was an appointment to show a house in Shorrolds Road to someone she referred to as "Mr Kipper".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Lamplugh

'Mr Kipper' has never been found. the meeting was arranged for 12.45.

Suzy has never been found.

real estate is very dangerous, no matter what time of day.

The Suzy Lamplugh Trust is, sadly, celebrating it's 20th anniversary: Suzy has been missing for 20 years now.

The Suzy Lamplugh Trust is the only UK charity entirely devoted to providing everyone in society with the practical support and guidance they need to reduce their fear of crime and develop skills and strategies for keeping themselves safe.

http://www.suzylamplugh.org/home/index.shtml

I've never forgotten this case.

Last night on Greta, Dr. Baden said it will be interesting to see if the stab wounds were made before or after her death. He said if they were made post mortem it shows anger and she probably knew him. I guess killers that don't know the victim don't usually keep damaging the corpse.

Scandi

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Last night on Greta, Dr. Baden said it will be interesting to see if the stab wounds were made before or after her death. He said if they were made post mortem it shows anger and she probably knew him. I guess killers that don't know the victim don't usually keep damaging the corpse.

Scandi
    I heard that too and found it very interesting. In fact, I got more information from Greta's show then I have on our local news.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast