CA - Child Raped By As Many As 10 College Athletes, Police Say

cathieq

Reaction score
"For the time they've been here, they haven't thrown any wild parties," she said. "They haven't been doing anything crazy. They stay in the apartment. … I feel bad for them. That's just their life thrown away for something that childish."

This idiot feels bad for them. Spare me. This wasn't childish this was criminal and that mob mentality that seems to be getting more common with sports teams and fraternities makes me sick.

Outrageous! What is with these college athletes anyway? The incident here in NC with Duke is bad enough (assuming a crime was committed) but an 11-year old girl? :furious:

panthera said:
Outrageous! What is with these college athletes anyway? The incident here in NC with Duke is bad enough, but an 11 year old girl? :furious

I think the only thing the Duke players are guilty of is drinking and having strippers over, NOT raping anyone. There's a HUGE gap between these two things.

Jeana (DP) said:
panthera said:
Outrageous! What is with these college athletes anyway? The incident here in NC with Duke is bad enough, but an 11 year old girl? :furious

I think the only thing the Duke players are guilty of is drinking and having strippers over, NOT raping anyone. There's a HUGE gap between these two things.
I was just editing it when you quoted it...the edit does say assume a crime occurred. Sorry! :)

panthera said:
I was just editing it when you quoted it...the edit does say assume a crime occurred. Sorry! :)

Didn't mean to jump on ya!!! LOL I just can't see comparing an 11-year old girl being gang raped to the Duke case. All is well. :blushing:

Jeana (DP) said:
Didn't mean to jump on ya!!! LOL I just can't see comparing an 11-year old girl being gang raped to the Duke case. All is well. :blushing:

The girl was eleven, so it is statutory rape, and these guys did not play for a Duke quality college. If the rape charge is true, the future storyline is more likely to be just a matter of how many guys (braindead morons) go to prison.

Wudge said:
The girl was eleven, so it is statutory rape, and these guys did not play for a Duke quality college. If the rape charge is true, the future storyline is more likely to be just a matter of how many guys (braindead morons) go to prison.

Thanks Wudge. I don't do criminal, but isn't this worse than statutory rape?

Mackey Davis, 20, and Eddie Scott, 19, were arrested on one count each of child molestation with a victim under 14 and oral copulation with a victim under 18. Both were being held Sunday at Fresno County Jail on $100,000 bail.

Wudge said:

I thought any rape of a child younger than 12 years of age is considered Felony Rape or 1st Degree Assault? :waitasec:

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
I thought any rape of a child younger than 12 years of age is considered Felony Rape or 1st Degree Assault? :waitasec:

IMO

Ocean

Your head is where mine is!! LOL

I read about this on CNN and it just makes me sick to think that those thugs could actually hurt this young girls. It said that she had runaway from a group home, then for this to happen to that poor girl is just so sad. I hope that they throw the book at these guys. I guess for the life of me I can't understand why people do this.

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks Wudge. I don't do criminal, but isn't this worse than statutory rape?

Mackey Davis, 20, and Eddie Scott, 19, were arrested on one count each of child molestation with a victim under 14 and oral copulation with a victim under 18. Both were being held Sunday at Fresno County Jail on $100,000 bail.

As you know, consent matters not in statutory rape. There are no facts yet, and I do not have recall of California's penal code for rape, but gang raping an eleven year old girl against her will would be considered as bad as it gets in the mind of most any Judge.

If it was forced gang rape, I would certainly favor life. And I would not differentiate from a girl of eleven versus a woman of any age. It is beyond incredible to me that there are so many rapes in our society.

Wudge said:
As you know, consent matters not in statutory rape. There are no facts yet, and I do not have recall of California's penal code for rape, but gang raping an eleven year old girl against her will would be considered as bad as it gets in the mind of most any Judge.

If it was forced gang rape, I would certainly favor life. And I would not differentiate from it a girl of eleven versus a woman of any age. It is beyond incredible to me that there are so many rapes in our society.

That's because there can be no consent in statutory rape. A child cannot give consent. Other than that, I think we're in agreement.

Jeana (DP) said:
No problem, and there isn't a comparison. I only mentioned Duke because it involves college athletes and it's in the same state I'm in! I feel so sorry for this poor innocent child, and can't understand what it is with these guys...so sickening. :(

Jeana (DP) said:
That's because there can be no consent in statutory rape. A child cannot give consent. Other than that, I think we're in agreement.

(salute)

It will be interesting to see what media play this story receives. At face value, this is far worse than the Duke case. However, in that case, the woman was black, and the guys were white, no idea what the race mixture is here.

panthera said:
No problem, and there isn't a comparison. I only mentioned Duke because it involves college athletes and it's in the same state I'm in! I feel so sorry for this poor innocent child, and can't understand what it is with these guys...so sickening. :(

Agreed. College athletes and athletes in general do some crazy stuff and get away with way too much. If my child was receiving a Duke education and wasted his time with strippers and parties, I'd be pretty angry. Unfortunately, what came out of that night of partying is going to remain with them for life. They made some bad choices and there are consequences for them. Very sad really.

Anyway, about this little girl, I'd like to know more about why she was in a group home and why she ran away. My daughter is 11 and doesn't even walk to the next aisle in the grocery store without me, so its hard for me to picture this little girl being comfortable with running away.

Wudge said:
(salute)

It will be interesting to see what media play this story receives. At face value, this is far worse than the Duke case. However, in that case, the woman was black, and the guys were white, no idea what the race mixture is here.

And there was no rape. Don't forget about that. :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
Agreed. College athletes and athletes in general do some crazy stuff and get away with way too much. If my child was receiving a Duke education and wasted his time with strippers and parties, I'd be pretty angry. Unfortunately, what came out of that night of partying is going to remain with them for life. They made some bad choices and there are consequences for them. Very sad really.

Anyway, about this little girl, I'd like to know more about why she was in a group home and why she ran away. My daughter is 11 and doesn't even walk to the next aisle in the grocery store without me, so its hard for me to picture this little girl being comfortable with running away.
I don't know under what circumstances they place children in group homes in California; but maybe it's possible there is a lot of abuse at home, or mom's on drugs, in jail, or something along those lines?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back