Unidentified White Male
- The victim was located on February 28, 1984 in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa
- Cause of Death: Blunt trauma.
- Estimated Date of Death: Summer of 1983
- Skeletal remains
- Estimated age: 28 - 48 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7" - 5'9"; 150 lbs.
- Clothing: Faded blue denims with 31" waist, dark leather belt, brown socks, low cut TRAX sneakers brown/blue in color.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; medium build. He had a surgical pin implanted in his right knee; he was right handed. He had many tattoos.
- Tattoo #1: Flying bird carrying a streamer in its beak. Written inside the streamer is MOTHER. The word DAD is above the bird. The bird is in red-orange ink. The back of the streamer is in green ink. The tattoo is located on the right upper-arm near the shoulder-tip. Dimensions: Approximately 3 inches from DAD to the bottom of the streamer. Approximately 2 1/2 inches from beak to tail.
- Tattoo #2: Nazi storm-trooper. Wearing a German helmet and an iron cross. SS on collar tabs. The face under the helmet is skull-like. Has appearance of wearing a leather coat. Dark-colored ink. Located on the side and extending to the rear of the right upper-arm. Dimensions: Approximately 6 inches tall by 3 inches wide. Runs parallel to tattoos 3 and 4.
- Tattoo #3: Laughing skull with top-hat and cigarette. The words BORN TO DIE encircling design. Red ink inside eyes. Green ink inside nose. Located on right arm/inside bicep. Approximately 1/2 inch above tattoo #4. Total size approximately 1 3/4 inches wide at brim of hat by 2 inches long.
- Tattoo #4: Female face with dark hair under a sombrero. Fancy design on brim of sombrero. It's believed that the sombrero was put on after the female's features were tattooed. An additional tattoo of JOHN is visible under the design inside the sombrero brim. From top of the hat to the chin of the female face is approximately 2 1/2 inches. The brim of the sombrero is approximately 2 1/4 inches wide. Located on the inner-arm approximately 3 1/2 inches from the elbow joint. (right side) Approximately 1/2 inch below the skull in top-hat design.
- Tattoo #5: Female facial-profile/left side. Located on right side of chest above nipple. Tattooed so that female's hair appears light-colored. NOTE: A distinctive feature is that the female has a "gear" with a wrench through it for an earring. Dimensions: Tattoo would take up most of victim's right breast-area.
- Tattoo #6: Appears to be a spotted snake coiled around a tree. Dark ink. Located in the middle of the chest; along the sternum, from the xiphoid process to the angle. Majority of this tattoo is indistinguishable due to skin deterioration.
- Tattoo #7: Dark-colored ink. No combination for colors. Believed that skin-section from abdominal area/right side between navel and chest. Approximate dimensions: (male cartoon figure minus head due to skin deterioration.) toe to toe - 3 inches; sole to upper-chest - 3 3/4 inches.
- Tattoo #8: Dark-colored ink. No discernible color combinations. Butterfly pattern. Located on the rear of the right-side shoulder; towards the collarbone area. Dimension: Approximately 1 1/2 inches long. NOTE: No pattern distinguishable on rearward wing (possibly due to skin deterioration)
The victim was located in brushy area along a dirt trail in Des Moines, Iowa on February 28, 1984.
He had a plastic comb, a plastic Copenhagen snuff box and a pocket knife on him.