1211 users online (266 members and 945 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's Your Opinion?

Did JonBenet's involvement with the pageants have anything at all to do with her ultimate fate?

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    Did JonBenet's involvement with the pageants have anything at all to do with her ultimate fate?
    It seems to me JonBenet was viewed as an object owned by her mother, so in that sense yes....

Yes, I do. I think she said she didn't want to do them any more and Patsy took that as an insult to her and her family.

"Fredo, don't ever take sides against the family again."

I don't think so. Since I lean toward BDI, I don't think it was the pageants, per se, but her all around 'perfectness' in Patsy's eyes. Now, that's not to say I think Burke did it because he was jealous of her in a premeditated sense, but that it may have enabled him because it was ALWAYS all about her and that made it easier to not hold back.

Kinda, sorta.....
    Above is my opinion only

I used to lean towards the BDI theory myself. It makes a lot of sense and explains much of what has happened in this case. But the fibers in JBR's underwear do not match the fibers in Burke's shirt. They are said to match the fibers in John's shirt collar. And JR was unable to give an innocent explanation for that during his deposition. Maybe there was an innocent explanation. He's had several years to come up with one. If he's thought of something by now, I'd like to hear it. Or if the fibers do not match those found in JBR's underwear, I'd like to see the evidence for that.
    Last edited by shiloh; 07-10-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Yes.

Because it fits into all of the theories, no matter which "Who Did It" you go with--it's a factor in all.

Well, I will say this for John - if he is totally innocent of knowing anything until he found the body earlier than the 'big discovery' - I would take the same stance as him. The media HAVE tainted his relationship with his baby, I would certainly NOT give them the satisfaction.
    Honestly, if the above is acurate, I would play it the same way. As long as I am not being charged - think what you will.

HOWEVER, having said that, I DO wonder where the fibers came from, but for some reason, I have never suspected John. He has just never raised my hinky meter like Patsy and Burke.

Although - I do think he is a prize d*ck.
    Above is my opinion only

Definitely. I think dressing JB up like a minature Vegas show-girl caused John to view her that way, and when Patsy may not have been available to meet his needs because of her Ovarian Cancer, I think he turned to JonBenet.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Possibly if you view her pageant activities as a form of parental control?

It may be anecdotal but from memory I read somewhere that John stopped JonBenet from appearing in a pageant in Las Vegas?

It was suggested that John did not consider this an appropriate venue for JonBenet?

This portrayed John as a concerned parent, but on reflection it possibly looks more like an attempt to distance himself from the pageant activity?

This aspect of the pageants was not lost on Patsy either, she once remarked to a child beauty pageant organizer that she was considering not allowing JonBenet to compete in the Southern pageants, specifically because of their ambiguous character.

So here is anecdotal evidence that both parents were aware of exactly what the potential effects were of allowing JonBenet to compete.

To encourage your daughter to dance across the stage in a Las Vegas showgirl outfit, complete with heavy makeup. To look alluringly at judges, and make her bodily movements that of an adult woman, all at 6-years old, suggest the possibility of a sexually dysfunctional family.

So yes her pageant activity probably played a part in setting the scene for her untimely death.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Definitely. I think dressing JB up like a minature Vegas show-girl caused John to view her that way, and when Patsy may not have been available to meet his needs because of her Ovarian Cancer, I think he turned to JonBenet.
    Interesting thought, LinasK, although I have to say that if you do not have pedophile tendancies, I would have to think that a child dressed a certain way would not have you 'making the jump'. Some of those outfits were absolutely deplorable.
    Anytime videos are shown on TV with JBR all trussed up in vegas showgirl gear, my husband says, "Good Jesus, her mother should have been shot for that."
    I think it would have be very interesting to have a magic crystal ball to see if Patsy would have objected to a teenage JBR trying to get out of the house to see her friends in revealing outfits - being a Christian woman and all.

There is (or was) a show on tv called 'Tiara Girls' that is all about pageants. Few of these girls were well adjusted and some parents were worse - one had a FATHER telling his daughter who was choosing a bathing suit that she had to lose weight. WTF??
    Another one had a girl saying, "Runner Up is first loser." Well, had they been talking about a science fair, that attitude is bad enough, but looks???
    Above is my opinion only

I think we cannot dismiss any aspect of Jonbenet Ramsey's lifestyle as insignificant. We won't know what was and wasn't significant until the case has been solved.

I was recently watching an interview with a detective on the news and he said that the often don't know what the motive for a crime was until they've caught the perp.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

"Interesting thought, LinasK, although I have to say that if you do not have pedophile tendancies, I would have to think that a child dressed a certain way would not have you 'making the jump'."

Maybe not, Brefie, but you have to admit, it's not a big leap of imagination!

LinasK, that thought keeps me awake at night. It would explain a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy
    Possibly if you view her pageant activities as a form of parental control?
    To encourage your daughter to dance across the stage in a Las Vegas showgirl outfit, complete with heavy makeup. To look alluringly at judges, and make her bodily movements that of an adult woman, all at 6-years old, suggest the possibility of a sexually dysfunctional family.

So yes her pageant activity probably played a part in setting the scene for her untimely death.
    Good point about parental control and the sexually dysfunctional family, UKGuy. I too think JB's involvement in pageants like that played a significant part re her death.
    There has been quite some discussion about whether JonBenet had been the victim of prior sexual abuse. Imo opinion encouraging your child to perform seductively is already a form of child abuse. Is the followig theory a far stretch then? Not at all imo:
    [Lina SK]I think dressing JB up like a minature Vegas show-girl caused John to view her that way, and when Patsy may not have been available to meet his needs because of her Ovarian Cancer, I think he turned to JonBenet.
    Definitely a possibility. It would explain the 'sexual predator' part in the staging, meaning that the injury to JB's vagina was inflicted to hide signs of prior sexual abuse.

Former Miss America Marilyn Van Derbur Atler came from a family who were outwardly very much like the Ramseys. They were millionaires, her father was a successful and well-respected businessman, and her mother was obsessed with pageants and with projecting the image of a being a perfect family. That's where the similarity ends. She is an incest survivor, and says that she was raped repeatedly by her father from a very young age until she left for college. Unfortunately, this is very common, occurring at the rate of about 1 in 12 young females being sexually abused by their fathers, according to one site. But Nedra apparently took comfort in the fact that it was just a little abuse (in her opinion). What kind of a grandmother would make such a remark -- no matter who it was who was doing the abusing?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    "Interesting thought, LinasK, although I have to say that if you do not have pedophile tendancies, I would have to think that a child dressed a certain way would not have you 'making the jump'."

Maybe not, Brefie, but you have to admit, it's not a big leap of imagination!
    For me it is - and I am no expert, I just think that you are either 'into' kids or you are not. A sickening thought, I know, but that's how I imagine it to 'work'.
    Above is my opinion only

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast