GUILTY TX - Ashton Glover, 16, Sugar Land, 6 July 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
Girl, 16, who disappeared Friday night still missing
...Ashton Glover, 16, was last seen about 11 p.m. near University and Commonwealth when she got into a white Toyota pickup with an unknown man, Texas Equu- Search officials said Sunday...

...Her vehicle, a burgundy 2000 Ford Ranger pickup, license number 02G-NZ1, also is missing...
Ashton Glover​
M_IMAGE.10c152b4e38.93.88.fa.d0.3f4b2356.jpg
M_IMAGE.10c152b4e38.93.88.fa.d0.403b8c8d.jpg
Her truck is also missing.​

From the link:
Fort Bend County Sheriff Milton Wright said the body is believed to be that of a female but are not certain because only the feet are exposed.

I'm sorry but what does that part in blue mean?

Edited to add: I think I understand it now, I "think". I believe they've ID'd the body as the girl. I hate that.

The link says the body was partially buried - I think that's what it means.

Not that it makes a difference but for those of you not familar with this area... it is a nice suburb right outside Houston.

Missing Teen's Body Found At Construction Site

Identity Of Body Unknown

POSTED: 12:41 pm CDT July 10, 2006
UPDATED: 6:03 pm CDT July 10, 2006

SUGAR LAND, Texas -- The body of a missing teenage girl was discovered at a construction site in Fort Bend County Monday, five miles from where she was last seen, KPRC Local 2 reported.

A construction crew performing utility work found the body of Ashton Glover, 16, in a shallow grave at around 11 a.m. at the site on Oil Field Road near Thompson Crossing near Sugar Land, authorities said.

The land was recently cleared for new home construction.

"Earlier today, a piece of heavy equipment apparently drove over the grave site and because of all the recent rain we've had, it made the body shift," Fort Bend County Sheriff Milton Wright said.

Glover was last seen at about 12:30 a.m. on Saturday at University Boulevard near Commonwealth Boulevard in Sugar Land. Officials said Glover left with two men in a light-colored Toyota pickup truck. Glover's friends told police that she knew the driver and may have known the other man.

Several people have been questioned in connection with Glover's disappearance. No arrests have been made.

Glover's father was devastated to learn about his daughter's death.

Video: Missing Teen's Mother Pleads For Information
Slideshow: Images Of Ashton Glover

"I don't know how I'm going to make it without her, but I'll make it," Terry Glover said. "I don't know why you did it. I hope you realize later in life what you've done. It takes a messed up individual to do what they've done."

Search crews had been looking for clues about Glover's disappearance in popular mudding areas and were preparing to search the construction site when the body was found.

More than 100 volunteers with Texas EquuSearch battled heat and humidity to search for Glover Monday.

After they received word that a body was found, many began to cry and pray.

"Please go with Ashton and help her to find her way home," a woman prayed.

Some of the searchers did not know Glover, but said they felt compelled to help look for her.

"She lives in my area, so I just felt like I had to go do this," teenager Katy McCaslin said. "If I disappeared, or one of my friends disappeared, I'd want just random people to help search for me."

Police said Glover's pickup truck, a maroon 2004 extended cab Ford Ranger with license plate 02G NZ1, had been left at the It's a Grind shop on Sweetwater Boulevard on Friday. Officials said the truck was picked up sometime before 2 a.m. Saturday and found later. Detectives did not elaborate on its whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Sugar Land police at 281-275-2525.

She was a lovely girl...seemed very loved, too. I will be anxious to find out who did this and see them punished. Prayers for the Glover family and all who loved Ashton. :(

I just can't believe how crazy people are. I hope they find these _____ (you know what's). This is way close to me. She was so young.
Mom's and Dad's PLEASE try to hammer it in to our children's heads not everyone can be trusted! We tell them, but they don't always listen. They want so badly to be cool, or loved or just fit in.
Ashton, you are in my prayers- as is your family.

Why, oh why won't people learn basic safety rules? Another young person that has lost their life. How sad for her family and those who loved her.

May she rest in peace. :(

I've submitted 2 articles that will be on www.crimelibrary.com tomorrow about Ashton -- don't know if it was posted above (sorry, I just skimmed) but police have videotape of a male moving Ashton's truck from the It's a Grind Coffee shop the night she vanished. Maybe that will bring about some sort of resolution.

Steve

misterallgood said:
I've submitted 2 articles that will be on www.crimelibrary.com tomorrow about Ashton -- don't know if it was posted above (sorry, I just skimmed) but police have videotape of a male moving Ashton's truck from the It's a Grind Coffee shop the night she vanished. Maybe that will bring about some sort of resolution.

Steve
I always enjoy your stories, Steve. You cover a case extremely well.
Unfortunately it's all true crime, so it's not that I enjoy reading about someone's misfortune, though ... :(
I am just so sorry about what has happened to Ashton. I pray for her family and hope her soul is at peace.
It just amazes me every time I read about another person being murdered :(

:( my thoughts and prayers go out to Ashton's family. I am so sorry for your loss.

misterallgood said:

Steve

Good, I'm glad to hear they have a good lead like that. Prayers for Ashton's family and for justice.

misterallgood said:

Steve

Steve,

One of the guys that Ashton left with was someone she knew from high school or so she told her friend when she was leaving. I don't know if he was driving the truck that she left in or not but at least they have somewhere to look.

If the camera at the coffee shop got a video of whoever took Ashton's truck do you think it might have also gotten a video of her leaving with the two guys? Do the cameras only focus on one area of the parking lot or do they cover the whole parking lot?

It's so sad that this happened to this young girl but I'm glad that they found her as soon as they did. I know that her parents have to be in agony and not finding her just extends that horror. This just happens way to often to our young people.

CrimeHater said:
I just can't believe how crazy people are. I hope they find these _____ (you know what's). This is way close to me. She was so young.
Mom's and Dad's PLEASE try to hammer it in to our children's heads not everyone can be trusted! We tell them, but they don't always listen. They want so badly to be cool, or loved or just fit in.
Ashton, you are in my prayers- as is your family.

I read an article in a paper over on CTV message board that said that Ashton told her friends before she left with the two guys that she knew one of the guys from school. She probably felt perfectly safe with him. I can see a young girl going with a couple guys...one that she knew from school without fearing for her safety. Who would have dreamed that it would have ended the way it did.

misterallgood said:

Steve

Oh man I go to that coffee shop when I go to First Colony Mall.

Greta's show last night said Ashton and the guys were going "mudding"...I wonder if they were drinking and something happened and Ashton was accidentally killed, and they panicked and buried her body rather than reporting it to the police?

Maybe she was hanging out the window and fell out and got run over? Does anyone know if she was drinking? Maybe alcohol poisioning?

I just can't fathom how someone would not run for help if someone got hurt though.

jodierenee said:
Maybe she was hanging out the window and fell out and got run over? Does anyone know if she was drinking? Maybe alcohol poisioning?

I just can't fathom how someone would not run for help if someone got hurt though.

Well, if they were all underage and drinking, they might not have the best judgment or could have been afraid of getting into trouble for the drinking and Ashton's resulting injury...so they panicked and buried her...sort of like one of the Natalee Holloway scenarios.

Suspects in Fort Bend girl's death arrested trying to enter Canada
Two suspects in the death of a Sugar Land teenager were arrested today as they tried to enter Canada, the Fort Bend County sheriff said.
Fort Bend County authorities earlier today had charged the two 18-year-old men with murder in the death of the girl, whose body was found Monday in a shallow grave in a muddy field.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4040838.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back